Cornwall Football Forum

South West Counties - Group 'A' U18 Fixture.

David Bray

This coming Tuesday ( 10th ) Devon Under 18's play Somerset Under 18's at Coach Road.

Cornwall really need Devon to win this one following our 1-0 defeat in Somerset back in October.

A win for Somerset means they would only need a point against Gloucestershire to secure the Group title and on to a play off final against the winners of Group 'B'. 

So on this rare occasion us Cornish will be supporting our local rivals. 

Mind you the weather forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday is for rain, so a postponement could be on the cards, Devon County 'twitter feed' will keep us up to date.

On 08/01/2017 at 16:41, David Bray said:

This coming Tuesday ( 10th ) Devon Under 18's play Somerset Under 18's at Coach Road.

Cornwall really need Devon to win this one following our 1-0 defeat in Somerset back in October.

A win for Somerset means they would only need a point against Gloucestershire to secure the Group title and on to a play off final against the winners of Group 'B'. 

So on this rare occasion us Cornish will be supporting our local rivals. 

Mind you the weather forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday is for rain, so a postponement could be on the cards, Devon County 'twitter feed' will keep us up to date.

Game ON according to Devon FA .

David - got be honest I think that the Somerset v Gloucestershire game is the more likely to provide a result for Cornwall. I know we beat Gloucestershire 7-0 but for a good section of that game they showed some good players and skill set. Devon on the other hand were, I thought, very poor. Somerset are also beatable - we just couldn't take any of the multiple chances we created in the second half  

Will take a win by either Devon or Gloucestershire though :)