Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith B

Launceston Ladies Football Club.

Launceston Ladies have had to withdraw from the South West Ladies Football League - Western Div, due to a lack of players. Sad days indeed. 

Is Ladies football not getting the support and advertising asistance/ promotion it should ?

This is sad to hear.

Im not very knowledgeable on women's football so I can't really comment about the support/assistance that they receive. It would be nice if their game was to grow though, as it has at international level. That starts with an interest though :/ 

On 12/30/2016 at 10:17, Guest said:

This is sad to hear.

Im not very knowledgeable on women's football so I can't really comment about the support/assistance that they receive. It would be nice if their game was to grow though, as it has at international level. That starts with an interest though :/ 

Thank you for your thoughts Guest. I'm wondering - no one else has commented on this post - does this reflect perhaps disinterest or apathy on the part of members of the forum, or football fans generally, in Ladies football ? !

Very sad day indeed.

Ive been reffing this League since 2002 and have always been welcomed at Pennygillam and have officiated a few Finals there too.

It has always been an uphill struggle for Clubs to stay afloat. We once had 3 divisions in Cornwall ............

Who's fault is it ?? All of us, I'm afraid. Supporters, Clubs, Players, Officials, Leagues, Associations, Sponsors ..............

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I've introduced a "Womens' Football Player Profile" in my CORNISH SOCCER Mag Keith, but have to say the response has been fairly low key!

Well done Dave. Low key response - Mmm it's sad given that the players involved who are very keen, need encouragement and support. The FA and CCFA should be encouraged to up their input, especially money wise perhaps.

No input or response from Lady players / coaches ?

6 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Why didn't they advertise for players?

Hi Willow Tree, its a bit of a waste of time I'm afraid, men or women it seems the same. I tried for Camelford 2nd team last season and didn't have one reply

On 1/4/2017 at 18:04, karaoke said:

Hi Willow Tree, its a bit of a waste of time I'm afraid, men or women it seems the same. I tried for Camelford 2nd team last season and didn't have one reply

It's surprising that there has been no comment from any of the ladies players or coaches on this matter. Disappointing !

Full Time site hasn't yet been updated but St Teath v Mullion is also off

6 hours ago, Keith B said:

Was that for lack of players Willow ?

Usually yes. Last season St Breward played few away games for that reason. Mullion travelled to St Teath last season, although that game was played at Tintagel. Quite often teams can play home games but struggle at away games.