Cornwall Football Forum

Andy Morris RIP

Dave Deacon

Shocking news. Started with Falmouth Town when he was 15 and progressed to the all conquering St Blazey team before returning to Falmouth. Also played for Newquay and the County Youth team and had trials with several league clubs. An excellent striker who scored wherever he played.

5 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Shocking news. Started with Falmouth Town when he was 15 and progressed to the all conquering St Blazey team before returning to Falmouth. Also played for Newquay and the County Youth team and had trials with several league clubs. An excellent striker who scored wherever he played.

Made his debut as a 15 year old for Falmouth at Lux Park 14-05-98 coming on as substitute in a 3-1 win-It was noted that he was younger than his shirt No.17.

two spells at Falmouth  1998-00 & 2002-04 ....32 GoaLS/62 Appearances

I have a feeling Andy represented the R.A.F. at some level

Shocked and saddened.

Andy was a real star when playing for the County Youth side.

Part of the squad that won the South West County Youth Championship at Bickland Park in the spring of 1999.  Defeating Gwent U18's by a single goal.

Playing his club football for Falmouth, so on his home ground alongside team mates of Bryn Wheeler, 'Spike' White, Steve Winnan and Wayne Brown.

RIP Andy.

Such sad news. Remember when we won the league in 99/00 season a few of us older forwards were injured a lot of it and Bally brought in a couple of young fresh teenage strikers Andy and Bryn and they were fantastic! No one even noticed we were missing!!! Lovely lads as well and banged in the goals!! Andy was as big a talent at 16 as I've ever seen in Cornwall throughout the years. Gave Paul and the family many proud moments I'm sure. RIP mate ⚽

Good evening all, I am Andrew's uncle, and may I thank you on behalf of the family for your kind words on here. They are a great comfort at this most difficult of times. 

Andrew did play rep football for the RAF, as was mentioned above. I used to love watching Andrew play when he was playing for the Cornwall youth team and they would go up country, or once when Falmouth played Tilbury in the F.A. vase. 

Once again thanks for the kind words you have all said & offers of help.

Didn't know the fella as such, but watched him play a few times, natural goal scorer at its finest, not seen better locally in 50 years of watching football locally.

Very sorry for the fella to pass away at a young age, condolences to Paul and his family who I know very well ...sad times, but remember the good ones to make it a bit easier buddy.

So sad to hear this news the other day. I was at that Tilbury game and he was by far the best player on the pitch. I agree, he was the best young footballer ive ever seen in cornwall in 20+ years of playing and watching. Its easy to understand why the words Legend, Genius and Talented are being used to describe him. One of the friendliest people I knew. He was definately someone who I looked up to growing up and I know many others did aswell. Played with his brother Chris at penryn another top guy. Huge condolences to the family. 

Andy Morris - Legend.