Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday Results 18/11

Oxford 2 Truro GWRSA 2

How the oxford did not win this game god only knows, dominated the game for the most part went 1 up from top scorer Dan Richards after a superd move down the left, Truro equalised from an own goal to make it 1-1 at half time we should have been 3 or 4 up by then but missed far too many chances, second half saw Truro come back into it a bit more but we still had chances to pull away but Truro never gave up and went 2-1 up after their only real spell of pressure with about 10 mins left after we failed to clear the ball, super sub Tristan Day salvaged a draw a couple of mins later with a well placed shot from the edge of the box, we still could have won it but man of the match James leeson saw his effort come back off the bar in the final minutes falling to Craig Barnard who's shot went narrowly wide

Crowntown 2 Tremough 7

Not all bad news for Crowntown - building a new side after losing 8 of last seasons regulars.

Last week 2-1 up against gwrsa at half time

This week 2-2, 5 mins into the second half.

Then it went a bit pear shaped. Not too bad. Lost a bit of confidence and lacked the fitness of the bloodystudents. Getting better every week.

Pleasant game with very good sporting approach from both sides. Tremough have a lot of skill and deserved the win but, maybe, not as comfortably as the scoreline suggests.

Guest Postie Pidge

DIVISION 1

Crowntown 2-7 Tremouth

Oxford Inn 2-2 Truro GWRSA

Threemilestone 6-1 Camborne Park

DIVISION 2

Booters 1-1 Mpad United

Gloweth United 5-0 Shortlanesend

Truro United 6-4 Star <corrected>

Don't know the score from the Halsetown game

I agree with steve and damo. We definately should have beaten Truro GWRSA and on another day could possibly have won quite comfortably. As it turned out, we were quite pleased with the draw, considering how late in the game we conceded the second. Hopefully now, the lads will realise the potential this team has and push on and start believing that we can compete in this league.

Looking forward to visiting Camborne Park on Sunday in the 2nd leg of cup.

Think the other game was delayed a while due to the fight at the end and i think we kicked off a bit earlier too.

Dont know how you think our equaliser was lucky maybe you were too busy watching the other game. I can only ever think of 1 team that has supplied half time drinks and that was Penzance Astro when we played them down at St Buryan last season (nice cup of tea!) don't remember getting anything when we played at yours last time?

And considering it was us who scored the last goal in the final minutes I think you will find it was us who played for the full 90 not you who seemed to think you had won it with your 2nd goal, if we had had our shooting boots on we should have had a hatfull well before then, but like you say it's about taking your chances and we did'nt, maybe if we had a full strength team out it would have been different

Think that injury may have gone to your head a little bit OLD CHAP, maybe you fell over that rather large bottle of Orange Juice that no doubt is still outside your changing rooms, is the pressure of a couple of poor results getting to you, losing to MPAD and only drawing with a team that you so easily beat earlier in the season, if you want to borrow a couple more of our players to go along side Richard I am sure our manager Paul will be more than happy to help you out in your time of need :clapper::yahoo::thumbsup:

In the first game you were the better team and deserved to win, something i clearly said in my report at the time, but even you have got to admit OLD CHAP that Callum alone should have had 4 or 5 goals on sunday plus we hit the bar at the end and then missed what was basically an open goal from the rebound

And your team was invited back to our place which funnily enough is THE OXFORD in Redruth and food was laid on as well

But chin up OLD CHAP and good luck for the rest of the season :drink:

Nice one :c: A man of ure stature having to make a doctors appointment, thought you would have one on call 24hrs

Yeah have to agree Shane is a quality player but you aint avin him, after the chances he missed Callum might be available though :clapper: . We've got a few injuries at the mo but like you i'm looking forward to getting back out there this week and givin em hell

8 points is nothing we can easily make that up if you, TMS, Falmouth Albion and Tremough all drop out :yahoo: but seriously its our first season in div 1 and its a definate step up from div 2 and if we finish in 5th it will be a good season for us and maybe a cup run if we can get past Camborne on Sunday should do being 4-1 up but on the day who knows, you've got a tough one against TMS but i'm sure Rich will come out of hiding for that one

Good luck :thumbsup: over and out

Just thought I would reply to a few of these comments flying around on this forum page.

Firstly, as manager of The Oxford I can say that 3-4 of the Truro GWRSA players WERE told that there was food available for BOTH teams at THE OXFORD pub (strangely!!!!!), after the match on sunday.

Secondly, as for half-time refreshments.......to my knowledge I think there has only been 4-5 occasions in TWO AND A HALF years of sunday football where we have been given drinks! Although this is stated on the team sheet and possibly in 'a rule book' somewhere, this seems to go un-noticed by 95% of teams. So to unfairly criticise The oxford for not supplying drinks is a bit unfair in my opinion. Also there is supposed to be a £10 fine for a team failing to comply with this.......we have never actually been officially asked about it!!!!!!

As for the game on Sunday (here comes the rant!!!!)..........over the 90 minutes (or 85 apparently), we, The Oxford deserved to win in my opinion. Agreeing with Guy, it is all about taking chances and had we taken the ones that we would have expected to have taken then we probably would have embarrased Truro GWRSA. But its all on the day and the records will forever show that the game finished 2-2. As for the excuses that Truro were missing players.....SO WERE WE!!!! Probably 3-4 players were missing for us that would have started that game had they been available (Rob Hosking, Rob Press, Steve Hick, Tom Rosenfeld). This is the beauty of Sunday league football. You turn up with whatever you got and get on with it. Trying to persuade players who are severely hung over to get their backsides out of bed is what makes managing a sunday league side unique!

Finally, can we please get back to enjoying the banter that websites like this offer, instead of using it to criticise other clubs and their actions. If anyone has problems with their opposition then surely this is better to be mentioned before, during or after the games in question rather than just using their keyboards when they got five minutes to kill before bed time!!

Good luck to all the teams for the rest of the season!

COME ON THE OXFORD!!!!!

Guest Postie Pidge

Secondly, as for half-time refreshments.......to my knowledge I think there has only been 4-5 occasions in TWO AND A HALF years of sunday football where we have been given drinks! Although this is stated on the team sheet and possibly in 'a rule book' somewhere, this seems to go un-noticed by 95% of teams. So to unfairly criticise The oxford for not supplying drinks is a bit unfair in my opinion. Also there is supposed to be a £10 fine for a team failing to comply with this.......we have never actually been officially asked about it!!!!!!

If this is the case, why not cross the box and state that no half time refreshments were offered?

. I can only ever think of 1 team that has supplied half time drinks and that was Penzance Astro when we played them down at St Buryan last season (nice cup of tea!)

Paul.

No team, including Oxford have EVER been to Crowntown and not got half time refreshments - almost always oranges. (In fact, I think Crowntown supplied oranges for the semi last season against Oxford at Hayle.)

I feel that your memory has let you down on that one. AND you've been asked why there were no refreshments the last two times that Crowntown played at Oxford.

Rarely do teams fail to supply something at half-time in my experience. You imply that it just isn't normal. (Well, it should be normal - basic courtsey)

All we are saying is that so far this season we have played Tremough (x2) No Drinks, Falmouth Albion No Drinks and Truro GWRSA an invisible bottle of Orange, so 4 away games and no drinks so to say it is common place is just wrong, yes I do seem to remember you providing us with some oranges when we have played you, but last season the only other team that I can remember providing anything at half time is Penzance Astro, so Paul was just saying that to single us out is out of order, personally I dont expect the other team to provide anything dont see the point every team brings ther own anyway

So please can we get back to having some positive posts, and leave any complaining to be done through the proper channels

I agree with steve, i wouldn't expect the other team to provide any half time refreshments. If you are the manager, you take whatever you think you'll need for a game. Water, oranges(if thats what your team wants) first aid, team sheet, etc etc. There is no point in providing stuff that the other team do not want and having to throw things away. I'm not knocking the oldasit gets reply- basic courtesy-, but i think if you get something it should be seen as a bonus. :c: