Cornwall Football Forum

New Signing

22 minutes ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

That's good news, also whilst going to Truro hospital  went passed Silver Bow the boulders were being removed by digggers 

Yes, an encouraging sign perhaps, but on the Official Site Forum the Chairman has said not to get too carried away because they were only testing, and a "further update" will be released shortly - we wait with anticipation and hope lol !

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Plenty of time yet for Tom to learn and develope.

He will hardly develop at Truro City sitting on the bench playing second fiddle to someone else knowing he is already good enough to command the number one keepers position.

Tom Mchale's cv is on the Internet read it and you will see he has already had more training in his chosen position than most keepers of his age in English football, the lad must think of himself and say goodbye Truro City and look after his own future that could lead to a lucrative full time career, he needs to be at a BIG club now, not held back by those who don't value his worth.

I would hate to see him go but in football you have to grab your opportunities and keep knocking on others doors, a competitive business where time is short. Look at Isaac Vassell and how he is progressing at Luton, their manager referred to him as an animal this week, we didn't see that at Truro. Nigel Martin made it so can Tom Mchale. 

6 hours ago, somersetspur said:
6 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Not a shock to me.

Lee was not going to sign Ricey,and put him on the bench.

Decision is made.Ricey is No 1.

We move on.

That young lad has so much potential and it's being wasted by dropping him! He's at Riceys level already and surpassing him and he's been sat on the bench for most of it! If you've actually watched the games McHale has far superior shot stopping ability, far superior box presence especially from corners (you look next time we play and see how many times Ricey comes for a corner, you'll be lucky if it's once) and he's most definitely better in a one on one situation, I'm sure plenty of the fans will agree

52 minutes ago, Football7 said:

That young lad has so much potential and it's being wasted by dropping him! He's at Riceys level already and surpassing him and he's been sat on the bench for most of it! If you've actually watched the games McHale has far superior shot stopping ability, far superior box presence especially from corners (you look next time we play and see how many times Ricey comes for a corner, you'll be lucky if it's once) and he's most definitely better in a one on one situation, I'm sure plenty of the fans will agree

Did'nt say I agree with the decision.

But I will repeat,decision is made,we move on.

6 hours ago, Football7 said:

And Tom can keep a goal kick on a wind less day on the pitch. I couldn't agree more with your points above, and also Somersetspurs assessment. I'm gutted for the lad.