Cornwall Football Forum

NLS - Saturday Oct 29th 2016

sad news at Truro City another 5-0 defeat feel for Hodges no passion no leader. I will get slated for this but 1pt out of 12 and that's after 3 games at home Why did Tully go and then player after player at this rate the team will be in a relegation fight get rid of loan players. I am saddened that I am posting this it just not the results but the way we fold and the attd is getting smaller and smaller how can Helston and St Austell have higher gates

Feel for the fans who went to the game today.

ONE IMPORTANT QUOTE  BY THE ST ALBANS CITY MANAGER.

"Truro City's 20 to 30 supporters made more noise than our 700"

My response to that is "That support must never be destroyed "

I AM ANNOYED  - Why annoyed? Simple - Truro City Football Club does not appreciate it's fans as others see us, TCFC includes tweets etc from other clubs who say GOOD THINGS about our supporters but AT NO TIME does TCFC thank their own supporters for their efforts, however, they do thank the opposition for their hospitality, strange that when we are NEVER represented in the directors box, a bit like a ship with no skipper about to be taken over by PIRATES

I'm off to Portugal so will miss a couple of games, my next City game should be Hemel Hempstead away  keep up the good work.

My Truro City player of the match yesterday was Niall Thompson, he tried throughout to make things happen, was Rooney injured, surprised by that substitution as I was with the decision to leave Arran Pughs on the bench.

20 hours ago, TREYEW 1970 said:

How did Torquay get on today Postie boy.

They had a player sent off but will they be able to pay the fine.

I'll post what I did on the Tiger Talk forum! - Half of these players aren't good enough, it's as simple as that. People say Lee has his hands tied, and you may well be correct, but I don't think he knows what he's doing. Possibly excluding the Eastbourne result, the other few recently have been disgraceful and embarrassing.

10 hours ago, JENGLE said:

I'll post what I did on the Tiger Talk forum! - Half of these players aren't good enough, it's as simple as that. People say Lee has his hands tied, and you may well be correct, but I don't think he knows what he's doing. Possibly excluding the Eastbourne result, the other few recently have been disgraceful and embarrassing.

... and your experience as a football manager is....?. Every decision in management is easy until your the one who has to make it!

52 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

... and your experience as a football manager is....?. Every decision in management is easy until your the one who has to make it!

I would say,my experience as a football manager is not bad.

It is obvious,to any football person with some intelligence.Truro Citys squad is not good enough,and nowhere near last seasons team.

Although ,I do feel sorry for Lee,because I believe his hands are tied.

But  Jengle is quite right.

I find the words 'no quality' 'disgraceful' and 'embarrassing' a little bit too strong ??everyone has a right to a opinion and here is mine the current squad has got quality but seriously lack any kind of midfield maybe because the manager likes to play the long ball tactic constantly even though are front 3 are on the small side and all they do is chase down hopeless hoofs from the back,there has been times during some games where Truro have passed the ball about on the floor and the quality shines through,last 20 mins of the 1st half Saturday proved this but then they come out for the 2nd half and back to hoofing it ??? Rocky,Niall and Rooney are skillfull players not ball chasers,the defence can work but they need to stop chopping and changing and get some confidence,tom needs to get more vocal, there is no leader on the field to bellow and gee up the players and also the 12th man (who like it or not do fire up the players )have gone missing this season ?? So before you criticise what the players and manager are doing on the pitch ask yourself what am I doing off it ?? To sum up I believe there is quality I just think the tactics are wrong and we need a holding midfielder desperately 

i usually just lurk on here but those last two posts riled me into signing up :-) I'd also like to ask why do the most prolific posters on here not put there real names to there posts ? Why hide ? If you have a opinion have the balls to put your name to it surely or how can people take it serious ??

Mr Cottrell,Im not quite sure,what to make of your first post on this forum.

You say the last two posts riled you into action.Well one of those posts was mine dont think there was much wrong with it,last season's squad was better,and they performed on the field better,they had a manager who knew how to get results.Also I feel for Lee,think you have an idea of the off field politics at the Club,and Im sure its affecting the playing staff.

Dont you know the Somersetspur.? You know me,and so do most people on these forum's.

I certainly dont hide.As for what I do off the pitch,I think you know.

Hope to see you at Ebbsfleet.

Yes I know who you are David but the rest I don't ? Goldeneye?? Truropostie?? Gobblewhoever? And the rest what's wrong with using your own name ? We are all grown men on here yet some hide behind a persona ?? 

Back to reason I posted I thought the words disgraceful and embarrassing were very harsh it's a young new team that are finding it hard to gel under the new management,there is quality but it's not being nurtured under the current long ball tactics I think Lee needs to reassess,I agree Tully done very well last year and set out his tactics to the good of his team and there was a team spirit there,we know the finances at the club are not the best and nobody else wants to invest so the current regime are going down the loanee road as it's a cheaper and more viable to the purse which again doesn't help team morale with players coming and going, I like Lee and I hope he turns it around but in my opinion and I'm no football manager I think the long ball game needs to be put to bed, these players are good enough to play it on the floor if we can get a holding midfielder in who can hold up play and look for a pass and let skill become more of the game our front 3 are good when the ball is at there feet e.g. Concord and also Wealdstone 

Kevin Cottrell,you are calling for a holding midfielder who can pass the ball.

Using my managerial skills,and with all the center backs at the Club,how about playing three centre half's,and wing backs.

We must be able to get three good center half's from Smith,Todd,Pugh,Richards,Bentley and Panzer.

We have the worst defensive record in the League,and need to stop letting in goals.

Build at the back with a solid defence and try and keep clean sheets.

That's a well thought idea David and yes the defence needs to stop leaking goals,maybe try playing out from the back but we are missing a ash or a green someone to be the link between defence and attack,maybe hodges doesn't have faith in his midfield options and continues with the long ball hoof which will never work with the height of truros attack and fallon I'm afraid is not an option as a target man for rocky/niall to feed off as he is the only one who can be labelled embarrassing especially for a international?? But I like your positive thinking it's a refreshing change :) 

41 minutes ago, Kevin cottrell said:

That's a well thought idea David and yes the defence needs to stop leaking goals,maybe try playing out from the back but we are missing a ash or a green someone to be the link between defence and attack,maybe hodges doesn't have faith in his midfield options and continues with the long ball hoof which will never work with the height of truros attack and fallon I'm afraid is not an option as a target man for rocky/niall to feed off as he is the only one who can be labelled embarrassing especially for a international?? But I like your positive thinking it's a refreshing change :) 

Might have a word with Lee.

If we are playing the name game about where the blame lies that is EASY - The person who told those better players from last season that they were no longer required, ADD to that the decision to rid City of Steve Tully because he didn't have an assistant. this season even with an assistant manager things are much worse. Steve Tully if permitted to manage players he wanted to retain would doubtless be doing a better job even if alone.

I was talking to a lad at Exeter motorway services last season, he didn't know the sick giraffe but eventually I discovered Arran Pugh coached him, SO if Arran is in the coaching game would Steve Tully's job have been saved if he joined up with Arran as his assistant, just a thought.

Re LOAN PLAYERS.

Apart from the length of the contract deal "Loan" players are not cheap, I cannot comment on TRURO players wages because like others I do not know, what I do know is with many clubs the loan players wages have been reported as higher than at the clubs they are joining and for a club like Truro City "short term" more expensive. Far better to get an established bench and only take in loan players as an emergency.

27 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Re LOAN PLAYERS.

Apart from the length of the contract deal "Loan" players are not cheap, I cannot comment on TRURO players wages because like others I do not know, what I do know is with many clubs the loan players wages have been reported as higher than at the clubs they are joining and for a club like Truro City "short term" more expensive. Far better to get an established bench and only take in loan players as an emergency.

That well may be the case.But not all loan deals are like that.

There are loan deals done where  the players club continue to pay their players wage providing they are assured of playing time,these are mainly short term deals.

The season long loans,like TCFC had last season,you then see the loaning Club paying the wages.

As for non-contract players,well they get paid on appearences.So take Erik Panzer,for example,he will hardly be costing TCFC anything.

Also hear Basso's loan is coming to an end,will they extend it.?

I think some may not be recognising the likely reason for so many short term loan deals.  This is probably to reduce the long term financial liabilities of the football club to make it more attractive to a future buyer.  In my opinion Peter Masters is certainly involved in one of the bids to purchase TUFC and as such will be under a Non Disclosure Agreement until that situation is resolved.  That’s probably why he has been so uncharacteristically quite of late.

7 minutes ago, Kevin cottrell said:

The rumours are that ricey and Dawson are too make a return due to problems at gosport ?? 

Could make sense,I hear Basso's loan period is nearly up.

But you then tend to ask the question if these rumours are true.

Why did we let them leave in the first place.

If true,these would probably be loan deals because,Ricey and Daws signed 2 year contracts at Gosport,unless TCFC buys out their contracts.Cant see that happening.

Certainly be welcomed back for sure.

I was led to believe they left because uncertainty of what was going on at Truro and no offer during the summer of new contracts so jumped ship,not sure of what's going on but gosport are in financial difficulties with a 2nd winding up order issued last week ?? Maybe the players have torn up there contracts due to non payment ??? Both would be welcome additions 

23 hours ago, Kevin cottrell said:

I was led to believe they left because uncertainty of what was going on at Truro and no offer during the summer of new contracts so jumped ship,not sure of what's going on but gosport are in financial difficulties with a 2nd winding up order issued last week ?? Maybe the players have torn up there contracts due to non payment ??? Both would be welcome additions 

Perhaps they left because Truro are trying to live within their means! I know it's a novel idea - football supporters are so used to having their sport subsidised by wealthy benefactors, whilst moaning about admission prices at the same time!

4 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Perhaps they left because Truro are trying to live within their means! I know it's a novel idea - football supporters are so used to having their sport subsidised by wealthy benefactors, whilst moaning about admission prices at the same time!

Goldeneye yes clubs should live within their means and I am sure most fans would agree with you ,  as for subsidised entrance fees , well you know how Cornwall is very poorly paid , seasonal work , zero hours I could go on beating the drum for Cornish workers , so money is tight  perhaps this has contributed to falling attendance at Truro , plus the on going soap opera which is Truro Football club , will they have a ground ?   Ect ect , and fans at loggerheads with each other , when perhaps you should all pull together and seek answers which you all deserve on the future of Your Club remember it might not be owned by the fans but if you don't  support the team what will happen to the clubs future ?  Will it be lost to football history  a shame for you all that have been there through thick and thin from the start. this is the base for any club  you the supporters make the club what it is be that in a few seasons playing league football! Or back down in SWPL  , the owners yes hold the purse strings. but look at other teams from the junior leagues and see how many have gone and will never comeback ,   you don't want to be in that situation . 

On 11/2/2016 at 13:28, Goldeneye said:

I moan about TCFC disgraceful admission prices.

Plus I back my mouth by refusing to pay £13:00.

On 11/2/2016 at 13:28, Goldeneye said:

So TCFC have now got to live within there means.

Why have'nt they done that for the last 3 seasons.?

Helical Bar sponsorship.

28 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

I moan about TCFC disgraceful admission prices.

Plus I back my mouth by refusing to pay £13:00.

So TCFC have now got to live within there means.

Why have'nt they done that for the last 3 seasons.?

Helical Bar sponsorship.

SSS what are the admission charges on your travels when following Truro ?   And if supporters of the OSC  do they get money off home games?  I know you are a TISA member but I guess you guys don't get any discounts / subsidised  entrance ? 

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

SSS what are the admission charges on your travels when following Truro ?   And if supporters of the OSC  do they get money off home games?  I know you are a TISA member but I guess you guys don't get any discounts / subsidised  entrance ? 

Big difference with me is the concession age.

Last season at Truro it was 60.Meaning I could get in for £8:00.

This season,the concession age is 65,meaning I have to pay £13:00.

Most away games this season,concession age is 60,paying £6:00 to £8:00.

Last season the OSC did get admission discount.Not this season.

Only discount available is for season tickets for the OSC.

Nothing for anyone else.

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Thanks for your replies guys , just shows the commitment from yourselves following Truro , perhaps  some of the committee/ owners took time out to reflect on how much time and money it takes to follow your team , and your investment in the team  . 

Its strange mate,the Chairman[ Truro Postie ] dont even go to away games.Maybe he thinks all the other Clubs screw people over,like he does.

At some games,OSC members have to represent the Club,because of the lack of Truro Officials.

Pitiful,really,for Cornwall's premier Club.

Goldeneye, I may only be 19 but I have already coached at one youth side and am now coaching at another. So I have first hand experience at the managerial side of things. It's not easy I know. But this assessment is my honest opinion of the season so far. I don't like saying it, but it has to be done.

Kevin, I respect your opinion in that those words I've chosen may be a little too strong, but on this one I have to disagree. I can't think of any other words to describe what's going on at the moment. And like I said above, I've been supporting Truro City for coming on 11 years now, so it's not something I like doing. There isn't anywhere near enough quality to mix it with the big boys in this league, and that is clearly evident so far. Major changes need to be made in my opinion for that to change, a player or two won't make the difference. Our tactics are all wrong, and that is very clear to see as well, I've seen it with my own eyes. The long ball tactic really does frustrate me, because we haven't got the players to do that. Rory Fallon is realistically the only one that would work with, and he can't win a header for toffee. Why that keeps being used is beyond me. The worst bit is when you've got Rocky Neal up there and they still do it. I mean, come on, that is something kids can work out. Whether the manager tells them to do that, I don't know. But over the years, when we have kept the ball on the floor and moved it about, we are a match for any team. And at times we have played them off the park, because it's something we've always been good at. I don't see this that much anymore, for one reason or another. It's the easiest way to play football in my opinion. Keep it on the deck, play it in to feet and move in to space, you'll keep the ball 100 times easier than what you would when knocking it long, hoping someone will get their head on to it. We really are missing some of the players we let go during the summer/beginning of this season. I only say some because I don't believe we miss all of them.

On 4 November 2016 at 18:55, JENGLE said:

Goldeneye, I may only be 19 but I have already coached at one youth side and am now coaching at another. So I have first hand experience at the managerial side of things. It's not easy I know. 

I didn't realise you were so experienced in management. The next time TCFC are looking for a manager you should apply for the position.