Cornwall Football Forum

A very special penalty!

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou gents!!! Nice to have a couple angles of it! Not too chuffed on the angle of my stomach in that L shirt though!! ? Not my best pen ever, just wanted to hit the target really. Great to have it on film to remember it by though thanks for filming it ?⚽. Still can't believe it's gone all over the world!! Googled my name next to a few countries when I was bored last night and it's gone to places like Brazil, lndia and Nigeria to name a few and most european countries!! Did an interview for Polstat Sport last wednesday and Italia Eurosport last Friday and got one tomorrow late afternoon for French tv and Le Foot magazine, bit like our Fourfourtwo by all accounts! Hope they won't mind going to the senior cup semi final at Wadebridge if we're running late!! ? Never thought about it being a world record when I was just struggling to get there with my dodgy knees! Just wish Roy Castle was still around to give me my certificate!! Anyway, nice while it lasts and a bit of exposure for Cornish football which we deserve!! Not as good as the county youth lads getting to the final though!!! ??⚽? Perhaps the scouts will actually come down over the Tamar bridge in future and have a look at some of our talented youngsters now! ?⚽ Thanks again to everyone for all the great messages and wishes, been brilliant ?⚽

28 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Thankyou gents!!! Nice to have a couple angles of it! Not too chuffed on the angle of my stomach in that L shirt though!! ? Not my best pen ever, just wanted to hit the target really. Great to have it on film to remember it by though thanks for filming it ?⚽. Still can't believe it's gone all over the world!! Googled my name next to a few countries when I was bored last night and it's gone to places like Brazil, lndia and Nigeria to name a few and most european countries!! Did an interview for Polstat Sport last wednesday and Italia Eurosport last Friday and got one tomorrow late afternoon for French tv and Le Foot magazine, bit like our Fourfourtwo by all accounts! Hope they won't mind going to the senior cup semi final at Wadebridge if we're running late!! ? Never thought about it being a world record when I was just struggling to get there with my dodgy knees! Just wish Roy Castle was still around to give me my certificate!! Anyway, nice while it lasts and a bit of exposure for Cornish football which we deserve!! Not as good as the county youth lads getting to the final though!!! ??⚽? Perhaps the scouts will actually come down over the Tamar bridge in future and have a look at some of our talented youngsters now! ?⚽ Thanks again to everyone for all the great messages and wishes, been brilliant ?⚽

Respect to you for your remarkable achievements.

Hopefully the Youth will be seen by Scouts from London Clubs.

Thanks very much Keith.  ??. Hi Mike, I'm trying to print off as much of the online stuff as I can mate! Before it disappears!?! ?  You can have it all for a look when the 15 minutes of fame has died down mate!!! ?  Just literally answered about 10 questions online for a Brazilian journalist for Escrevendo Futebol magazine. Got the French guys coming over tomorrow, might die down after that Mike? All been a bit mental to be honest! Told him if Pele had played in some of the leagues I have he would have scored 3000!!!  ???⚽

Congratulations Rappo!

It would be interesting to know which formation you enjoyed playing the most, and which team mates to provide you with the chances?

A no 9 with 2 true wingers, a lone forward, up front with a big man..........

433, 442, 352, 4,1,4,1 or is it just 0898 now?

Thanks Keith much appreciated mate, thought it would have died down a bit by now!?  ?  Remember those shorts Pat, loads better for running in they were and that lovely warm horse linament on your legs, don't remember getting many pulled muscles with that old remedy and a bit of crisp and dry oil over the top of it! Not sure bout the book though!! Better leave the Amsterdam trips out of it!!! ?⚽  Yeah 0898 always a favourite Mauler ? When I was young and quick 442 playing off a big striker like Sammy Leonce in his prime winning every header was nice!! Must admit later on was 451. Not much running in the channels, just run the box lines and play in a confined area with no other striker making the same runs in the way. Had a great season at Wadebridge doing that with 3 great lads playing behind and two quick wingers, loved that mate ?⚽