Cornwall Football Forum

MOUSEHOLE AFC STATEMENT REGARDING MANAGERIAL CHANGES

As A supporter of both clubs I would like to say well done to Mousehole for their original statement at the beginning of this thread praising Wayne for his contribution.I also think that Penzance would,not be involved in anything underhanded.Looking at the fixture list they have 5 of their next 6 games against teams in the bottom 6 so with 2 games in hand they have  all to play for and relegation is still in their own hands .With Bryn and Mark V coming in I,m sure with their contacts a player from a club here and there would help more than what is being suggested on here.

Correct me if im wrong but didn't a band of mercenaries do this a few years ago in Penzance. Lots of new mercenaries in on big money won a few things and once the coppers had run dry the mercenaries went on their way to for their next payday........leaving a club in tatters.......losing a second team in the process. Which has now reformed in Div 5 Trelawny. Seems a bit like what is happening at Mousehole.....coppers run dry.........team left in tatters..........Now a few familiar faces are going back into Penzance for a pay day........oh no wait there all these mercenaries play for the love of game and wouldn't take a penny from someone willing to give it to them.........at least D**k Turpin wore a mask.    

Del Boy might need correcting on one small part of his post:  he implies that Mousehole pay the players, but their club statement at the start of this thread says the players play for no money whatsoever.  Also one of the players who's leaving says the club has a 'zero team budget'.

35 minutes ago, Anne Teake said:

Del Boy might need correcting on one small part of his post:  he implies that Mousehole pay the players, but their club statement at the start of this thread says the players play for no money whatsoever.  Also one of the players who's leaving says the club has a 'zero team budget'.

AT - I can believe what you have said, as I am aware of several Mousehole players, last season and this season have been offered very decent 'expenses' to play elsewhere, but played at Mousehole because they wanted to. All of Mouseholes players have showed real loyalty to the club over recent seasons, it's just a shame that some have decided to move on - and there can be no doubt that those leaving are now going to be paid (well) - whether the two are linked it a matter for the players and their respective new clubs - just one warning though, rumours have it that Penzances benefactor may not have a long term commitment to the football club and other clubs where players go for the money, go downhill very rapidly once the money goes - look at St Blazey / Newquay and Falmouth up until recently.

Anne Teake..........if you believe that no-one was ever paid at Mousehole and certain players have gone into Penzance "to save them" then who am I to tell you other wise. Certain people do play for the love of the game but there are others who like to play for money(or expenses if it makes you all sleep easier). I don't belive that players at Mousehole were not getting paid (my opinion), the club might not pay them direct but i'm sure some private sponsors were involved (again my opinion). "Zero team budget"...........ha ha ha. It will all come out in the wash one day. Unfortunately it will never change "money talks" and buys loyalty for a season or two. I'm sure in the not to distant future there will be another post about a manager taking all his players to another club and left another team up the creek without a paddle.......its a merry-go-round. I just hope that Mousehole don't go the same way Penzance did and lose there second team as that would be crying shame for local football.       

3 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Anne Teake..........if you believe that no-one was ever paid at Mousehole and certain players have gone into Penzance "to save them" then who am I to tell you other wise. Certain people do play for the love of the game but there are others who like to play for money(or expenses if it makes you all sleep easier). I don't belive that players at Mousehole were not getting paid (my opinion), the club might not pay them direct but i'm sure some private sponsors were involved (again my opinion). "Zero team budget"...........ha ha ha. It will all come out in the wash one day. Unfortunately it will never change "money talks" and buys loyalty for a season or two. I'm sure in the not to distant future there will be another post about a manager taking all his players to another club and left another team up the creek without a paddle.......its a merry-go-round. I just hope that Mousehole don't go the same way Penzance did and lose there second team as that would be crying shame for local football.       

OUCH (!)

Such a shame for Mousehole. They seemed to be doing things the right way and were very proud of their achievements - as they should be - and were keen to promote the fact that they are one of the few clubs at this level not to have a playing budget. 

They squad seemed extremely close knit going by the video shared previously, some of their social media feeds and witnessing it myself. 

All decent lads too. They did wonders for not only football in the village, but for the whole village community, so it will have a knock on effect across the whole community. I know they worked with he school their and had other ventures too. I do hope that they continue to build their club on and off the field. 

Mr Quinn's next moves will be interesting, I would not be surprised to see him in and around Truro...

As for the others, with Ron Vercasi and Mark going to Penzance as non playing and playing staff I can see their fortunes changing. Two top blokes and legends of the game in my opinion. 

Wade Brown and another lad played against our seconds on for Pendeen on the 31st Dec. They may see out the season there and help them get back to Combination football (although I hope not). 

I have a feeling Ludgvan may sniff around a few of the more 'local' boys to strengthen their combination campaign, but that is just me gossiping. 

Best of luck to Mousehole in the future though, certainly from the outside in they look to be a club doing things the correct way. 

On 11/01/2017 at 18:33, Del Boy said:

Dell boy I can tell you now that not one player from the first team at Mousehole got paid you can believe what you like but that's a fact it's just a shame that the boys decided to leave at this time of the season and the other comment about pulling our seconds out of the league will never happen and also i hope pz stays in the league. 

Money makes the world go round , and players and managers will chase the £ notes always been around and will until clubs realise it can't be sustainable , even teams throw money at it that don't even own their own grounds ,  trouble is if the money is offered some players will take it ,  so who is wrong the club or the player ?   I can understand travelling can cost and these costs may need to be covered . 

37 minutes ago, andy howes said:

Dell boy I can tell you now that not one player from the first team at Mousehole got paid you can believe what you like but that's a fact it's just a shame that the boys decided to leave at this time of the season and the other comment about pulling our seconds out of the league will never happen and also i hope pz stays in the league. 

Andy if it is not about money  ?  What is the problem when the club is still in with a good chance of winning trophies ?  Shame for the supporters .

18 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Money makes the world go round , and players and managers will chase the £ notes always been around and will until clubs realise it can't be sustainable , even teams throw money at it that don't even own their own grounds ,  trouble is if the money is offered some players will take it ,  so who is wrong the club or the player ?   I can understand travelling can cost and these costs may need to be covered . 

Andy if it is not about money  ?  What is the problem when the club is still in with a good chance of winning trophies ?  Shame for the supporters .

Why do you think Pz will pay these guys money when they are only top 5/6 in the league? Not like getting top players in the league in their prime? There are a couple in Mousehole who are good & worth a punt on but the majority the league standings say are average at best? 

1 minute ago, leedsunited said:

Why do you think Pz will pay these guys money when they are only top 5/6 in the league? Not like getting top players in the league in their prime? There are a couple in Mousehole who are good & worth a punt on but the majority the league standings say are average at best? 

Generalised comment about money in local football  not aimed at  Penzance or Mousehole players  , I have no affiliation with either club    , sorry didn't make that clear in my post .  

just a quick note about Mr M V about his so called soft spot for his new club, the soft spot obviously comes and goes remembering the last time he played for the club with a former band of merry men under Mr Mewton ,came in and took the cash destroyed the structure of the club and it`s local playing side and left the minute the money ran out . The piece he has written on facebook and in the press has guilt written all over it .All the local football people that know MV are all saying the same thing no one doubts the boys ability on the pitch but as for loyalty and soft spot that has to be questioned. Get ready for it PZ  Good luck to all the boys there at the moment which will no doubt be surplus to requirements in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, Swiss said:

just a quick note about Mr M V about his so called soft spot for his new club, the soft spot obviously comes and goes remembering the last time he played for the club with a former band of merry men under Mr Mewton ,came in and took the cash destroyed the structure of the club and it`s local playing side and left the minute the money ran out . The piece he has written on facebook and in the press has guilt written all over it .All the local football people that know MV are all saying the same thing no one doubts the boys ability on the pitch but as for loyalty and soft spot that has to be questioned. Get ready for it PZ  Good luck to all the boys there at the moment which will no doubt be surplus to requirements in a few weeks.

I thought it was a nice post very genuine. Just dont understand whats changed in less than a month. Sure he scored a hatrick vs penzance on boxing day !! Lol

Massive good luck to pz.. the club should be in the league above not fighting for survival in the west. 

Also good luck to spb and mousehole in the senior cup tommorow. 

5 hours ago, Swiss said:

Most genuine thing I have read in this thread. The club obviously has a short memory of the last encounter they had together.

I do agree with S Abbo that PZ should be in the Premier league, when I played junior and senior football in Penwith. PZ were the biggest team in Penwith and had some great seasons in the South Western League. For whatever reasons the club went in the wrong direction and opened the doors to Mewton and his mercenaries, getting rid of the majority of the local lads and bringing in a lot of players from outside the Penwith area. Had a couple of years of success and the money dried up off they went. 

On 12 January 2017 at 21:35, stevieb said:

On that note I don't really know Steve no fallouts or anything all I can say that maybe the players who's left the club truly wants Penzance to stay up and good luck to them .

On 15/01/2017 at 15:01, skinner said:

HOOPER MANAGER IN WEST PENINSULAR LEAGUE TOOK NEWQUAY UP WITH FLY BE MONEY SOON AS MONEY STOPED BY BY 

The Fly Be money wasn't as much as people think! Hooper left Newquay because players were asking for more money than they deserved for the commitment they were prepared to give. Hooper felt that he couldn't get back what he was putting in. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Heard yesterday Wayne Quinn has signed for Penzance, along with a chap named Brown I think also from Mousehole. Why have Mousehole waived the 7 days for so many players??Congratulations to Mousehole also on their FA Grant success on a different thread ( bet a few wish they had stuck around!)

Two every 28 days isn't it?  Liam Andrew and mark vercesi and now quinn and brown??  above tho I recollect someone saying that quinn definitely wouldn't be going to penzance!!! what's odds next season he's on the management team there?  fair play to the lads who've stayed loyal to Mousehole ones who've stepped up from reserves and to Steve Parker Billinge for taking the reigns in difficult circumstances!

Leeds - you'd have to get a response from someone closer to Penzance for an accurate answer. My point in this is that Mousehole look a team / club who are growing, getting their finances and future sorted and, unlike many clubs have great harmony between all players - firsts and reserves. Yes loosing players of the quality they have will obviously set them back - but only short term. Penzance are struggling and have left it to the 12th hour to do anything about it - having only recently got a point off Bude and with Wadebridge and Bude again coming next - with games running out they will soon be out of time, with potentially 2 teams going down they are 11 points off safety.

Look at St Blazey - last season they completed the great escape by bring in a new manager / players and a lot of money......... this season, money / manager and players gone and club facing relegation again - just seems to mirror Penzance. Perhaps some players should look at the bigger picture rather than ( allegedly ) chasing short term pay packets and maybe even a bit of loyalty.