Cornwall Football Forum

COMBO RESULTS Saturday 17th.November

Guest Peppermint

We can all reduce the Forum to the gutter Doomer17 and make stupid remarks like you have done. I could state something about if you were a better keeper Penzance might win some games! But what is the point of that - all I was stating that just because Helston lose one game some people think that the title is Truro City's. Obviously they are favourites but with all the money splashed about they would be.

The Forum is a place for discussion and opinions but has Winno stated not a place for downright rudeness and personal abuse.

.Having watched most of the top sides this season I can assure everyone that points WILL be dropped by ALL of them before the season ends .

I laugh at the Truro will buy the League rubbish .............if people actually looked at them they have at least 5 players under 18 in the team every week who don`t get a penny !!

They are trying to make them better players by giving them experience in Senior football ......is that not the correct way to go .

We all know Harry , Luds and Cainy get a wage packet every month..... but do 3 players win a league ??

How many at Helston get money ......regardless of the small amounts .........does that make them the best players in the league ?????

Port can beat anybody and lose to some lowly sides ........same at Perranwell , they could and probably should of beaten Truro last Saturday.

The League will be won by the most consistent team over a season ....not by the team that pays the most money :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Peppermint

Can't really argue with most of the points raised Zebedee although I would hazard a guess that the money paid out at City is a lot more than Helston. I know the league does not necessarily go the team paying the most money but it certainly helps! Look at City's first team squad and the money that costs - and that is not a criticism of Truro before someone gets touchy. If they have the finance then good luck to them.

My posting was in reply to some people thinking the title race was virtually over because Helston lost one game. Glad you are laughing Zebedee.

dont let it get you down winno when your at the top everyone wants a pop at you take it as a complimant mate that people are so worried about your side .

from what i hear truro play a differant eleven evry week like you said come january when its raining and there playing somewhere shite then see how they get on.

the combo has alwats been a league where anyone can beat anyone long long way to go yet

Why r sum people saying the league is over? Fair enough truro prob have the best side on paper but from what i have seen this year the top6 at the min truro,helston,porthleven,perranwell,st agnes and holmans will all take points off each other and you can never make account for injuries that could happen,I still think truro and helston r well placed 2 battle 4 the title but the other 4 teams will have a big say and poss overtake topspot who knows!

HA HA. A long long time ago before the season started someone posted a thread as to where teams would finish in the combo.

I foolishly posted my prediction for the whole combo and got slagged off rotten by some posters.

phats you have put your teams down. This is what I posted back in July/August as my top 6 finishers (printed it off at the time so no wind-up). Current positions are in brackets

1. Truro City Reserves (1)

2. Penryn Athletic Reserves (7)

3. St Agnes (4)

4. Helston Athletic (3)

5. Perranwell (5)

6. Holmans (6)

Porthleven Reserves who are currently 2nd I had down to finish 14th-oops, but the rest...?

How close will I be I wonder. Penryn have been a bit dissapointing losing when they shouldn't but the rest are close. So you doubters you might have to eat your words yet.

.Having watched most of the top sides this season I can assure everyone that points WILL be dropped by ALL of them before the season ends .

I laugh at the Truro will buy the League rubbish .............if people actually looked at them they have at least 5 players under 18 in the team every week who don`t get a penny !!

They are trying to make them better players by giving them experience in Senior football ......is that not the correct way to go .

We all know Harry , Luds and Cainy get a wage packet every month..... but do 3 players win a league ??

How many at Helston get money ......regardless of the small amounts .........does that make them the best players in the league ?????

Port can beat anybody and lose to some lowly sides ........same at Perranwell , they could and probably should of beaten Truro last Saturday.

The League will be won by the most consistent team over a season ....not by the team that pays the most money :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

well some talking abit of sence on here,all you that say about the money have no idea what they are being paid,most of of you lot thing of a number and then double it,jonny is on contract so gets paid who ever he plays for,the 1st team can only play 11 players on the park,and like zebedee said 3 players dont make a team .

im not trying to pee anybody off i just think truro will walk away with it, and i bet 90% of people do aswell, im entitled to an opinion, winno i am a **** and always will be, but thats why people love the bushmeister.

i would like to see helston win it because i have a mate who plays for helston, but i dont think they will,

kind regards the bush

lets all do the samba

Guest Doomer17

We can all reduce the Forum to the gutter Doomer17 and make stupid remarks like you have done. I could state something about if you were a better keeper Penzance might win some games! But what is the point of that - all I was stating that just because Helston lose one game some people think that the title is Truro City's. Obviously they are favourites but with all the money splashed about they would be.

The Forum is a place for discussion and opinions but has Winno stated not a place for downright rudeness and personal abuse.

Nice one, well rehearsed :clapper:.

The only person that reduced anything to a gutter was you, trying to claim i made comments thats i actually didn't..If you read it properly at the time, which you obviously didn't and still probably havent, there would have been no need for your pathetic reply in the first place, as i didn't say anything of the sort.

I said before and i'll say a final time, i'm glad its not one horse race, and i wish Helston the best of luck, im sure they can and will push City to the end. All i said is that i agreed with bushy, only on the fact that i believed Helston would drop points making the gap increase, nothing else. I shouldn't and won't explain myself.

If you were that concerned about what i wrote, why could you not of asked what i meant by my post (where you would of then realised it wasn't at all what you thought it was) rather than starting this whole issue?

Rather than writing tripe, a little suggestion: Read what people type PROPERLY before commenting, allow people opinions (and in fact mine were in no way against Helston, completely FOR helston) And look a little closer to home before claiming people are reducing this forum to a gutter, considering you are actually the one appearing to be doing that!

yeh i agree just seems to me you cant voice an opinion without upsetting anyone,

nobody said title race is over, just that truro will win it, shoot me for saying that.

dont take it to heart helston boys, seconds good just not good enough, never mind.

all the best from the bushmeister

lets all do the samba

HA HA. A long long time ago before the season started someone posted a thread as to where teams would finish in the combo.

I foolishly posted my prediction for the whole combo and got slagged off rotten by some posters.

phats you have put your teams down. This is what I posted back in July/August as my top 6 finishers (printed it off at the time so no wind-up). Current positions are in brackets

1. Truro City Reserves (1)

2. Penryn Athletic Reserves (7)

3. St Agnes (4)

4. Helston Athletic (3)

5. Perranwell (5)

6. Holmans (6)

Porthleven Reserves who are currently 2nd I had down to finish 14th-oops, but the rest...?

How close will I be I wonder. Penryn have been a bit dissapointing losing when they shouldn't but the rest are close. So you doubters you might have to eat your words yet.

nothing more unatractive,than a man that blows his own trumpet,and it aint xmas yet,never mind,when you look in the mirror you think your mr wonderful,haaa :yahoo:

Guest Peppermint

Not worth any more comments Doomer17 - have to agree to disagree. No hard feelings.

Good luck for the rest of the season - incidentally if you were the keeper for Penzance Reserves at Mount Wise then someone at the game said you looked a good keeper.

God jesus!!

whatever happened to the word 'banter'? so what if someone thinks Helston will fade away, thats his opinion, maybe to generate a bit of banter. I tell you what, this site would become boring, if everyone loved everyone else, crikey, imagine if we were all for Truro City? they'd be nothing left to talk about!

Teams should be able to take a bit of criticism from others, if they can't then they don't deserve to be anywhere in the league at the end of the season.

All take a chill pill!!

And for the mention, I'm with Bushy, I think Truro will win the league, I think they'll have it won with at least 3 games left!

Winno, I take it you were talking about me when you said , one of your players went over the top, which to a certain extent I did. We had a magical team talk from kimmo, who had told us before the game that you had been in his shop stating you were going to stuff us! This may or may not have been true however it fired me up and I was going to do all I could to get a victory. It was a hard physical game with lots of banter between 2 teams. However when the final whistle went All the players shook hands and enjoyed a drink in the bar. You points are right that you did deserve to get something out of the game and our keeper was superb. Yet i have recieved numerous calls from team mates and other players saying that you have made threats against me saying "Your time will come" Being busy as a secondary school teacher and a father of 2 ,I didnt even relise this site existed. Reading your comments I felt I had to put my point accross. I play to win as you saw I am not the most skillful of players , however I play every game as if it was my last, I am fully commited to St agnes and Martin is a superb man manager he knows exactly how to get the best out of every player. I have been brought in to add a bit of bite to an excellent football side. I wish you and helston all the best for the season and hope you finnish above Truro in the league. once again I apologise if my actions upset anyone and hope we look forward to the next game and enjoy a pint afterwards.

mrs p I was not showing off!

I was trying to turn the debate away from a slanging match between posters I know. I can't stand people slagging each other off to the detriment of the combo which I believe to be the best league in Cornwall. Not for the skill of players but for the touchline banter, friendliness of clubhouse's, how you can rib the players, etc.

I wanted to alter the debate back to who would win the league, be 2nd, etc and away from the bile.

Mind you I do know a bit about the combo, its history, etc! Click on the link below and have a look at the following website. Make a comment in the guestbook.

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com

Did I mention any names no u must have a guilty concience!!!! I did not say anything about stuffing aggie so thats total rubbish as you would know if you have actually ever won anything in football you don't get very far by gobbing off saying your going to stuff them! But good management skills from Kimmo as I said the same to my lot. As for threats I dont make them. I have said on here someones time will come in one way or another that can mean anything you take it whichever way you like. If I got something to say I will say it to your face as I did Saturday. I hope none of your school pupils were there watching on Saturday though!!!HAHAHAHA.

Not getting into anything on here if you got a problem send me a pm. I have stated good luck to Aggie and well done to them if people wanna wind you up then let them carry on!!!!!!

Martyn and I would like this to cease now please. As Winno says Helston probably deserved to get something out of the game but thats the way it goes sometimes. Dressing room chats by both Martyn and Winno are designed to get the best out of their teams! Martyn and Winno are mates outside of football and will always remain so. Lee Hazeldine has joined the club to do a job which he his doing and is valuable member of the squad as is every other player in the Aggie team. Martyn says "Please can we just rise above this and move on!"

Exactly mandy my dear like Isaid in my reply I didnt mention any names at all. If there is a problem send a pm not make urself look silly by airing it on here???????????????

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I dont think truro will win the league cup holmans took them all the way in the first round and providing the replay aint a midweek game (which i hear truro r asking 4) i think holmans could turn them over and if they do they could well have a good run in the cup.

I dont think truro will win the league cup holmans took them all the way in the first round and providing the replay aint a midweek game (which i hear truro r asking 4) i think holmans could turn them over and if they do they could well have a good run in the cup.

only because they had a 15 yr old boy who didnt have a clue about the offside rule,and disallowed three perfectly good goals,cant play against that :o :o

Doomer,

If that was you in goal for Penzance at Newquay last Saturday, there was a great sequence of pics taken by our local journo - Phil Bunt. See :-

http://www.cornwall-photos.com/cat/2992/ne...#slideshowlinks

pics 13 -20 show Luke Wheldon hit a sweet one into the top corner only for you to turn it around the post. You get some pain off the post for your efforts too ! (19 & 20 !). Its like a modern day flip book !

According to your loyal supproter Cornishteddyboy - you had nothing to do in the game. I thought you were excellent actually and made 2 or 3 top saves second half - although we did put a few gilt edged chances wide also.

You looked revamped with a copy of nasties in the middle who could play abit too ! A better display than we played at your place a few weeks ago with half your first team starting !

Keep going. Its a long season and the points will come. I know. Ive been there ! Just keep going and enjoy the defeats as long as the effort is put in !

Guest Doomer17

Hey Jollyman!

Thanks for the link.. good photos! He hit that shot real sweet, the fact he had so much time to pick his spot was annoying though!! Oh that last pic.. Im not squaring up to him, were actually shaking hands because the whistle went! If im honest (which i always try to be) i didn't have the best of games. Im awaiting a scan on a bad injury which is effecting certain areas of my game, but im doing my best! Newquay were good for the win, doing real well at the moment well done. Cheers mate, we'll keep going and fighting, trying to get out of this unfortunate situation!

only because they had a 15 yr old boy who didnt have a clue about the offside rule,and disallowed three perfectly good goals,cant play against that :o:o

The referee disallows goals not the assistant, the assistant can only indicate to the ref that he/she thinks that a player is offside :D :drink:

Winno and Mandy are right, lets stop going on about this, i should have sent Winno a personal message but, using this site for the first time I didnt know how to, (Thats right i am not an I.C.T teacher either.)

The issue is between me and winno we are never going to be best of friends , but I respect him for what he has done for in Cornish football. I also manage the East Cornwall u14 and 15 sides which have been extremley successful. One thing is for sure this sight is addictive i hope this brings an end to the debate.

Arlen please can you check my spelling please! Not my strongest point being a P.E teacher.

Good luck everyone for the weekend, anyone not got a game the big match is not Truro v Probus, Its aggie v Falmouth 2nds.

FAIR PLAY LEE ON THOSE COMMENTS

I OFFER YOU A COMPUTER HAND SHAKE. I DONT BEAR GRUDGES I SAY IT AS IT IS AND AT THE TIME. NO PROBLEM. PERHAPS A PINT WHEN WE MEET NEXT!!!!!!!

DARREN YOU ALWAYS GODDA STICK UR MEGA SHONK IN U WERENT THERE SO YOUR COMMENTS I WILL IGNORE.

I WILL NOT BE ON THIS SITE MUCH MORE APART FROM PERHAPS MATCH COMMENTS AS SILLY PEOPLE RUBBISH IT...........

Winno, I thought you liked Banter, thats what you used to have at the bottom of your profile thing!!!

I've not stuck my oar in anywhere, I didn't say I was at the game did I? I highlighted what was said in Lee's post and your original one!!

Get a humour mate!!! you're going to take a hell of a lot more stick along your managerial way!! Best of luck in it though, I hope you push Truro all the way!

I was at the truro holmans cup game mrs p and from what i can remember there was only 1 dissallowed goal and a missed pen? also holmans hit the post with about a min 2 go so could of been a diffrent story,2 evenly matched teams i thought? And as 4 the lino as anita says he can tell the ref what he saw but at the end of the day the ref had the final say.I think credit 2 the 15yr old boy 4 becoming a lino/ref its comments like yours that will push him away from the game,we all need linos and refs!

I was at the truro holmans cup game mrs p and from what i can remember there was only 1 dissallowed goal and a missed pen? also holmans hit the post with about a min 2 go so could of been a diffrent story,2 evenly matched teams i thought? And as 4 the lino as anita says he can tell the ref what he saw but at the end of the day the ref had the final say.I think credit 2 the 15yr old boy 4 becoming a lino/ref its comments like yours that will push him away from the game,we all need linos and refs!

15 0R 60 ,IF YOU DONT KNOW THE RULES,WHATS WRONG WITH HAVING AN OPINION,Truro had 3 goals chalked off,and hit the woodwork 3 times and missed a pen,well thats 7 chances,and we all know the ones in the combo league that blattently cheat,and as i said the boy didnt cheat he just didnt have a clue ^_^

I think its very unfair to call any lineo at any level a cheat. :angry2: They may make mistakes, not have a clue or just be c**p, but to call them cheats is well out of order. Its hard to be a lineo as it is without people calling them cheats. It really gets my back up, i just wish like most supporters i could stand there in the stand with my nice warm coat on and a nice warm drink and know everytime a players offside or not (would make being a lineo so much easier) and if i get bored or the game ain't going my way i can pop into the club house for something a little stronger, and still see every offside. Teams are not gonna get lineos for the future if the young up and coming ones are not given the chance to learn, if he did make a mistake so what, how many mistakes do the players make. If the young lads willing to do it his got more balls then alot of people. :D rant over :drink:

Winno, Hazel never said you mentioned any names!!!

Lee merely said, " take it you were talking about me" so he assumed you were!!! cos you weren't talking about Gillsy!! but then, making threats such as "his time will come", is only going to give people a boost in the future!!!

Banter!!!

DONT DO BANTER DARREN ON HERE ANYMORE BECAUSE ALL PEOPLE DO IS TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY AND IT GETS SILLY.

WILL ONLY USE THIS SITE FOR INFO AND REPORTS FROM NOW ON!!!!!!!

I AM STARTING AFTER A WHILE TO GROW UP IT'S NOT FUN NO MOR

:drink::thumbsup: E

i just wish like most supporters i could stand there in the stand with my nice warm coat on and a nice warm drink

Anita I don't think I've ever seen you with a 'nice warm drink' unless the WKD has been left out of the fridge :P