Cornwall Football Forum

Massive game for Cornwall Youth.

Tomorrow lunch time - 12 noon.

Cornwall U18's take on Lancashire U18's at Blaise Park.

The Cornwall side is well documented in the local press and our own County WebSite. 

However if you want a run down on the Lancs side this can be found on their County Web.

Travelling down in what looks like a pretty flash bus.

Cornwall u18 win 5-2 to secure a place in the quarter final on the National County Youth Cup, which looks like it will be at home on either 14 or 21 Jan 2017 against Sussex, who it appears beat Essex 2-1 with a winning goal in 94th minute.

Today Cornwall totally dominated the first half and outplayed Lancs in most areas of the pitch, securing a 3 goal advantage. Second half saw Lancs getting much stronger and somewhat against the run of play Cornwall scored a 4th - however Lancs quickly got one back and a second, bringing it to 4-2. Cornwall came back into the game with a slide rule pass and clinical finish to make it 5-2 and put an end to Lncs resistance. It looked more like Cornwall did just enough to maintain their deserved 3 goal advantage. Matti Buchan scored 4 and Joe Adkins the 5th.

The Cornwall squad looked impressive today - defence were outstanding - keeper Luke was confident, Charlie and Max in the middle were solid as a rock and James / Ed in control out wide,  up front Mattie and Joe were a constant danger and worked well as a pairing. Wide players Olli and Josh P took their opponent apart (Josh P coming off injured did take away from Cornwalls cutting edge). Only slight issue was the central partnerships of Cam / Jack and subsequently Tyler - never quite worked and I don't know if a couple of injuries being carried or players not quite playing in their normal positions, but Lancs did have a slight edge in the centre of the park for sections of the game - this was shored up bringing Ed into the middle and Josh O dropping into right back, to see out the last 15 minutes. It's only a very slight concern, but this Cornwall squad is very good and could do really well.

Well done to Glynn and his staff and come their next fixture, I would urge football supporters to come along and watch - you will see better and more skill on display than in most SWPL fixtures. Also, probably one of the bigger attendances for St Blazey this season, and they were great hosts.

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

I would urge football supporters to come along and watch

How refreshing it was when there was that tremendous block tackle between the two number 12s - Tyler Oliver for Cornwall and Alex Richardson for Lancashire. Both were determined to win the tackle, both tackled at the same time, there was an enormous thud as the two hit against either side of the ball an the crowd held their breath! The players went spinning away in their own directions, but got on and continued playing with no feigning an injury like we might have seen elsewhere! 

Next tie at the Quarter Final Stage.

Home to Sussex -  who Cornwall have met three times before.

Unfortunately i don't have the exact playing records of the earlier fixtures to hand , so memory has to play a part ( and at my age that's worrying.). 

In season 1992 / 1993 at Truro City FC. 

Cornwall 0  Sussex 2.

In season 1997 / 1998 at Lancing FC.

Sussex 1  Cornwall 3.

In season 2014 / 2015. At Priory Park.

Cornwall 2 Sussex 2, (  game went to Extra Time, Sussex scoring twice without reply. ).

Cornwall Goalscorers Aiden Killen & Callum McGhee.

Anyone out there who played for Cornwall in any of those two fixtures and want's to add anything extra, the floor is yours !!!

Wonderful performance from the boys today, Four goals in the same match from one player, don't recall that happening before.:smiley20:

I only watched the first hour but I thought Cornwall dominated the game and were far better than Lancashire in virtually every department. It was good to see former Probus players Josh Penrose, Ed Harrison and Joe Adkins start for Cornwall with Alfie Flack on the bench. Josh Penrose was outstanding until he had to go off injured, when he was fouled for the penalty, which made it 3-0.

Glynn has got a talented bunch of players who deserved the win and played some excellent football. 

Quarter Final Ties.

Cornwall                            v      Sussex

Cheshire                           v      Oxfordshire or Nottinghamshire   ( postponed today - new date to be arranged.)

Leicestershire & Rutland  v     Durham

Middlesex                         v    North Riding.

17 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

St.Blazey v Plymouth Argyle Reserves now postponed on 21st.Jan.2017

I assume that's only a guess Mike - it would be ridiculous if Blazey can postpone because their pitch is ibeing used - yet Camelford cannot postpone their league fixture when 5 of their starting players are playing for the County!?!

• 1 month later...