Cornwall Football Forum

Truro's only home January match!

38 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

More loan signing's,then.With no real money coming into the Club this month.

Yes. no money coming in to the club because so called supporters don't bother to come to home games! Whether they are loan signings or permanent does not matter, we need to strengthen the squad. The aim is to move clear of the relegation zone and build for next season. Dave, you have obviously won the bet, but we will wait till the end of the season to see how we finish.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Sorry Russell, I'd like to go and watch more often, but with doing the CORNISH SOCCER Mag, it means I like to cover the whole of the county. Seen Truro three times, competitively, this season, once away and twice at home with three defeats. Perhaps with that record it's best I do stay away! :(

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

What, in your opinion Russell, can be done to attract more people to home games?

There is no atmosphere at home games. At away games TISA create a buzz and we need that at home games. There is also no real facilities for supporters in terms of a club shop or a place to generate interest. I agree the prices are too high and I have said to Pete Masters that 200 people at £13 is worse than 300 at £10, the more supporters the better the atmosphere. It would also help if the uncertainty over the timing of Silver Bow could be resolved but I understand that this issue is still ongoing. I am certain Silver Bow will happen, but the delay puts doubts in peoples minds and makes people believe Truro has no future. Whatever happens I will still go to games and support the team.

So Russell,you have come out of hiding,and that is very honourable,but you dont suggest anything new,really.

The bet does look safe.

Not all TISA members attend home matches,correct.But not all TISA members attend away games,either.So the attendence/atmosphere is not all down to TISA.

Put cover on the stand at the County Hall end like there used to be,then you may create the old atmosphere at the ground like a couple of season's ago.

Pete Masters was warned about that when he decided to dismantle it.

Prices are to high.I get into most away games because the concession age is 60,at half the price I would be charged at TCFC,because concession age is 65.

My opinion on Silver Bow is different,there are far to many political heavyweights involved,and I dont think SilverBow will be built.

So the big question  Russell Keeble, is, are you and the rest of the OSC , prepared to stand by and see Truro City moved out of Cornwall.?

I will also support the team as I have done for over 40 years,despite the Club going to hell in a handcart.

I dont go to Treyew Rd.I dont go and drink in Bunters,and I dont use A2B cabs,just my own little personnal protest.

Money has dried up, and was always going too.

Takes bucks to run at that level, and TCFC have none now the subsidies are gone.

All went pear shaped when the real supporters were demonised.

What was the last away game warning......you will be singled out and searched....or something like that....any wonder people don't go there (!)

Way to expensive as well.....people won't pay it.

Builders in Silverbow....counting the house plots maybe (?)