Cornwall Football Forum

Rappo in the nationals!

Dave Deacon

Thanks gents, must admit it's been a ridiculous week!! I've had over 800 messages and apparently there's lots more on Facebook so the kids tell me! So maybe over a 1000!?! Just an example today It was in the Daily Mirror and Daily Express papers, I've had a mention on 2 radio shows, got told it was a world record total by a guardian statistician, a phone call from Fourfourtwo to be in the magazine in early April (too late for the next one out next week) and I've got an interview tomorrow at 3pm at St.Blazey with ITN news! To cap it all off I was invited to go on Soccer AM this Saturday!!! Unfortunately it clashes with the boys county youth national cup semi final v Durham so couldn't miss that!! I've been watching my son and most of those boys play since they were 9 years old and I didn't want to miss the game of their lives. Hoping it'll still be newsworthy next week and I still get an invite? I would like to thank Mr Dave Deacon who I know has been getting lots of calls and emails asking for photos, reports etc from the past from a lot of people this week which has took up a few hours of his time and Mr Steve Cudmore from Wadebridge Town for passing on my number to a few people that have contacted the club. Also a lot of you for all the really nice wishes and congrats etc and also some really nice write ups in the local papers which will be great to look back on when I'm getting pushed around by Rach in my wheelchair (next year!) Before I bore anyone too much a few people have asked for a breakdown of the goals (they think we're lying!?!) ? which as Bob said I've put on before a year or two ago but here it is up to date. Basically it's men's competitive football, if I included youth football and men's friendlies it would be around the 2800 mark but to be any sort of record it's only competitive league or cup football, so here are the totals and thank you once again to everyone it's been a fantastic end to a lovely career, I feel blessed and very privileged ?✌️⚽

SENIOR  =  903    SWL,  COMBO,  ECL,  FA CUP,  FA VASE, CORNWALL,

JUNIOR  =  468    MINING LEAGUE, FALMOUTH/HELSTON, TRELAWNY, DUCHY

SUNDAY  =  437   SUNDAY LEAGUE & CUPS

VETERANS  193   VETS LEAGUE & CUPS

13 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Thanks gents, must admit it's been a ridiculous week!! I've had over 800 messages and apparently there's lots more on Facebook so the kids tell me! So maybe over a 1000!?! Just an example today It was in the Daily Mirror and Daily Express papers, I've had a mention on 2 radio shows, got told it was a world record total by a guardian statistician, a phone call from Fourfourtwo to be in the magazine in early April (too late for the next one out next week) and I've got an interview tomorrow at 3pm at St.Blazey with ITN news! To cap it all off I was invited to go on Soccer AM this Saturday!!! Unfortunately it clashes with the boys county youth national cup semi final v Durham so couldn't miss that!! I've been watching my son and most of those boys play since they were 9 years old and I didn't want to miss the game of their lives. Hoping it'll still be newsworthy next week and I still get an invite? I would like to thank Mr Dave Deacon who I know has been getting lots of calls and emails asking for photos, reports etc from the past from a lot of people this week which has took up a few hours of his time and Mr Steve Cudmore from Wadebridge Town for passing on my number to a few people that have contacted the club. Also a lot of you for all the really nice wishes and congrats etc and also some really nice write ups in the local papers which will be great to look back on when I'm getting pushed around by Rach in my wheelchair (next year!) Before I bore anyone too much a few people have asked for a breakdown of the goals (they think we're lying!?!) ? which as Bob said I've put on before a year or two ago but here it is up to date. Basically it's men's competitive football, if I included youth football and men's friendlies it would be around the 2800 mark but to be any sort of record it's only competitive league or cup football, so here are the totals and thank you once again to everyone it's been a fantastic end to a lovely career, I feel blessed and very privileged ?✌️⚽

SENIOR  =  903    SWL,  COMBO,  ECL,  FA CUP,  FA VASE, CORNWALL,

JUNIOR  =  468    MINING LEAGUE, FALMOUTH/HELSTON, TRELAWNY, DUCHY

SUNDAY  =  437   SUNDAY LEAGUE & CUPS

VETERANS  193   VETS LEAGUE & CUPS

Get a life Mark (!)....I had more bookings and sending off's than that :yahoo:

You got to give Mark credit the footballs he use to kick where a lot harder in his days and the old hard boots he use to use and the pitches where a lot worse in those days ok hes on tv soon he will be on the red carpet up London next for Sportsman of the year maybe he will even have a statue up Mt Wise to mark his remarkable achievement Well done Rappo your total will never be beaten

8 hours ago, hansome dan said:

I,ve heard they,re thinking of naming the  Mark rapsey Newquay airport after him 100%

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I wonder how that tally would stand up against Glyn Hoopers tally over the years? Obviously Glyn didn't play as long as Mark has. Would be interesting as I appreciate every goal counts but the real stat here for me are the 903 (what I call) the proper goals, the senior goals. Not Sunday, Junior or Vets. Be interesting to see if Dave Deacs could get some figures from Hoops. Well done Mark Rapsey

What be the total if Rappo added his Pre season Friendly, Charity (Dr's v Porters),the untold Amsterdam Summer games and then all his 5 aside goals.

I always remember showing Joey Scott his   Falmouth club record tally- He wouldn't have it and I found out later that  his total included all his pre season friendly goals.

Crickey Mike!! Used to love the old Carn Brea 5 a side league when I was quick! Worth 50 a season at least over 20 or so seasons would have thought mate. Close to another 200 if you add men's friendlies, the Amsters tours were awesome, obviously epic off the pitch with the boys but the lush flat pitches used to suit us over there as well, and we had a bit of a monopoly on the old Brewery Cup didn't we!! At a rough guess I would say I scored about 600 in youth football from age 9 to 17 but got no real accurate record Mike. I know my best season was 112!  I tend to agree with Perry who was a fantastic goalscorer himself who I grew up admiring back when I was a kid starting out as a skinny left winger in men's football for Malabar!! Hard to believe now I know!!  ?  You never score a bad goal at whatever level, the goals don't move!! But to be fair to Leeds it was a good question, I've scored 13 in one game in the Sunday league, a couple of 9s, a few 7s. Remember beating FC Truro 11-3 for Truro Athletic, I had 9 and a young 16 year old by the name of Martin Gritton had a hat-trick for them!!! ?⚽️ So there's no doubt those sort of leagues have boosted the tally no end and in the 91/92 season I notched my best ever tally of 162 goals. I just loved having a kick about with my mates on a Sunday morning and having a bit of finishing practice after the serious stuff on a Saturday where you were getting paid and winning was everything and you could give no less than 100%. I was never a drinker so was never pissed on a Sunday morning with a hangover! I might have eaten a bacon sandwich an hour before the game though! So I agree with Leeds to some extent that the semi pro or senior goals are the ones to measure yourself against as a top striker. As for Hoops, he was top top quality no doubt at all. Classy, silky, superb touch, and cool as a cucumber in front of goal. Was a team mate of his at Falmouth and Porthleven, a class act. Always remember the 92 SWL Cup final at Bodmin when we beat a strong D & C Police team 5-0. I was the leagues top scorer already that season, (Jack Hawke Trophy) and had already scored 2 in the game, and we got a penalty last 5 minutes. Hoops hadn't scored in that game at the time and was on penalties, having not missed one all season and we were 4-0 up at the time. He didn't hesitate to offer me the ball for my hat-trick and I had to practically force the ball back into his hand! Absolute class ?. Of course he scored and to also score over 300 goals for one club and a team like Blazey had at the time is testament to his ability. So in answer to Leeds question, Hoops records would stand up to any striker in any league! ?? I would never say I'm the best player by any standards but as a pure finisher I'm confident to say I think I can compete with most on that level. Just noticed I've rambled on a touch so I'm off to watch match of the day!!! ?⚽?