Cornwall Football Forum

Swansea City ROBBED

Mangle

What on earth happened today. That final minute at Man City. Not a foul. Simple, not a foul. OK, ref gives a foul (or ref's assistant does). Kick is taken about 15 to 20m from the position where the kick should have been taken. Wrong. Simply wrong. Ball was also rolling. Not allowed. Simple again, wrong! No wonder Swansea feel aggrieved. It is hard for the officials to get the difficult decisions right. So why not ensure that they get the simple decisions right. They let us all down today. Sad.

What the hell....I was not writing this from a club perspective. I suppose you have thought because it involved Man City, a competitor to Arsenal, that is why I raised this. Not at all. The teams do not really matter. I am merely pointing out that a couple of "simple" decisions for the officials to make were not made, and it resulted in a crucial goal being scored. Sad that you can't see that. This is nothing to do with Arsenal, Spurs, Wenger etc etc, it is to do with the mistakes made. Consistency in refereeing is crucial to our game, and at the top level, it is very difficult to see that consistency coming through (due to the intense scrutiny of TV pundits etc). So, at least the officials should be making the simple decisions correctly. This particular game shows an example of just how badly they failed. Shame you cannot see that.