Cornwall Football Forum

COSTS FOR OFFICIALS

I HAVE JUST BEEN LOOKING AT THE DETAILS FOR TRUROS GAME AGAINST OXFORD AND WAS CURIOUS TO KNOW HOW MUCH THE OFFICIALS GET PAID AND WHAT TRAVELLING EXPENSES THEY GE. THE REFEREE WAS FROM LONDON ONE ASSISTANT WAS FROM WILTSHIRE AND THE OTHER FROM WEST YORKSHIRE.. . THIS MUST TAKE A BIG CHUNK OUT OF THE GATE RECEIPTS OR DO TRURO GET SUBSIDISED DUE TO THEIR GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION ?

15 minutes ago, panda said:

I HAVE JUST BEEN LOOKING AT THE DETAILS FOR TRUROS GAME AGAINST OXFORD AND WAS CURIOUS TO KNOW HOW MUCH THE OFFICIALS GET PAID AND WHAT TRAVELLING EXPENSES THEY GE. THE REFEREE WAS FROM LONDON ONE ASSISTANT WAS FROM WILTSHIRE AND THE OTHER FROM WEST YORKSHIRE.. . THIS MUST TAKE A BIG CHUNK OUT OF THE GATE RECEIPTS OR DO TRURO GET SUBSIDISED DUE TO THEIR GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION ?

£500, is the rumour.

On 10/01/2017 at 18:05, panda said:

Do some of the officials (thinking more the West Yorkshire referee) officiate games at Truro when they are down here on holiday though?

£500 does not seem far off the mark. Fees come to £132 which leaves expenses of roughly £350 which is 1000 miles travelling.Yorkshire and back about 700 miles and London and back 500 miles with the other assistant picked up en route. An expensive game of football!!

18 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Would need a very big crowd to pay for that

Maybe by welcoming people instead of alienating themselves from the community and they would get a very big crowd. Truro had stewards a few years ago but they got shat on, and there was all that with Kevin Heaney not paying local firms. Better PR and a better approach and their aims could be reached.

1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

Maybe by welcoming people instead of alienating themselves from the community and they would get a very big crowd. Truro had stewards a few years ago but they got shat on, and there was all that with Kevin Heaney not paying local firms. Better PR and a better approach and their aims could be reached.

No it can't, football league in Cornwall will never happen.

You need a bigger wallet than the previous, and present owners have or had.

Will never attract consistent crowds large enough to fund the dream.

I would watch my clubs 3rd team before even thinking of watching  TCFC play anyone, and would have more interest in watching teams that we play against before going there.

11 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

No it can't, football league in Cornwall will never happen.

You need a bigger wallet than the previous, and present owners have or had.

Will never attract consistent crowds large enough to fund the dream.

I would watch my clubs 3rd team before even thinking of watching  TCFC play anyone, and would have more interest in watching teams that we play against before going there.

I have to agree with you Older. I enjoy watching proper grass roots football at places like Madron and Tregony, no disrespect to either than go to Treyew Road but fans who prefer the seats and covered stands and refreshments and toilets that aren't hedges might consider going to Truro. The only time I've seen them in recent seasons was the free admission against Hemel Hempstead last season. I would have watched another but it was postponed an hour or so before kick off. I wouldn't normally pay those sorts of prices.