Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith B

Arsenal and Wenger.

A point at home , at least there was a bit of fight in the first half , put the fans quiet for a minute , in patches played better than the last few games , but don't move from sixth  which is were they deserve to be after the last few games .

Having just watched Arsenal v Man City, oh dear not great football. Wenger needs to take a long look at his defence - in a word, it's awful. That said, the City defence are no great shakes either. Too much whistle spoiled the game as well. 

Can't worry about the gap , can't worry about top four , have to worry though about the future of the club and which way it is going , the main worry is more of the same , Ivan the terrible had a meeting with the AST before todays game , allegedly he said the board are looking into the infrastructure , coaches , director of football , this was reported on Sky before and after the game , Thierry doesn't think Arsene would like someone running that side of the club as he is his own man and is very hands on . 

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

You aint going to catch us this season.

Be prepared you Goons.

You are going to get it.

The only thing we are going to catch is a cold :wacko:

I agree SSS. I think, for the first time in Premier League history, Spurs are going to finish ahead of Arsenal in the league. I don't think Spurs will win the title, although looking at Chelsea's run in, they do have some difficult fixtures. Liverpool, I would say, have the most appetizing run in for their supporters, an away trip to West Brom being the most tricky fixture they appear to have left! But I think both will come up short.

11 hours ago, Mangle said:

I agree SSS. I think, for the first time in Premier League history, Spurs are going to finish ahead of Arsenal in the league. I don't think Spurs will win the title, although looking at Chelsea's run in, they do have some difficult fixtures. Liverpool, I would say, have the most appetizing run in for their supporters, an away trip to West Brom being the most tricky fixture they appear to have left! But I think both will come up short.

It may well be the first time in the premiership.

With us finishing above you,and you failing to qualify for the Champions League,its going to be a very long summer for you poor Goons.

I have told you for long enough,and been predicting the tide was turning.

The double is still on.

The future is Lilywhite.

COYS.

When you say the same thing for long enough, of course it comes true, as I have said before. No skill in that. Spurs do have a rosy future by the looks of things right now, but things can change. And I do not think they have the strength to threaten winning the PL as well as competing in the CL. Came up well short this season. Like Arsenal, you require some good signings in the summer.

22 minutes ago, Mangle said:

When you say the same thing for long enough, of course it comes true, as I have said before. No skill in that. Spurs do have a rosy future by the looks of things right now, but things can change. And I do not think they have the strength to threaten winning the PL as well as competing in the CL. Came up well short this season. Like Arsenal, you require some good signings in the summer.

Cant see to many signings in the summer. Maybe Isco,Zaha,or Dembele of Celtic,but Poch is happy with what he has got.

Big thing this summer,with the new Stadium getting closer,is keeping all our top players.

I have a feeling one big name might go to boost the finances.

Mind you,if we do the double ,it might change things.:P

Behave. I actually predict that Chelsea will beat you in the semi-final, and as I already said, you will not get the PL title. Trophy-less, as usual, but then, you are used to that!!

3 hours ago, Mangle said:

Behave. I actually predict that Chelsea will beat you in the semi-final, and as I already said, you will not get the PL title. Trophy-less, as usual, but then, you are used to that!!

Thanks for that.

So when Chelsea beat us,who will they meet in the final.???????

Premiership will still be difficult,but it is all about applying pressure if Chelsea slip.

I see the F.A.Cup a bit different. We will beat Chelsea,and would love to have your shower in the final.

Beat the Goons ,and achieve the double.

ITS ON.

It is on, no doubt about that. The favourite for the cup is definitely in your semi-final. Whether it's Man City or Arsenal, they will be the underdog in the final against whoever it is. I am hoping Arsenal get there, then I will have someone to cheer in the final. Or if Spurs get there and Arsenal don't, at least i can cheer on Man City! In all fairness, it would be great for a Spurs/Arsenal final. What a climax to the season that would be.

A good win, no doubt, after being 1-0 down with minutes left. But Chelsea won too, maintaining the gap with one game less to play. And I see Arsenal continue to slide this season, only a miserly win against West Ham, 3 goals to the good. Back into 4th, surely everyone can see the turmoil at this club, the disastrous state of affairs, the players not playing for the manager. How dare they continue to play this unrecognisable form of football, bringing continuous embarrassment upon us poor supporters. Please, sack the manager, change the directors and buy the complete Barcelona team to get back on track. Everyone can see it, so why do they continue with this nonsense situation. Sort it out.

When you think Spurs were without half the first team.

No,Lloris,Rose,Wanyama,Lamela,and Kane.

That was a awesome effort.

As I said before.We cannot worry about Chelsea,just got to make sure we keep winning ,then IF Chelsea do slip,we are ready.

But we do look to be consolidating our 2nd spot.

COYS.

10 hours ago, Mangle said:

A good win, no doubt, after being 1-0 down with minutes left. But Chelsea won too, maintaining the gap with one game less to play. And I see Arsenal continue to slide this season, only a miserly win against West Ham, 3 goals to the good. Back into 4th, surely everyone can see the turmoil at this club, the disastrous state of affairs, the players not playing for the manager. How dare they continue to play this unrecognisable form of football, bringing continuous embarrassment upon us poor supporters. Please, sack the manager, change the directors and buy the complete Barcelona team to get back on track. Everyone can see it, so why do they continue with this nonsense situation. Sort it out.

Yes a good win ,  but as a fan are you happy with the position the club is in ? Not about the business side but the playing side  are you happy to get top four each season ? Or do you want the club challenging for the title ?  This is about The Arsenal and the future on the pitch .Is it right fans fighting each other in the stands ? If Arsene is staying make the announcement now and it will put a  stop all the media speculation and at least the fans know what to expect and the team can focus on the cup semi .

Yes I am happy. Of course I want the team to win trophies. Finishing top 4 is not the target, but to be at that level is challenging for the title. Second last season. Not good enough, but having a bleddy good go. Second best team in the whole league. Won nothing, so it's a disaster. Actually, it isn't. We are still in the FA Cup this season, semi final, two wins from winning a trophy, just like the other 3 teams left. I say, be careful what you wish for. The club is in good shape, and I will stand by them through thick and thin. Still in with a very good chance of qualifying for CL again. Is that not good enough? Or is only winning the title good enough? You ask "is it right that fans are fighting"? Of course not. But at a game hosting 60,000 supporters, and as many as 200 hold a protest, who ******* cares about the 0.33%. UP THE GUNNERS.

14 hours ago, somersetspur said:

But we do look to be consolidating our 2nd spot.

Seriously, you're gloating about consolidating 2nd spot. Arsenal have finished above Spurs for more than 20 years in a row, finishing second on several occasions. But all we heard was laughter. "Not winning anything" jibes. Well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander my friend.

9 hours ago, Mangle said:

Yes I am happy. Of course I want the team to win trophies. Finishing top 4 is not the target, but to be at that level is challenging for the title. Second last season. Not good enough, but having a bleddy good go. Second best team in the whole league. Won nothing, so it's a disaster. Actually, it isn't. We are still in the FA Cup this season, semi final, two wins from winning a trophy, just like the other 3 teams left. I say, be careful what you wish for. The club is in good shape, and I will stand by them through thick and thin. Still in with a very good chance of qualifying for CL again. Is that not good enough? Or is only winning the title good enough? You ask "is it right that fans are fighting"? Of course not. But at a game hosting 60,000 supporters, and as many as 200 hold a protest, who ******* cares about the 0.33%. UP THE GUNNERS.

Seriously, you're gloating about consolidating 2nd spot. Arsenal have finished above Spurs for more than 20 years in a row, finishing second on several occasions. But all we heard was laughter. "Not winning anything" jibes. Well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander my friend.

Your answer is in your post.

For 20 years you say you been doing it.But the cycle is now on a downward spirral.

Spurs finished third last season,1st or 2nd this season and a trophy , is progressing with a young manager and squad.

Then to continue the progress with this squad and manager,we must win the Premiership.

Not quite the same as you shower.

I think a lot of gooners forget There was an Arsenal FC before Arsene , you can't not but admire what he has done for the club , with trophies , new ground ,      colney  training ground , but we haven't won a title for thirteen years , second last season,  now that should have been the catalyst to push on  and build on that position  , the recent results have been rubbish , now this season top four isn't a given , might be a relief to not be in champs leaguel the club at present can't compete with the best that Europe has to offer ,. Now can any fan see that the board , coaches can change it all around  ?  I don't think they can , i would love to be proven wrong but on present showing  it is not happening , yes we have the FA cup to still play for but the board have stated that the club can compete with the top clubs ? Now is that down to them not pursuing Arsene recommended players or Arsenes own signings ?    Yes still a gooner and always will be but questions need answering or the unrest will carry on .

Just now, Keith B said:

Pipe down all of you - I'm wishing I'd not started this ! :) Looks as if Wenger is staying - we will see.

Trouble when you go fishing you are not sure what you will catch Keith B , and you have certainly  stirred the pot .

10 hours ago, stevieb said:

Trouble when you go fishing you are not sure what you will catch Keith B , and you have certainly  stirred the pot .

As said in an earlier post stevie, most managers would give their right arm to be in Arsenals position in the league. Ok, they are currently lacking silverware, but, they will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season and, next season too. If Wenger does leave, the Gunners are a big team with a great history - there will be no lack of applicants for the managerial post. 

Keith the main problem is the uncertainty hanging over the club , the board should lead from the front and put the speculation to bed ,  Arsene does get respect from the majority of fans and they don't want him sacked , but can he  change and adapt to take on the younger managers?   And i agree when he does leave a lot of managers would throw their hat into the ring .    

Listening to the game tonight on Talk Sport (I've given up with dodgy online streams, too may risky sites and weird pop-ups). Nightmare. Apparently, the Palace fans have started "ole'ing" Arsenal passes. Ouch!! The pressure mounts on the club, the players and the manager. By the sounds of it, the players have been awful tonight. It still annoys me that the commentary has been all about how awful Arsenal have been. No credit to Palace. They played well tonight by the sound of it. But apparently, Arsenal never "wanted it", never got off the bus, were not interested in playing tonight......etc. Rubbish. They blew it, yes, but lost to the better team on the night. Football is confidence based, as well as ability. Arsenal have no confidence at the moment. Remember, earlier this season, with this team of players, they had much better results. But the same players are now struggling.

Certainly a poor night for the club, but as professionals, they need to regroup and get on with it. They are paid enough, and should be able to take the bad with the good.

And by the way, here I am in a dark hour for the club, standing by my club. When your team loses, please pop on to let us know you care too.

Well some fans are happy with the way the club is run , so they must be right  Arsenal are building for the future , Sanchez will be heading for the hills , keep the back four and all the rest of the squad , keep doing what we are doing and everything will come up rosy , bloody words fail me , just can't believe how  bad  the team has  become  72% possession and no shots on target in the second half , even the fans were shell shocked  ..

Always a gooner , but i don't see the club through rose tinted glasses , as some do.

11 hours ago, somersetspur said:

WHAT A FANTASTIC MORNING.THE SON IS SHINNING.

DELE ALLI's 21st BIRTHDAY.

HARRY IS BACK FROM INJURY.

WHOOPS.

MIND THE GAP.

LETS ALL LAUGH AT THE GOONS.

COYS.

Perhaps you guys could start your own post now ? And leave us gooners to lick our wounds , to quote an estemed forum poster , all ways next season :wacko: