Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith B

Arsenal and Wenger.

1 hour ago, Mangle said:

Amazing really. Since Wenger has been in charge at Arsenal, Spurs have NEVER finished above Arsenal in the league. What a fantastic record that cannot be disputed against your bitterest rivals. Read it and weep Spurs boys. Ha ha ha.

recored are made to be broken! COYS!

As I say, read it and weep!!

Ok, SSS, let's look forward. However, enlighten me first if you would, what the forward ambitions are for Spurs for the remaining part of this season?

5 hours ago, Mangle said:

Amazing really. Since Wenger has been in charge at Arsenal, Spurs have NEVER finished above Arsenal in the league. What a fantastic record that cannot be disputed against your bitterest rivals. Read it and weep Spurs boys. Ha ha ha.

Now that's more like it mangle...a bit of banter - going backwards again though....lol

On 10/03/2017 at 00:49, stevieb said:

Older you are wrong I am afraid , it goes much deeper than the defeat by Bayern , I have gone into it  on lots of previous posts  , Theo admitted there has been problems behind the scenes , Fish and Chips coming out today and saying club in good hands with the board , various Arsenal sites  now coming round to the board is a major problem , sorry but the banter between us and spuds is insignificant now as Arsenals fans has more pressing matters with what is happening to their club , which has forgotten it is a football club but it has become a licence to print money for the owners , and not enough football minded people on the board , I am afraid it has become a soap opera  .

Us spuds have known it was a cash making cow for the board for years.

4th place was always going to be good enough - and still is the cash cow they want every year.

7 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Going backwards? How?

Again? When? What?

Here is going forwards.

Premier League
Standings

#
Team
GP
W
D
L
GF
GA
GD
PTS

13 hours ago, Mangle said:

As I say, read it and weep!!

Ok, SSS, let's look forward. However, enlighten me first if you would, what the forward ambitions are for Spurs for the remaining part of this season?

Dont like to look forward to much.

But when we beat Millwall,on and off the field.

We will get you in the semi final at our  home Wembley,and you will get your f££king ass kicked.

How's that for starters.COYS.

I thought it was a simple question, and following your own train of thought. Always an uphill struggle with you guys. So, reading through all the nonsense, an FA Cup Final appearance is what you would be satisfied with from here on in. What about the league?

Emirates great money maker ..........  Spuds new stadium. ...... Being built for the same reason ??????  Or no ?  , Arsenal board first priority make money ,  silent Satan has stated that it not about winning trophies  his American sports franchise don't win anything either , Ivan the terrible another bean counter , and Sir Fish and Chips a banker says it all really ,. They don't get it if as a club you are more successful you make more money through shirt sales , clothing sponsorship ect ect , you only have to look at utd  to see that , Barcelona and real are other clubs that consistently wins and are the top earners in world football  . Pains me to say it but spuds are looking good at present , Arsenal are looking for leaders on and off the pitch at the moment someone needs to grab it by the scruff of the neck and sort it out , before more damage is done to the club.

4 minutes ago, Mangle said:

I thought it was a simple question, and following your own train of thought. Always an uphill struggle with you guys. So, reading through all the nonsense, an FA Cup Final appearance is what you would be satisfied with from here on in. What about the league?

Mangle they want the FA cup , they need a trophy after nine years , funny the media never gets on their case for not winning just a love in for Ali and Kane ahhh but they are English ,. For Arsenal to have a good season at this point 3rd place and the cup would be great , always love the FA cup it still has some magic , this season it has thrown up Lincoln and how well they have done and credit to their club , just a step to far  yesterday . 

2 hours ago, Mangle said:

Cant you read.?

I told you,its F.A.Cup day,and I dont look to far forward.Get through today,then we move on to League duty.

Have a look at older's league table post,just about sums it up.

The future is Lilywhite.

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Emirates great money maker ..........  Spuds new stadium. ...... Being built for the same reason ??????  Or no ?  , Arsenal board first priority make money ,  silent Satan has stated that it not about winning trophies  his American sports franchise don't win anything either , Ivan the terrible another bean counter , and Sir Fish and Chips a banker says it all really ,. They don't get it if as a club you are more successful you make more money through shirt sales , clothing sponsorship ect ect , you only have to look at utd  to see that , Barcelona and real are other clubs that consistently wins and are the top earners in world football  . Pains me to say it but spuds are looking good at present , Arsenal are looking for leaders on and off the pitch at the moment someone needs to grab it by the scruff of the neck and sort it out , before more damage is done to the club.

Mangle they want the FA cup , they need a trophy after nine years , funny the media never gets on their case for not winning just a love in for Ali and Kane ahhh but they are English ,. For Arsenal to have a good season at this point 3rd place and the cup would be great , always love the FA cup it still has some magic , this season it has thrown up Lincoln and how well they have done and credit to their club , just a step to far  yesterday . 

Whats that I can smell.?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bu££shit.

Utter rubbish. You admit to not looking into the future, but end your posts with the Lillywhite nonsense. No need to enter into any more detail. Anyone can read between the lines.

Nope. Haven't got the ability to look into the future. At this stage, I would say that the favourites for the cup are Spurs and Chelsea. Arsenal are least favourites. But the matches don't always go to form. We have to wait until tomorrow for the draw. Hopefully Spurs will get the winner of Chelsea/ManU, leaving Arsenal v City (who are unreliable form).

20 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Nope. Haven't got the ability to look into the future. At this stage, I would say that the favourites for the cup are Spurs and Chelsea. Arsenal are least favourites. But the matches don't always go to form. We have to wait until tomorrow for the draw. Hopefully Spurs will get the winner of Chelsea/ManU, leaving Arsenal v City (who are unreliable form).

It don't matter to the mighty Spurs....we'll take anybody.

BUT.....unusually for me I'll go back into history.......assenhole always get the easiest draw....always home - against the easiest of  teams left in any competition.....which means you will get Chelsea.

50 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Both semis are at Wembley, so effectively, Spurs are going to be the only "home team".

Oh, and Arsenal beat Spurs on the way to winning the cup in 2014.

I know they're both at Wembley (!) your second home with all the cups you win surely (?)....so you keep reminding me...lol

AND....I just said  you get the easiest of teams, you didn't think I included Spurs in that - REALLY (!)

Its not even 3' o clock on a Saturday,and my fits of laughter have started again.

The Goon machine has hit a brick wall.

Ozil, AWOL.

Sanchez, substituted.

Cech,injured.

Can this shambles,finish in the top 6.

In Wenger we trust.

No answer to this poor run of form , we got what we deserved couldn't defend corners , two unchallenged headers ,. The old problems were there for all to see loads of possession , ball played either sideways or backwards ,slow on the build up  no leaders on or off the pitch , it all! Gone Pete Tong  for Arsenal at present  , will give a quote from older there is always next season . No Arsenal fan can surely try to justify  what is going on at the club .

Not going well that's for sure. Didn't see the game, but Arsenals "late season" rally had better start now as they are really struggling. I think for the first time that Wenger will be really considering his future at the club. I do believe it will be his decision. They won't sack him, but he may feel that a change is needed. I'd be happy either way, wherever they finish this season. I guess the players are low on confidence? Not a good time for Arsenal.

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

No Arsenal fan can surely try to justify  what is going on at the club .

Depends what you mean by justify? If you are going to go on about the owners and so on, you are wasting your time. Football is BUSINESS. You have to realise that. It is not run by fans! Of course, the owners will want the club to win things, but making money is the objective. You have to live with that. The things you are going on about, the things on the pitch, then ok, but this will be to do with player confidence, injury status, respect for the management, pride and so on. Some of it down to Wenger, lots of it down to players.

Pitch Mangle , off the pitch to a lesser extent but it all adds up i watched the game and to be honest when they scored the third i nearly switched the TV off , it was not good there are no leaders on or off the pitch be it Arsene , Kos , bouldy ,  you are just screaming for someone to say something , or  do something , but there is no response , yes players have to take responsibility but  it seems to be a case of Leicester  the players have either lost respect or can't respond to Arsenes  management , it is not looking good at present the worst run for twenty years , Arsene has said that he will announce his future soon , Thierry has even questioned some of the players and are they in the comfort zone .

I think the players are in their comfort zone. Sickens me. All millionaires. You say "leaders". But these are grown men, can they not step up when the going gets tough? Do they need their dad out there guiding them? Just look at Wenger, answers every time at every press conference. They're (the media) are all after his skin, but he stands up for himself and his club and his players every time, every game. How can they not respect that, same as the fans? You mention Leicester, where you allude to the fact that  the players are now grafting whereas they weren't for Ranieri. Is that the solution, sack the man responsible for assembling the team if they fall into their comfort zone, to get them playing at their full potential again? Crap isn't it. Get rid of the "high maintenance" players, such as Sanchez. I'm certain that he has a negative effect on some of the others. 

9 minutes ago, Mangle said:

I think the players are in their comfort zone. Sickens me. All millionaires. You say "leaders". But these are grown men, can they not step up when the going gets tough? Do they need their dad out there guiding them? Just look at Wenger, answers every time at every press conference. They're (the media) are all after his skin, but he stands up for himself and his club and his players every time, every game. How can they not respect that, same as the fans? You mention Leicester, where you allude to the fact that  the players are now grafting whereas they weren't for Ranieri. Is that the solution, sack the man responsible for assembling the team if they fall into their comfort zone, to get them playing at their full potential again? Crap isn't it. Get rid of the "high maintenance" players, such as Sanchez. I'm certain that he has a negative effect on some of the others. 

Sanchez up until his injury was by far Arsenals best player , WBA certainly did a number on him ox looks better in midfield central ,  and that was it really  , Thiery  said when he was at Arsenal there was always bust ups on the training ground , he has great respect for Arsene and the club that he had so many great seasons with ,  there are plenty of players in the comfort zone , yes they are grown men but would Adams , Viera and Frank McClintock allow them to go down with a wimper , no they wouldn't  , where are the Keowns , Simpsons defenders with bite and a bit of spite ?  Bouldy just sits there , Pat Rice would be shouting to players instructions ,  off the pitch when Arsenal were most successful David Dein was doing the selling of Arsenal as a club to players he had vision he brought Arsene to the club , what happens he gets dumped on by the board because he backed Usmanov not silent Satan who brings over Ivan the terrible to replace him from the background of the American soccer league .  Arsene doesn't shy away from questions by the media the bloody real culprit s hide behind him , it's a mess i am afraid  and i can only see the pressure building on him and the club , fans want answers but silent Satan sends out the old buffer Sir Fish and Chips to say the board is fully focused on the best for the club in other words more of the same for the fans and i mean fans who go to the Emirates and put money in the clubs coffers ,  not competitive for trophies but money making machine , surely there must be someone in the club to see things aren't right on the pitch ?   I think the board is in La La land .

The club is making money. If your business was making money, would it be ok to say you were in "la la land"? Not really. As I said before, you have to live with that. Get Wenger out, and bring in another manager, who will face the same issues. It may help give the players in their comfort zone a wake up call, but shame you have to dump the manager to do that. And, no guarantee what happens next.

All this rubbish about football is a buisness.

This was'nt mentioned when the Goons were qualifying every season for Champions League,or finishing above Spurs.

Now with even a top 6 finish being under serious threat,we have all the talk about Buisness,boards,owners ,making money.

Bottom line is on the  pitch,your demise have been predicted for a while by some.

Well that sort of thing is rather easy. When someone is at the top, saying that demise is around corner is basically going to come true at some point. Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and so on have tasted regular success and eventually gone backwards. Arsenal may well be in for a backwards step, tough for us supporters, and great for you lot to laugh at. I just hope they don't go too far and bounce back quickly.

The only reason why I go on about it being a business is because that is what it is. Money has ruined the game to a certain extent. But everyone keeps going on about Wenger, my point is that the board won't sack him, he is successful in a business sense. If a fan was running the club, he would have gone!

My point is Arsenal's board has always been a money making machine,after David Dein departed,and Wenger is all part of it.

I have told you enough times what was happening and how it would turn out,but because of your success of Champions League qualification,and finishing above the YIDS,it was ignored. LOL.

Well my friend ,weather it was easy or not to predict,its happening.

The YIDS are the only team in North London,and the only time Wenger will be able to motivate your shower will be for your big Cup Final at WHL.

The future is Lilywhite.COYS.

SSS some valid points , agree with Dein , board making money from Emirates ,  at present the way the team is i cant see it improving soon , city next another crunch game , dread to think about playing spuds  at present , can the manager , players motivate themselves ?   This season Spurs don't have to think about the gunners and can concentrate on their next game , Arsenal are now in a position were every game is a cup final  to try and get some points back on the board , Semi final coming up last week would have thought 50/50 against city but don't think so at present . The players bought in haven't really kicked on , Mustafi earlier in the season with Kos looked good but now they look like strangers , Perez can't even get on the pitch  Xhaka well he is the next challenge away from a red card , when Chelski paid less for Kante  . There seems to be an inevitable feeling around the team that when they go behind the games are lost , conceding lots of goals  , Sunday supplement seems to think Arsene will get a 12 months contract , because the board has no  plan B just like on the pitch at present , where will it all end?  in tears  i am afraid , something or someone needs to grab the Club by the scruff and sort it out soon , the soap opera that is Arsenal will continue .

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

SSS some valid points , agree with Dein , board making money from Emirates ,  at present the way the team is i cant see it improving soon , city next another crunch game , dread to think about playing spuds  at present , can the manager , players motivate themselves ?   This season Spurs don't have to think about the gunners and can concentrate on their next game , Arsenal are now in a position were every game is a cup final  to try and get some points back on the board , Semi final coming up last week would have thought 50/50 against city but don't think so at present . The players bought in haven't really kicked on , Mustafi earlier in the season with Kos looked good but now they look like strangers , Perez can't even get on the pitch  Xhaka well he is the next challenge away from a red card , when Chelski paid less for Kante  . There seems to be an inevitable feeling around the team that when they go behind the games are lost , conceding lots of goals  , Sunday supplement seems to think Arsene will get a 12 months contract , because the board has no  plan B just like on the pitch at present , where will it all end?  in tears  i am afraid , something or someone needs to grab the Club by the scruff and sort it out soon , the soap opera that is Arsenal will continue .

Sad days stevieb. Watching the Arsenal match v West Brom I noticed that the co commentator again linked Eddie Howe to the Gunners, saying he was one being considered to take over from Wenger. Is this journalistic conjecture ? Eddie Howe, whilst a good manager and loved by his players and management alike, is still new to the Premier League. Yes his track record thus far is good and his style of play is admired by many, also his squeaky clean image would attract most clubs, but, he's very new and inexperienced at the top level. 

No good thinking who will take over Arsenal as manager , as Arsene is still at the helm , shame that all the media and forum's are concentrating on what is going on behind the scenes including myself , and not for the football Arsenal was known for , you are correct Keith sad days for the fans , who will still be here when Arsene has decided his future and this non Football minded board has gone , this is the only constant in the future the fans , The Arsenal will go on but in what direction ?  

17 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

The Goons freefall continue.

Man Utd win at Boro.

Goons down to 6th.

Can't worry about other teams and what they do ,  but perhaps in the grand scheme of things the board might get a worry that not getting in champs league will hit them where it hurts in the wallet  next season , as that is their sum total of success , making and taking money from the punters .    

The side show yesterday of Bannergate  , on various Arsenal websites the banner in favour of Arsene was paid for by a source from Hong Kong with links to Sir Fish and Chips family , if true priceless  ,  two planes for and against , could only happen to Arsenal   pantomime season has come early , honestly you couldn't make it up .?

58 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Can't worry about other teams and what they do ,  but perhaps in the grand scheme of things the board might get a worry that not getting in champs league will hit them where it hurts in the wallet  next season , as that is their sum total of success , making and taking money from the punters .    

The side show yesterday of Bannergate  , on various Arsenal websites the banner in favour of Arsene was paid for by a source from Hong Kong with links to Sir Fish and Chips family , if true priceless  ,  two planes for and against , could only happen to Arsenal   pantomime season has come early , honestly you couldn't make it up .?

Spurs 2 Southampton 0. HT.

Just saying.