Cornwall Football Forum

Movement at City!

TRURO City announced today that they have cancelled the contract of player-coach, Rory Fallon, by mutual consent. I have to say it was a surprise that they signed him in the first place! The club has done the usual courtesy thing by thanking him for his contribution,but I'm not too sure many supporters will feel the same.

Also leaving today was defender, Durrell Berry. Not fit and so presumably no point keeping him.

In addition to this news, the club hopes "to have news of new arrivals soon."

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

TRURO City announced today that they have cancelled the contract of player-coach, Rory Fallon, by mutual consent. I have to say it was a surprise that they signed him in the first place! The club has done the usual courtesy thing by thanking him for his contribution,but I'm not too sure many supporters will feel the same.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

46 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

His playing record over the past few seasons was none too impressive! ?

Sorry I must have missed your criticism of the signing at the time Dave. Wasn't he coaching as well as playing? I presume he got the other New Zealanders to sign. Is anyone else now helping out with the coaching?

It was good getting someone of Rory's experience in to a club like Truro City. But let's be honest, he offered absolutely nothing whilst he was here. Respect for him coming here, but to be honest he won't be missed, not on the playing side anyway. I believe Chris Todd is helping out a fair bit with the coaching.

42 minutes ago, Football7 said:

Who's the new player Dan Smith who's been brought in? Released by Weymouth and signed by City ? Can't work that one out 

Dan Smith,is a ex Truro player and has returned to the Club.

Dan plays wide ,on the left side of midfield,has a bit of pace,and is a decent addition.

Goalkeeper,Tom McHale has gone in the opposite direction,for a 2 month loan period.

18 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Dan Smith,is a ex Truro player and has returned to the Club.

Dan plays wide ,on the left side of midfield,has a bit of pace,and is a decent addition.

Goalkeeper,Tom McHale has gone in the opposite direction,for a 2 month loan period.

Fair play to the lad, i hope he does well! I'm surprised we've sent Tom out though

1 hour ago, Football7 said:

Fair play to the lad, i hope he does well! I'm surprised we've sent Tom out though

Yes,people are not happy with the Tom McHale situation.

At the start of the season,the Club brought in Adriano Basso.He took over as No1,Tom fought off his challenge and got his

place back into the team,and was doing very well.

The Club/Manager decided to bring Martin Rice back,and he was alway's going to be 1st choice,so now Tom has been shipped out to Weymouth

for some match time.

You have got to hand it to Tom McHale,for his loyalty to the Club despite the treatment he has recieved.

When I watched the home game against FGR I thought Martin rice made some good saves but I never seen him come out to catch crosses that most keepers would there didn't seem to be much confidence at the back in my opinion 

If you have a keeper that will take control of his box catch/punch high balls it instills confidence and takes pressure off the defence I'm not knocking him at all as he is/was a professional keeper 

1 hour ago, cat weasel said:

When I watched the home game against FGR I thought Martin rice made some good saves but I never seen him come out to catch crosses that most keepers would there didn't seem to be much confidence at the back in my opinion 

If you have a keeper that will take control of his box catch/punch high balls it instills confidence and takes pressure off the defence I'm not knocking him at all as he is/was a professional keeper 

"Was" being the operative word! it appears that management think that just because a player has been a pro he is better than what we had, Gosport were not sad to see him go and made comments very similar to yours cat weasel. Are any of our defenders better than Shane White, except Pughie for his aerial prescence? and what about Rory Fallon, ex-pro and international but the least effective striker I can ever remember at Truro? Players like Tom should be our future otherwise what chance do we have? He has been treated appallingly. We are skating on very thin ice having only one recognised goalie.

Must admit,some decisions by Club/management about players,have left a lot to be desired,compared to last season.

Tully made some great additions to the squad,and had depth and quality.

This season has been a right old series of comings and goings,probably all down to the budget,being cut,and is probably the reason for inconsistant form of the team.

18 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

What's wrong with what the likes of Bodmin, St Austell and Camelford etc have got?

They may have it at present, but they may not have always had it in the past and they may not always have it in the future. All clubs have periods of turmoil, just look at Plymouth a few seasons ago! Torquay and Exeter have also had turbulent times. Won't be long before the wheel turns full circle and things settle down at Truro. Merry Xmas :Santa:

This is probably the kiss of death to Tom McHale's future prospects as my predictions have so frequently proved to be wide of the mark - but I do think that in 5 to 10 years his name will be known to many football fans on the national scene: I can see him getting right to the top, following in Nigel Martyn's footsteps.

3 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

This is probably the kiss of death to Tom McHale's future prospects as my predictions have so frequently proved to be wide of the mark - but I do think that in 5 to 10 years his name will be known to many football fans on the national scene: I can see him getting right to the top, following in Nigel Martyn's footsteps.

Surely then if you can see it why can't professional coaches why play an EX professional over an up and coming star of the future

That will go down as a Truro City myth.

I did see a throw in where he threw the ball to another City player.

Does the clip mean Truro City would have 11 heroes if they played in Scotland?

One plus factor for Tom McHale, he is more likely to be seen playing for Weymouth than so far west at Truro, some people still think of Weymouth as being a big team in non league circles. He may have to wait six years to make the Tottenham Hotspur team following the LLORIS contract extension to 2022. Look ahead young man and do well.

17 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

I agree with this comment. The fact that the lad is continuously being mentioned just shows the talent that everyone can see. It'll be a matter of time before non-league is a distant memory for that boy. As for Rory Fallon being released, that's the best news I've heard in a while. Useless addition, he was lucky that his career was as long as it was because the fact of the matter is, he was and still is shockingly bad.

Thomas McHale born 8th September 1995 (Age 21)

I think he still lives in Torpoint

This is a cv Tom prepared during his early training days. As you can see

quite a lot of input, that's why I have been beating the Tom McHale drum.

FOOTBALL PLAYER PROFILE CV

HOME - ADD CV - FACEBOOK

Thomas McHale
Your County : Cornwall
Your Nationality : British
Best Position : Goalkeeper
Current Club : N/A
Previous Clubs : Plymouth Argyle under19 development squad
Which Club you want a trials for : League 2 League 1 Continental
Country you live : England
Write about your football history : Have played at a good level for the past 2 years, although I was in a Torquay development centre from the age of 14. Did not get offered trials at any football clubs during the times they were offering scholarships. When joining the Plymouth argyle development team it was offered to train with the youth team and did so for two years and took part in pre season training with youth and first team for the 2013/2014 season. I gained a lot of experience playing in per season games against Clevedon, Truro, Bideford and Reading. I also played in the youth alliance league for the under 18s as well. Gained a lot of experience training with professional goalkeepers and have took what I have learnt on board. I have played in competitions such as the Mediterranean International Cup in Spain and Umea Football Tournament in Sweden. I have also played against clubs such as Sunderland, Newcastle, Darlington, Hartlepool, Cardiff and Birmingham. Won the Under 19s PLFL British Colleges league winning 15 games drawing 2 and losing 1. Also went for a squad trial game at Sunderland and also a goalkeeper training session at the age of 16. All of these experiences have improved me as a goalkeeper and a person.
Write about your Playing Ability : I am a 6ft 3 goalkeeper with a good strong build. I am very comfortable playing with both my feet and my hands and love the chance to play the sweeper role as a goalkeeper when we go attacking as a squad, I'm very good with communication and my team will always hear me giving instruction to help them through the game and stamp my authority. I'm comfortable kicking from my hands and the floor and also distribution such as throwing is a must in my game. 
Why should an Academy Director give you a trial : I know I have the attitude to become a professional footballer. I have wanted it for as long as I can remember. Pics take criticism as a positive and allow it to help me improve as a player. I will always ask questions on how I can improve and want to be the best goalkeeper I can be and will do anything to make it happen. I will always give 100% in training and matches and even off the pitch I am focused on my game. I keel myself healthy and I always look for a chance of a trial and a chance to get me to the top level.to

I think even Somersetspur will give me credit in having faith in the lad, that's why I encouraged him via the forums to tweak his cv and send it off to all those who may enhance his career.

• 1 month later...