Cornwall Football Forum

Good to hear

7 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Better than no club at all I suppose. After the next home game why don't you ask if you can have a chat with Martin Rice. I'm sure he'll discuss his views with you.

No, no, TCFC are way too far up the football social ladder for me, wouldn't want to embarrass anybody with a few home truths.

7 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

No, no, TCFC are way too far up the football social ladder for me, wouldn't want to embarrass anybody with a few home truths.

You mean your actually on the football social ladder!!! I don't believe it Victor!! As for 'Home Truths', it's just your opinion.

7 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

You mean your actually on the football social ladder!!! I don't believe it Victor!! As for 'Home Truths', it's just your opinion.

Those 'Home Truths' appear to be the opinion of the MAJORITY - A year ago today someone mentioned on Facebook that we live in hope, so what's changed? We are still living in hope. Here's looking forward to a Happier New Year.

Goldeneye should remember that what he posts is his opinion that in his mind he has to be forever right, what is so wrong with Theolderigetthebetteriwas having an opinion that in the future has him proved right proving Goldeneye finds it even more difficult to survive in cuckoo land.

14 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Those 'Home Truths' appear to be the opinion of the MAJORITY - A year ago today someone mentioned on Facebook that we live in hope, so what's changed? We are still living in hope. Here's looking forward to a Happier New Year.

Goldeneye should remember that what he posts is his opinion that in his mind he has to be forever right, what is so wrong with Theolderigetthebetteriwas having an opinion that in the future has him proved right proving Goldeneye finds it even more difficult to survive in cuckoo land.

I see somersetspur likes the above, are there any suggestions about whose "Nest" Truro City Football Club  will be using next season, cuckoo's are known to be the bird lifes 'Nomads'.

The TISA NOMADS appear to be ahead of the game.

8 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Do you really believe that Goldeneye? - Too serious - I don't think so.

Perhaps we may know how serious things may be in 12 months time.

Ivor ,you cannot tell these poeple anything,they believe what  certain people tell them.They are blinkered and tell us to keep quiet and see what happens.

When it goes tits up,they will disappear,and blame TISA for stirring trouble all the time.

Been here before.

1 hour ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Do you really believe that Goldeneye? - Too serious - I don't think so.

Perhaps we may know how serious things may be in 12 months time.

That we will Mountaineer, but I've always been a glass half-full person and not a doom and gloom person. So cheer up, you may be sitting in a new stadium next year and I will be the first to buy you and Somersetspur a drink. As Monty Python said 'always look on the bright side of life'.

27 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

That we will Mountaineer, but I've always been a glass half-full person and not a doom and gloom person. So cheer up, you may be sitting in a new stadium next year and I will be the first to buy you and Somersetspur a drink. As Monty Python said 'always look on the bright side of life'.

The world is flat - and where's my pint (?)

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

The world is flat - and where's my pint (?)

Although you are the friend he likes to banter with, you may have to put up with being thirsty :drink:

Does Goldeneye really see me as a Doom and Gloom merchant? that  is a strange description for being cautious, I may at times be cynical about business but that has been bred into me through employments that have seen me cross swords with many dodgy characters whilst being involved with all three aspects of business sometimes representing management, then addressing things from the employees side or sliding down the middle alongside Trade Unionists helping to settle disputes smoothing troubled waters ............. I have come through all that and can assure you I always attempt to look on the bright side of life.

On Saturday I am off to (Fuerteventura) and will be back a day early to attend the East Thurrock United game a week later, between games in the new year I will be away in January (Tenerife),February (Gran Canaria) and March (Germany) other trips are at their planning stage for next June(France) and September(Malta), these trips follow visits already undertaken to Italy (Venis) and Slovenia (Ljubljana) during the October and Portugal (Algarve) in November just gone  not bad for an eighty year old who travels alone, hardly the actions of someone who bypasses the brighter side of things prepared to sit around in Gods waiting room.

Must admit aided by taking a fair share of pain killers.:yahoo: and occasional pints of ale.

We're all Doomed :D

19 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Although you are the friend he likes to banter with, you may have to put up with being thirsty :drink:

Does Goldeneye really see me as a Doom and Gloom merchant? that  is a strange description for being cautious, I may at times be cynical about business but that has been bred into me through employments that have seen me cross swords with many dodgy characters whilst being involved with all three aspects of business sometimes representing management, then addressing things from the employees side or sliding down the middle alongside Trade Unionists helping to settle disputes smoothing troubled waters ............. I have come through all that and can assure you I always attempt to look on the bright side of life.

On Saturday I am off to (Fuerteventura) and will be back a day early to attend the East Thurrock United game a week later, between games in the new year I will be away in January (Tenerife),February (Gran Canaria) and March (Germany) other trips are at their planning stage for next June(France) and September(Malta), these trips follow visits already undertaken to Italy (Venis) and Slovenia (Ljubljana) during the October and Portugal (Algarve) in November just gone  not bad for an eighty year old who travels alone, hardly the actions of someone who bypasses the brighter side of things prepared to sit around in Gods waiting room.

Must admit aided by taking a fair share of pain killers.:yahoo: and occasional pints of ale.

We're all Doomed :D

A working life not unlike mine buddy....still working, or playing at it these days, no need to work...just gives me something to do for a couple of hours a day.

Actually retired at 50 and did the holidays, cruises, nothing thing....too boring for me that....so a bit of work messing around thing now.

Hold my hand up to you buddy with all that you do, not for me at this time, but maybe one day in the future....bit of a home bird in truth.

Anyway - you enjoy your travels, and football, all power to your elbow - and long may it continue.

Happy days to you mate - regards Older.:drink: