Cornwall Football Forum

Keri-Ann Moxom Twitter Rant Sanction

The FA are clamping down massively on comments made on social media; since October alone I know of two people that have made comments on the Trelawny League Facebook page who have been charged by the FA for their comments.

Whilst everyone is free to voice their opinion, we must be aware that those opinions can and will be seen by many, many people. Just because someone hasn't registered to this forum, like your page on Facebook or follow you on twitter doesn't mean that they can't and won't see it.

Personally, I am glad that these guys and girls are being disciplined for their words and actions. Most of the time, they are unwarranted and can really affect the people that they are aimed at.

It was also a point that was made by many at the Respect & Behaviour meetings: Deal with conduct on social media.

And such language from a Lay-dee! In the good old days I remember Sally Rogers collecting our side's first ever booking - for ungentlemanly conduct. That was in the 70s. She, nor any other female footballer I encountered back then, objected to that wording. They used to shout "man on" to warn a team mate without any embarrassment. Then, of course, the PC brigade took over leading, I believe, to a change in the wording of that "ungentlemanly conduct" rule!