Cornwall Football Forum

F.A.Trophy.

The FA website says £4000 for EACH club the prize is the winners go through and get £5000 when they play in the next round then the winners of that progress to the following round for £6000 etc etc.

I always thought the prize money was only for the winners but the FA website says amounts are for clubs in each round, 
could the winners prize be qualification for £5000 in the next round and increasing for further success looks like it. 

The Buildbase FA Trophy Season 2016-17 
Payments made from The FA's Prize Fund 

Preliminary Round winners .... (64) £2,500 
First Round Qualifying winners (72) £2,700 
Second Round Qualifying winner (36) £3,250 
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £4,000 
First Round Proper winners     (32) £5,000 
Second Round Proper winners (16) £6,000 
Third Round Proper winners     ( 8 ) £7,000 
Fourth Round Proper  winners   (4) £8,000 
Semi Final winners                         (2)£16,000 
Final runners-up                         (1)£25,000 
Final winners                                 (1)£50,000 
Amounts are per club in each round. Numbers in brackets represent the number of winning clubs per round. 

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/competitions...hy-prize-fund#QydX9WtPgrlkrxTJ.99

The previous posting appears to have vanished from the FA website today but can still be viewed when using the READ MORE link however I am convinced someone at the FA has made an error below I print out the rule that states the WINNER of each round gets paid.(maybe clubs should put in an early claim lol).

Rule 25  is printed below.

25. PAYMENT TO CLUBS (a) A payment shall be made to the winner of each Round within seven working days of the completion of each Round. The sum paid shall be determined by the National Game Board from time to time. (b) A payment shall be made to the Winner and Runner-Up in the Final tie of the Competition of a sum determined by the National Game Board from time to time. (c) A Club shall not be entitled to any payment from The Association if: (i) that Club has not met all of its financial obligations to an opposing Club in accordance with these Rules; (ii) that Club or its Parent Undertaking is subject to an Insolvency Event, as defined in Rule 5(f) on the due date of payment. The National Game Board may at its discretion make a payment on account to such a Club on receipt of a written request from a Club. (d) No competing Club shall make any Agreement (as defined under these Competition Rules), whether direct or indirect, with any competing Club regarding the sharing of any payment to which they are entitled under the Competition Rules. (e) Where a Club defaults in making a payment to an opposing Club as required under these Rules then the National Game Board may deduct or withhold any such amount from payments (be they prize money, broadcasting fees or pool payments) due to the defaulting Club. (f) In the event that a club is found to have breached the Competition Rules the National Game Board may, in accordance with Rule 1(d), order the repayment of any monies gained by such Club for Rounds of the Competition in relation to which it is determined that the Club was in breach and the National Game Board may (in its absolute discretion) award the recovered monies to the Club(s) that were defeated in such earlier Rounds. (g) Where a club (the defaulting club) defaults in making any payment due to The Association and any holding company of The Association and any subsidiary company of that holding company, then The Association shall be empowered to deduct the amount of any such payment from any distribution from payment due to the defaulting club.

A winnable game for sure. But can't be taken lightly as I'm sure we all remember what happened at Winchester in the FA Cup. With the fans behind them though I reckon they'll get the job done. A cup run would be nice in the FA Trophy. And we've had a decent run in the past so it could happen again.

17 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Somersetspur what is there to LIKE ??????

I go for a 4 - 0 Truro City WIN.

You'll obviously be there so you can tell me all about it.:yahoo:

Well there may be a chance.

Pete has decided to reduce admission prices,to encourage more supporters.

Desperation,from him to do ,what everyone suggested ages ago.

Or is he trying to smooth the waters before his announcement.

Dave I think the reduced admission may have something to do with the guidelines laid down within the rules governing admission at this stage of the competition. You will be aware we are joining clubs from lower down the Pyramid and the pricing tends to meet competing clubs half way bearing in mind teams like Frome charge less to attend the lower league grade games where they play, I don't think it is a desperation move by Truro City Football Club or any individual person.

As you didn't use your voice last Saturday perhaps you could take up the challenge to be our FA Trophy cheer leader this time around.