Cornwall Football Forum

Rocky neal

16 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Sad to see a player of rockys ability on the bench the boy is top quality and loves playing football a return to parkway or bodmin surely on the cards

he surly didnt expect to just strut into the starting 11 just because he played well divisions lower?

7 minutes ago, Sijames said:

he surly didnt expect to just strut into the starting 11 just because he played well divisions lower?

To score 60 goals in any standard of football is a great achievement and I have no doubt if truro were a top half side creating chances he would have a hatfull of goals in this league.I would imagine he is possible struggling with his confidence a bit but I am sure he will eventually come good if he stays with truro

Its a massive step up for the lad.Just because he scored a hat full of goals in a lower league,dont guarantee him a automatic place ,at this level

The way Truro play,is not suiting Rocky,but this boy gives 100% when he is on the pitch.

Very important Rocky dont chuck the towel in.He has the ability to succeed at this level but has a lot to learn .

His time will come,The fans love him,and are behind him all the time.

Had a similar situation with Liam Eddy,he choose to chuck the towel in and went to St Austell.

Think Rocky has a bit more  ambition to make it at this level.

I agree he has plenty of ambition and confidence but I have known and watched him since he was 11 and most importantly for him I would think is game time. Who the hell wants to travel God knows how many miles then sit on your backside for 75 minutes, possibly someone whose sole interest is money but not someone who loves playing

Every footballer should have the ambition to play in the highest league possible,scoring hat fulls of goals in a league your far too good for is a cop out ,from what I've seen of rocky this season is promising he's young and hungry but gets frustrated as he comes up against some very tall,strong resilient defences in this league,I'm sure he will get his head down work hard and change his game to suit but that comes with gaining experience it doesn't happen at a drop of a hat,give him chance,as for travelling long distances behave yourself it's part and parcel of being a success,looks like he may get his chance seeing as les came off injured on Saturday and could be out for a few weeks so let's hope rocky takes his chance and keeps this little run going,very skillfull if he adapts his game 

At last the team are sorting their tactics out defensively, what we need now to suit Rocky's style of play is for that to be extended with more support coming forward, it is a lot to ask a lone youngster to carry the scoring hopes for the rest of the team but it is coming, there are signs of more support breaking from midfield since changing to a 3 - 5 - 2 formation although that tends to look more like 3 - 5 - 1 - 1. at times.

We are fortunate to have Tom McHale at one end and Rocky Neal at the other.

Unfortunately Rory fallon let him down being the big man to play off as he turned out to be not fit for Sunday league and created nothing so unless Truro sign a big forward to suit then rocky needs to adapt accordingly and reinvent his game like you said he has the skill,when he came on against Wealdstone and Truro started playing the ball on the floor and used the channels,rocky and Niall were unplayable,but I still think hodges is still finding his best 11 and what system to play but the last 3 games are a improvement 

I would have loved to have seen Rocky with Vass, we never had any one with the pace to keep up with Vass so he often was left isolated waiting for help. Rocky would have been up there. But that's not going to happen now sadly. Lets hope that Fallon does not come back in to the team. At least the other two New Zealanders look like they will be useful?

Older is just jealous ofTruro City's success and has a pop at them at every available opportunity. Nothing new to add and stuck in repeat mode all the time I am afraid. It would make his day if Truro were to be relegated or become homeless. Unfortunately Older it ain't going to happen buddy so can I suggest you get over it and find yourself a new script writer .

7 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

So Older does that mean you have put your money on Truro being relegated this season?

"MAY" is the key word in that post.

5 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Older is just jealous ofTruro City's success and has a pop at them at every available opportunity. Nothing new to add and stuck in repeat mode all the time I am afraid. It would make his day if Truro were to be relegated or become homeless. Unfortunately Older it ain't going to happen buddy so can I suggest you get over it and find yourself a new script writer .

You got me Rayvon.

Jealous as hell...I want a £3 million + debt, I want to play football on a ground I don't own, I want an uncertain future for my club .

Hell fire let ma have it all - please.

Makes no difference to me whether TCFC are relegated, or get to the premiership - won't change my life.

Older only has to dangle his little worm in the water and they jump in, that boat will come in handy though when the new Stadium gets built at Malpas Park. He will be up there Saturday afternoons retrieving the balls out of the river and taking them back to PAFC. Good news for Rocky though he should be back in the starting line up against Frome on Saturday, another easy 4k for the Truro City Coffers. Just for your information Older City are no longer 3.8 million in debt as the CVA has been cleared in full so you can cross that one off your list lol. Full credit to the owners and all involved in achieving this. Onwards and upwards.

12 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Older only has to dangle his little worm in the water and they jump in, that boat will come in handy though when the new Stadium gets built at Malpas Park. He will be up there Saturday afternoons retrieving the balls out of the river and taking them back to PAFC. Good news for Rocky though he should be back in the starting line up against Frome on Saturday, another easy 4k for the Truro City Coffers. Just for your information Older City are no longer 3.8 million in debt as the CVA has been cleared in full so you can cross that one off your list lol. Full credit to the owners and all involved in achieving this. Onwards and upwards.

The debt has just moved places...that's all....still there somewhere for sure.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Got a feeling Rocky might have a bit of a run in the side ,now.

With the forthcoming fixtures being a bit more friendly and the team improving,Rocky may be able to get on a scoring run.

That my little prediction.

Please don't bring your little prediction on here thanks  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Rocky Neale is a class act if you know football. His off the ball work rate when Truro don't have the ball is relentless and when they have the ball his runs are intelligent. The trouble is he is always having to fight with a big central defender as the service he receives is never in the channels where he can exploit practically any defender in the league. Last year I saw him a fair bit at Bodmin and he had a very good understanding with the young wing/full back Nick Hurst who put balls through for him to outpace the defence or hard pacy crosses at the near post. To get the best out of rocky start playing to his strengths and then I promise you just watch the goals fly in.

I agree with the above comment. Rocky Neal is a class act and works hard on and off the ball. If anything, more so than any other player. Like you said, he needs the balls to be played in the right channels, and they aren't that much at Truro. Get Nick Hurst at Truro City I say. Good young player who I've seen play a few times, and he'll only get better.

5 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

The boy is top drawer no doubt, give him the right service and he will score goals at any level.I have watched him since he was 14 and he is an incredibly gifted footballer

So should Truro City offer Rocky a contract for next season,ASAP,or risk losing out to some other club.

Because TCFC tends to let all contracts run out at the end of the season,then start looking again for the new season.

Nick Hurst is at Tiverton this season, might be a good addition for next season. I've been told he was approached by Truro pre season but Martin Rogers was very persuasive and talks broke down when Steve Tully left. There is still an abundance of young talent in this area which is very often overlooked.Rocky Neale,River Allen,Cody Cook have all played in the SWPL and have grabbed the opportunity with both feet as it were,it would be nice to see some more local talent tested at this level. I appreciate managers are under pressure to get results it's just my opinion that's all.

Around January is where you need to start signing players down to contracts for the following season.

But yes, you are right Touch line pro. Nick Hurst is a very good player I think, and whilst it would be a big step up I'd like to see how he'd do in a Truro shirt. Hopefully one day he'll get the chance to show what he can do here. There aren't a huge amount of players in the SWPL that could play for Truro, no disrespect to any players at all. But yes, there are some. You've just got to be clever and find the real gems.

The trouble is with TCFC,no one knows what the future holds,and here lies the problem,with keeping the big smokescreen around the Club.

How can players commit,when they dont even know ,what pitch they will be playing on,next season.

Just think if Truro could plan ahead,and offer young talent like,Tom McHale,Charlie Hardcastle,River Allen,Cody Cooke,Jack Crago,Rocky Neal.and Nick Hurst,and build around those players for the long term future of the Club.

You could even persuade them with two year contracts.

But we all know what is happening with the finanaces at Truro,and this will never happen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2016 at 10:14, somersetspur said:

Got a feeling Rocky might have a bit of a run in the side ,now.

With the forthcoming fixtures being a bit more friendly and the team improving,Rocky may be able to get on a scoring run.

That my little prediction.

Told you.Herbie777

On 12/22/2016 at 21:54, somersetspur said:

So should Truro City offer Rocky a contract for next season,ASAP,or risk losing out to some other club.

Because TCFC tends to let all contracts run out at the end of the season,then start looking again for the new season.

I know it will never happen.

With Rocky,being given a run of games,and showing he is adapting to this level of football and scoring goals.

What a great boost for the future of TCFC,would it be if the Club,tied Rocky to a contract for next season,NOW.