Cornwall Football Forum

A game not to be missed for the County Youth

Dave Deacon

David B - am fairly certain that County Caps are for 8 games,  as the squad has played 7 - 8 after Saturday's game this season will all the uncapped players will get their cap this weekend - thinking about Josh P, Joe Adkins, Cam Turner, Jack R especially, as this will be their last HOME game playing for the County U18 - all the younger lads will have home games next season - perhaps Ollie, Tiago, Jack W, Joel, Luke  (there will be more) could get their caps after the final??

Either way - massive achievement for the lads, and Glynn and his coaches / Physio.

Also - watched the Truro College team play in the national youth league quarter final yesterday - winning 4-1 and now through to the semi final v Spurs at White Hart Lane in March (they have already beaten Fulham and Reading). The team had Tiago, Max R, Josh P starting, with Jack W, James H, Ollie W on the bench (Ed H and Charlie H both not playing as  getting  over sickness so fit for Saturday) - that's 8 of the County squad through to another National semi final. 

Allowing for three U19 players, the Truro College squad has some real quality, some of whom will feature in next season's County Squad - and the lad Finn Cross is a great striker,  maybe one Glynn might look to bring on this season if Mattie is not available (sincere Condolences Mattie if you are reading this)

Youth football in Cornwall has reached TWO national semi finals (finals to come) and is in great hands - we'll done to all involved, players, managers and CCFA ??⚽️

Great result for Cornwall and a huge well done to the unsung heroes behind the scenes for all the organising they do. Steve Massey has another long road trip tomorrow to gather notes for the final. The final could be at a decent venue - possibly Oxford United or Barnet. Maybe a road trip in April. Hopefully the CCFA will take notes from the Cornwall RFU in organising transport for the final and hopefully Trelawny's Army and the various bands and nutters can make it a day to remember. I know Cornwall will make us all proud Cornishmen whatever the result! :c:

What a fantastic achievement from all involved with the county youth team this season! I hope the Cornwall FA will push the boat out and kit the boys out with some nice track suits with perhaps an embroidered FA county youth final 16/17 next to the county badge on their tops for their special weekend,  If not I'm sure a sponsor could be found on an occasion such as this!? Always think if you look and feel the part you play the part! Looking at Glynns squads it's been the same 18/19 odd boys all the way through so why not present them each with a county cap with FA county youth cup final 16/17 on to mark the outstanding achievement to remember a great time in their lives by. Why 8 games to get a cap? 1 minute should be enough! All these lads would have played a part on or off the field supporting their team mates being taught the right way by Glynn and his excellent team around him.  There seems to be some forward thinking people at the Cornwall FA these days so it's probably all in hand I'm sure, and well done boys you've created history already but now we're there let's have one more fantastic 90 minutes and go and win it!!! Good luck lads.

2 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

What a fantastic achievement from all involved with the county youth team this season! I hope the Cornwall FA will push the boat out and kit the boys out with some nice track suits with perhaps an embroidered FA county youth final 16/17 next to the county badge on their tops for their special weekend,  If not I'm sure a sponsor could be found on an occasion such as this!? Always think if you look and feel the part you play the part! Looking at Glynns squads it's been the same 18/19 odd boys all the way through so why not present them each with a county cap with FA county youth cup final 16/17 on to mark the outstanding achievement to remember a great time in their lives by. Why 8 games to get a cap? 1 minute should be enough! All these lads would have played a part on or off the field supporting their team mates being taught the right way by Glynn and his excellent team around him.  There seems to be some forward thinking people at the Cornwall FA these days so it's probably all in hand I'm sure, and well done boys you've created history already but now we're there let's have one more fantastic 90 minutes and go and win it!!! Good luck lads.

Sticker Follower - totally agree with what you have said and I know reps from the CCFA read the forum and I am sure they will do everything to make this as special as possible for all the squad. I think the cap issue would have to stay as its been that way for years so to change it would impact on other's caps and they will have a souvenir from the day (winners medals!!).

You make a great point about sponsorship though, a bit of kit etc. - this campaign has seen fantastic publicity across all media outlets in the county over 7 months (19 months if you look on it that Glynn started building last season and is looking to next season as well). There must be a sponsor out there who wants to show support to youth development and association with such a great set up - if there is, come forward (the final may well be very early April).