Cornwall Football Forum

Vets League 19-03-2017

St Agnes 3 Royal Par 4. Away side have now taken more scalps than a Red Indian war party. Big Chief Slow Bear (Cameron Hague our manager) looked to be struggling for a team but the signing of Kev Allen from Sunday side St Kew Highway and Sandy manager Dean Kitley boosted numbers meaning we still had 3 squaws on the bench. Home side took lead in first minute but Kev got the first of his debut hatrick within 60 seconds to equalise. Wind played a major factor in the game almost as much as us scoring one more than them. Custers last stand first half for us, going in 2-1 down at HT. Second half we performed a rain dance and made big wampum by first equalising and then taking lead. Home side looked to have taken share of spoils with a late equaliser before Big Chief Hairy Beaver (our manager) fired in on the half volley from a corner. Thank you to St Agnes for their hospitality, wigwam could have done with a sweep but that's just being pedantic. 

Well done again Dave. Two great results two weeks running!! Really chuffed for you lads, great bunch of boys. Cameron Clough doing alright as well ain't he! ??⚽

Also today a depleted Wadebridge went down 6-1 at a rampant Perranporth. 4 goals for the talented Paul Robertson and 2 for Mick Lane including a wind assisted 40 harder! Ian McKeller pulling a consolation back last 5 minutes. 

St Dennis 3-2 Callington

We threw the game away in the first half with some silly mistakes and gave too many free kicks away in dangerous places. We're 3-0 down after 35 mins. Managed to get one back before half time to put up a better second half. But damage was already done.Great to see my old teams mates again facilities there are now very impressive. Good luck now and hope you go on to win the league, hopefully we can get a cup.

41 minutes ago, TRUCKER said:

St Dennis 3-2 Callington

We threw the game away in the first half with some silly mistakes and gave too many free kicks away in dangerous places. We're 3-0 down after 35 mins. Managed to get one back before half time to put up a better second half. But damage was already done.Great to see my old teams mates again facilities there are now very impressive. Good luck now and hope you go on to win the league, hopefully we can get a cup.

Were u in the game 1st half lol,always nice to c u trucks shame I was trashed the nite b4 other wise I'd of got a goal or 2 ha ha c u soon mate