Cornwall Football Forum

Yellow card punishment

The problem is these days you only have to commit a foul to be cautioned.   In any case how low will this go.  I think it is an excellent idea but what if you have a situation when three or four players are cautioned at the same time.  WHO IS GOING TO TIME KEEP. the sin bin.     

46 minutes ago, ECPL said:

The problem is these days you only have to commit a foul to be cautioned.   In any case how low will this go.  I think it is an excellent idea but what if you have a situation when three or four players are cautioned at the same time.  WHO IS GOING TO TIME KEEP. the sin bin.     

The 4th official higher up, at our level I'm sure the manager and supporters would soon let the referee know when the time was up.

You won't be able to keep track of the times for multiple sin-bins, unless you have a number of watches with different functions.

The FA will try not to adopt it because it will be less money in their pockets - are they going to charge a £10 administration fee as punishment, when the player (and team) has already been punished by being removed from the field of play for a period of time?

Better idea? Have a caution as a caution. If you commit an offence which is an easy caution, that remains the same as it is now. However, if the referee feels that an act by a player could warrant a caution but it would be harsh, or a player needs a chill-out period, pop out a blue card and get the player off for ten minutes with no action to follow (no caution administration charge). 

Interesting I agree time keeping may be a problem at lower levels but at least the yellow card will effect the team committing it in that match not at a later date. Hard enough for ref at present this makes it harder not practical to have 4 officials at matches and of course lower down you only have one. Will it lead to refs not giving yellows as it will be hard for them to manage

Good idea works for Rugby , but then again football didn't take up moving a free kick ten yards for dissent , was tried out a few years back when I was still! Playing but only lasted one season , stopped the backchat to the ref and as every team always had a mouthy player the rest of the team would give them two  barrells to stop the opposing side gaining an advantage .

• 2 weeks later...