Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 2, Eastbourne Borough 2 - match stats

It was almost "Eastbourne STAT" at half-time!

Truro:
McHale, Adelsbury, Richards, Allen, Smith, Todd, Brett (C)(Panzer 90+4), Thompson (Afful 84), Rooney, Neal, Little. Subs not used: Fallon, Pugh, Bentley.
7 attempts: 2 goals (Rooney 58, Thompson 65), 0 saved, 2 blocked (Neal 43, Brett 51), 3 off-target (Little 73, Brett FK77, Neal 86).
1 corner (left 48), 2 offsides, 16 FKs conceded, 2 yellows (Allen 5, Neal 66).

Eastbourne:
Carey, Hare, Smith, Hughes, Simpemba, Khinda-John, Stone, Oxlade-Chamberlain (Baptista 78 ), Pinney (Romain 59), Taylor, McCallum. Subs not used: O'Reilly, Dutton, Horlock.
7 attempts: 2 goals (Hughes 12, Khinda-John 85), 1 blocked (Taylor 68 ), 4 off-target (Pinney 1, Taylor 54, Oxlade-Chamberlain FK75, Khinda-John 81).
5 corners (left 12, 72, right 45+2, 80, 82), 4 offsides, 12 FKs conceded, 1 yellow (Khinda-John 90+2).

Ref: Ian Fissenden (Kent), Assts: Daniel Lamport (Yorkshire), Graham Pearce (Wiltshire).

Attendance 323. Winning 50/50 ticket 1502 (2627 from last week not claimed so prize added to today's making it something like £70).

Truro went 2-1 up and shortly after I noticed to my dismay that they were playing from then on with just 1 up - the tactic that had proved so successful (!) v Dartford and Hampton! Eastbourne only bucked up after that, encouraged to attack. At 1-1 they were already rocking under Truro's pressure so disappointing to see it abandoned. 2 points lost, I thought, after two bits of luck for the goals which Truro haven't had their fair share of at home. Luck and goals, that is!

15 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

I don't know if it applies to yesterday but in the past there have been officials from far-away places who have combined their appointment with a family holiday!

Surely Tom that would have been the case with the Yorkshire one. Otherwise there's even less common sense left in the game than I thought! :)

9 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

I don't know if it applies to yesterday but in the past there have been officials from far-away places who have combined their appointment with a family holiday!

You would be daft not to surely.

I expect when the Truro fixture comes up, many would go - OH gawd (!) all the bleddy way down there.

It's definitely happened in the past where officials come from so far to tie it in with a holiday down here. And you can only imagine this was the case for those officiating at the game yesterday, it would be ridiculous appointments otherwise. Then again, would it surprise anyone if this wasn't the case and they had to come down just for the game?