Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defunct grounds (2)

On 23/03/2017 at 12:07, Willow Tree said:

Any information on any of the ex West Penwith clubs Kelynack, Nancledra or Richmond?

Richmond,i think,played on a pitch at Penzance Cricket Club.Either that or at the school nearby.

Must have been difficult to fins a level pitch at Kelynack or Nancledra.

1 hour ago, Rocket Ronnie said:

Back in 2001 ish, ladock played at newquay sports centre.  What about Tredrea?  Played on holiday park up the road opposite the pub.

Tredrea? When and where?

Around 2001/2/3ish.  Tredrea inn porthcothan.  If u go up the road opposite the pub, theres a holoday park on the right.  They palyed there and moved into st merryn i think aswell.  At crossroads turn left just past the farmers arms, pitch down on the right aswell i think?

St Ives Dodgems had a ground at Splattenridden. Was on that road the other day but hard to pinpoint where it could have been

59 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

St Ives Dodgems had a ground at Splattenridden. Was on that road the other day but hard to pinpoint where it could have been

I think the entrance to the field was on the left hand side going towards Halsetown alongside a bungalow.Just before a farmers merchants.

Thanks SF I think I have found it.

Shirehorse withdrew from the West Penwith League at the end of the 1992/93 season after they lost their ground

Some Duchy League teams from the last 20 years. Any information on where they played?

Barley

Berties - Newquay Sports Centre?

Bodmin Athletic - Dragon?

Bodmin Pool Club - Dragon?

Bodmin Saints - Dragon?

Charlestown Saints - St Mewan Park?

Chillaton

Dynamo St Dennis

Four Lords

Garrison Club

Harlyn

Ladock

Launceston United - College?

Mount Charles - Par Running Track?

Nanstallon

Porthia - St Breward?

Saltash Churches - Warfelton?

St Austell Athletic

St Blazey United - Par Running Track?

St Giles

St Lawrences (1997/98)

Tideford - Tideford Cross

Dynamo St Dennis played at Boscawen Park, Willow, or at least they were about 10 years ago. Charlestown were at St Mewan Park. Mount Charles had their own pitch - there's a picture of it here but I can't remember where it was! 

Mount Charles v Altarnun, Duchy League Division 4

When we played agianst Mount Charles, it was always at Penrice School. Had a couple of good tight games against them before they folded.

Also played against Berties at Newquay Treviglas School in an August evening game with the longest grass you have ever seen on a pitch. School groundsman was probably on holiday.  Drew 4-4 as I remember.

5 hours ago, rougvie said:

Dynamo St Dennis played at Boscawen Park, Willow, or at least they were about 10 years ago. Charlestown were at St Mewan Park. Mount Charles had their own pitch - there's a picture of it here but I can't remember where it was! 

Mount Charles v Altarnun, Duchy League Division 4

Why do I get the feeling that Luxulyan is linked?

To be added over the weekend: Splattenridden, Colan, Defiance Field (Torpoint), Cubert, Crantock

St columb major used to have two pitches. The one they use now and the defunct weldhens field, which is now an industrial estate where the st austell brewery main office/depot is 

On 25/03/2017 at 19:28, Rocket Ronnie said:

Around 2001/2/3ish.  Tredrea inn porthcothan.  If u go up the road opposite the pub, theres a holoday park on the right.  They palyed there and moved into st merryn i think aswell.  At crossroads turn left just past the farmers arms, pitch down on the right aswell i think?

They changed there name to harlyn after. Remember playing against them. I remember when they were tredrea and they played on a pitch in little petherick, at old McDonald's farm as well 

On 4/6/2017 at 19:55, Willow Tree said:

Some Duchy League teams from the last 20 years. Any information on where they played?

I think most of this is right:

Bodmin Saints - Dragon Centre

Chillaton - Changed their name to Lamerton, played at Cardwell Farm

Dynamo St Dennis - When they first started played against them at Newquay Sports Centre

Garrison Club - Changed their name to AFC Bodmin - Play at Dragon Centre

Mount Charles - Initially Luxulyan Pitch (farmers field!) then Penrice school

Nanstallon - Played at Lower Boscarne near Washaway, sure they changed name to Bugle Orient for some reason and moved early 2000s

Porthia - St Breward maybe, they played a few times at St.Kew Highway, using Wadebridges changing facilities first

On 07/02/2017 at 22:33, Willow Tree said:

Website updates with photos of: Flushing (Trefusis Point), Fowey United (Squires Field), Gerrans (Treloan Lane), Gulval (St Clare), Luxulyan (Tregarick Farm), Menheniot (Pass Road), Mylor (Waterings Road), Pelynt (Jubilee Hill), Praze (Trethewa), Roskear Field, St Columb Minor (Recreation Ground), Trevenson United (Boundervean Lane)

Pelynt also played at Tremaine and there was a ground in Polruan too

On 07/02/2017 at 09:47, Guest said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147470153@N04/albums

Unfortunately not all the photos are of football grounds, merely what is there now. I would like to add more so any suggestions or better still, pictures would be useful. Also any old CCFA directories/information could also be utilised.

Defunct ground photos and Google Earth photos include:

Antony (Antony Field)

Barripper (Botetoe Road)

Camborne (Park Road)

Camelford (Tregoodwell)

Carharrack (United Road)

Carnon Downs (Tregye Road)

Cury (Jubilee Field)

Exiles (Minack Theatre)

Falmouth Docks (Docks Sports Ground)

Falmouth Docks (Leggo Park)

Falmouth Town (Ashfield)

Four Lanes (Loscombe Road)

Goonhilly (Earth Station)

Gulval (Badger's Cross)

Gweek (Recreation Ground)

Halsetown (Halsetown Inn)

Hayle (Ellis Park)

J & F Pool (Horsepool Road, Connor Downs)

Leedstown Playing Field

Long Rock (Rydal Field)

Marazion Blues (Rosudgeon Playing Field)

Mawgan United (Recreation Ground)

Newmoor Rovers (Kessell Park)

Penryn Athletic (The Glebe)

Plymouth City (Pennycross)

Railway Tavern (Carn Brea)

Redruth (Raymond Road)

Roche (Victoria Road)

South Hill (Golberdon)

St Erth [name unknown]

Stithians (Old Churchyard)

Threemilestone (Polstain Road)

Pendeen Rovers former pitch is on the opposite side of the road ( right hand side when going down Lighthouse Road), behind the garages.

Great little thread this. Interesting to hear all the old teams as well :c::smiley20: