Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jolzy10

Option of a Friendly June/July time DATE TBC

Hi all,

Just a quick one, a friend of mine is planning a stag do for his friend who manages Halwill AFC 1st team from the Devon and Exeter football league (Div 2) and are keen to have a friendly against a local side in and around the Truro area (Date TBC) when they travel down for his stag do.

And so was wondered if any team would be up for hosting them on the Saturday morning/lunchtime? They are looking for a game against anyone that would be interested and the plan for them is to have a game and then get on it after, and so if anyone is interested please PM me and I can forward details, I'm not sure of the standard they play at but someone on here would probably know the equivalent, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers all

Elliott

I think Halwill are in the Devon and Exeter League 2. If that's the case then D&E Prem is a feeder to the SWPL so would be the same as Combo or ECPL - in which case D&E 2 would equate to Trelawney / Dutchy 1 or 2.............. that said as it's a stag do game I would imagine they would be more than happy to play any team with a bar 

Halwill aren't a bad side. They take it seriously and will give any opponent a hard game. The top Combo sides would probably find it an easy game, whilst some of the others may make the outcome interesting - in my opinion. Used to watch Halwill regularly some seasons back, but not seen them recently, although I always look for their result. Currently third from bottom in Devon and Exeter League Div 2. 

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I think that the word that I would use is "frightening" Keith!

I think you're probably right Bruegel, I was trying to be kind to Halwill. If something is arranged, we will see. 

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 17:00, jolzy10 said:

Thanks for the feedback all, sorry for the lateness of replying as not been on here since.

I knew there would be someone who knew a little about them, still looking if anyone can accommodate them.

Cheers Elliott

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 17:20, Dave Deacon said:

I think it should read Devon & Exeter League, div 2

Cheers Dave, now updated!!