Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Fixtures - 22/10/16

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

The common sense has been lost - why couldn't the ref had just got rid of the extra man and continued with the penalty. Would have been the practical thing to do surely! 

You'd of thought so Dave. Seeing as he was used to reefing higher standard he should of been capable of dealing with the situation. He didn't even confide in the linesman or anything just took the managers word. Very poor.

Common sense would of said that the player in question being 50 / 60+ yards away was no where near interfering with play. And that the guy who had come on for him was the one who gave the penalty away so he was in his position.

7 hours ago, S Abbo said:

Shocking decision mate.. you boys must be livid. .Disgusting attitude to slate the league hes refffing. 

Understatement Steve 

10 hours ago, Back in the game said:

West Cornwall Reserves 1-1 St.Day 3rds

Scorers Charlie Thompson 

West Cornwall scorer ?

Very tough game for St. Day missing a few keys players but played against a very strong West Cornwall side. We didn't play our best today but all credit to west Cornwall a very good side kept us quite and was a constant battle between two strong midfields. Special mention to our keeper Chris Bolitho great penalty save and put his body on the line for every challenge. 

Our scorer was Simon Jefferies. Great run and finish. 

Think before the game yesterday we'd have taken a point, given the league standings and current run of form, and the quality in the St Day side. However we came off the pitch a little disappointed in not taking all 3 points, which is a credit to how we dug in yesterday. Managed to finally get a full squad together and it shows what we could achieve if we could get that availability every week. We limited Saints to very few chances, I only had 1 save to make. A mistake from us led to their goal, while we had a penalty saved in the 1st half at 0-0, and Chris Bolitho in the Saints goal called upon more often, although not having loads of saves to make, often coming out and sweeping up when he needed too. 

On the whole, maybe a point each was about right, but had we put the penalty away it could have opened up a bit more for us. Not to be though. Hopefully we can take that performance forward for the rest of the season now, and hopefully get those numbers every week. Some real positives to take for us and some great individual performances from our young players. 

Well reffed by Nigel Jewell as always. 

All the best to the Saints for the rest of the season. They'll be right up there at the end of the season.

Dunn Cup

Troon 1-4 West Cornwall

RNAS Culdrose Reserves 5-1 Goovhavern Reserves, Div 2.

A comfortable win for the airmen in a match they dominated. Higgins scored an early free kick with Clarke adding two more to give a 3-0 lead at the half time break.

Second half proved a tougher test for the airmen as Goovhavern increased their work rate and pressing. Lomax scored two to put the game out of reach for the visitors. Goonhavern scored a well deserved goal towards the end.

Culdrose scorers Higgins, Clarke x2 and Lomax x2.

6 minutes ago, Sijames said:

I wasn't at the lanner game, but know the official in question, how the CCFA have let this continue for as long as it has is beyond me, probably too busy promoting all of these numerous courses we see scattered amongst this forum....?

Let his officiating continue?

If you was a neutral you would of said the game was ludicrously shambolic with this incident!!!

Division 3

St Just Reserves 0-3 Frogpool Reserves

Much tougher game against a far stronger st just side than the one we faced two weeks ago.

Mainly well officiated in the middle.

We missed a penalty early on, Craig Rothwell hitting the woodwork. He made up for it 5 minutes later with a delightful 20 yard lob on his left foot.

We then scored a scramble which was awarded to Nick Caulkin's studs I believe, before he also tucked away a penalty in the second half.

good luck to St just, the crowd made the game really enjoyable! And cheers to the fans who spent the game calling me Moysey.

hard earned three points for us at a tough place to go. Onto another tough game next week against lizard. 

22 hours ago, Asterix said:

Let his officiating continue?

If you was a neutral you would of said the game was ludicrously shambolic with this incident!!!

Ok, let me clear some things up about the St Agnes vs Lanner incident as there have been some 'misrepresentations' in previous comments.

I'm replying to the latest comment in the thread for that reason only.

This wasn't about a 12th player being on the pitch, it was about the ref re-starting the game before a substitution was completed. The oncoming player hadn't yet got into position (this had no bearing on the foul and I don't know if the ref has to wait for the oncoming player) and the player being substituted hadn't left the field (suggesting he left the field and came back on is 100% incorrect and proves the writer didn't see the incident properly). The ref didn't realise the substitution hadn't been completed and started the game. When he realised this he made the CORRECT decision (yes several people are complaining about a ref making the right decision!) and restarted from the throw in from when the substitution was initiated. He admitted his mistake in restarting the game too soon and rectified it. Yes, the initial mistake was a big one. I think most refs would have let play continue, which would have been an error.

Yes, Lanner can rightly feel disgruntled as most of us would.

No, St Agnes didn't feel lucky to win the game, they felt they should have had a penalty and Lanners first penalty shouldn't have been given. They also felt that the Lanner defender who took down the St Agnes striker deliberately when through on goal should have been sent off not yellow carded. They would have felt very unlucky not to have won the game.

No, it wasn't the best refereeing display (or for that matter the best footballing display by either team) that I've seen, but it certainly took some bottle to overrule the penalty decision and make the correct decision (the ref doesn't make the rules).

Google Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday in January this year for a very similar situation.

21 minutes ago, Midfield Marvel said:

Ok, let me clear some things up about the St Agnes vs Lanner incident as there have been some 'misrepresentations' in previous comments.

I'm replying to the latest comment in the thread for that reason only.

This wasn't about a 12th player being on the pitch, it was about the ref re-starting the game before a substitution was completed. The oncoming player hadn't yet got into position (this had no bearing on the foul and I don't know if the ref has to wait for the oncoming player) and the player being substituted hadn't left the field (suggesting he left the field and came back on is 100% incorrect and proves the writer didn't see the incident properly). The ref didn't realise the substitution hadn't been completed and started the game. When he realised this he made the CORRECT decision (yes several people are complaining about a ref making the right decision!) and restarted from the throw in from when the substitution was initiated. He admitted his mistake in restarting the game too soon and rectified it. Yes, the initial mistake was a big one. I think most refs would have let play continue, which would have been an error.

Yes, Lanner can rightly feel disgruntled as most of us would.

No, St Agnes didn't feel lucky to win the game, they felt they should have had a penalty and Lanners first penalty shouldn't have been given. They also felt that the Lanner defender who took down the St Agnes striker deliberately when through on goal should have been sent off not yellow carded. They would have felt very unlucky not to have won the game.

No, it wasn't the best refereeing display (or for that matter the best footballing display by either team) that I've seen, but it certainly took some bottle to overrule the penalty decision and make the correct decision (the ref doesn't make the rules).

Google Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday in January this year for a very similar situation.

Well all of this above is utter Crap. As the on coming substitute, gave a way the penalty. Funny though.  Also the player who allegedly didn't make it off the Field 60+ yards away from play, a mere yard or so from the touchline when he was claiming to be in the middle of the field.  

How you can say that the first penalty shouldn't of been given is beyond me.... after 2 attempts at "hacking" down the left winger of Lanner, the 3rd attempt finally brought him to the ground. Blatant penalty. 

As you the Straight red you think should of happened, surely the offender to be in contention for a red card has to be the last defender?

Was he the last defender...?? NO. So that would first take him out of contention for a straight red unless the referee deemed it a professional foul? Hopefully a referee with such qualifications could clarify this for me please?

Also the  words from the referees mouth were...

"I don't know what to do in this situation... if this was a office job I'd have to ring my boss on this one"

Also where did st agnes have a shout for a penalty too please? As there was a Blatant simulation from your number 4 which he referee laughed at which should of been a Yellow card if you wanted to be picky which it seems you do.

Ask anyone who was at the game that's commented on this and they will tell you that the argument around the ref restarting this incident is because St Agnes claimed to have had 12 players on the pitch. That's the reason why the referee said he had to restart with the throw. Now for the throw in to be taken and the play to get to the penalty area for a player to be fouled, let's say a minimum of 10 secs were played... and nothing was said or shouted from the St agnes bench until the penalty was awarded, where all I can say is a pantomime began, to get any sort of confusion to stop the penalty being given. Absolute farce.

The writter of the comment of saying that the player left and came back on, did see it, as did the lanner goalkeeper who was 20 yards from the dugouts and could see everything. 

Also just to clear it up with yourself Midfield Marvel.....

When your so called sporting manager said about the 2nd substitution the referee clearly said....

"When did you make that substitution as I only waved 1 substitution as there was only one guy lined up to come on"

4 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Well all of this above is utter Crap. As the on coming substitute, gave a way the penalty. Funny though.  Also the player who allegedly didn't make it off the Field 60+ yards away from play, a mere yard or so from the touchline when he was claiming to be in the middle of the field.  

How you can say that the first penalty shouldn't of been given is beyond me.... after 2 attempts at "hacking" down the left winger of Lanner, the 3rd attempt finally brought him to the ground. Blatant penalty. 

As you the Straight red you think should of happened, surely the offender to be in contention for a red card has to be the last defender?

Was he the last defender...?? NO. So that would first take him out of contention for a straight red unless the referee deemed it a professional foul? Hopefully a referee with such qualifications could clarify this for me please?

Also the  words from the referees mouth were...

"I don't know what to do in this situation... if this was a office job I'd have to ring my boss on this one"

Also where did st agnes have a shout for a penalty too please? As there was a Blatant simulation from your number 4 which he referee laughed at which should of been a Yellow card if you wanted to be picky which it seems you do.

Ask anyone who was at the game that's commented on this and they will tell you that the argument around the ref restarting this incident is because St Agnes claimed to have had 12 players on the pitch. That's the reason why the referee said he had to restart with the throw. Now for the throw in to be taken and the play to get to the penalty area for a player to be fouled, let's say a minimum of 10 secs were played... and nothing was said or shouted from the St agnes bench until the penalty was awarded, where all I can say is a pantomime began, to get any sort of confusion to stop the penalty being given. Absolute farce.

The writter of the comment of saying that the player left and came back on, did see it, as did the lanner goalkeeper who was 20 yards from the dugouts and could see everything. 

Bringing up the other incidents clearly didn't help clarify the scenario but I was just responding to the question about St Agnes feeling lucky. 

The player who gave away the 'penalty' was Alex Walker (sorry Al) who wasn't a substitute at any point in the game. 

The player leaving the field was me. If you saw it you will know that I was a long way from play and a long way from the side of the pitch when play restarted.

I understand why you're struggling to differentiate between the substitution not being completed and 12 players being on the pitch, I'm just pointing it out because some of the previous posts made it sound like St Agnes were playing with 12 men for some time. 

Never once claimed that St Agnes were playing with 12 players nor has anyone else said that. You would of clearly known then that you was no where near where you claimed which was in the middle of the field as that's where I was standing. You was clearly around the dugout area, when protesting the penalty shouldn't be awarded along with your oscar winning gaffer....

Funny how no claims were made about the game being restarted too early when play resumed but as soon as you heard a penalty given all hell breaks loose and you all put on a performance the Eastenders crew would be proud of!!! 

8 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Never once claimed that St Agnes were playing with 12 players nor has anyone else said that. You would of clearly known then that you was no where near where you claimed which was in the middle of the field as that's where I was standing. You was clearly around the dugout area, when protesting the penalty shouldn't be awarded along with your oscar winning gaffer....

Funny how no claims were made about the game being restarted too early when play resumed but as soon as you heard a penalty given all hell breaks loose and you all put on a performance the Eastenders crew would be proud of!!! 

When I read the thread I'm pretty sure there are posts that say it was because St Agnes had 12 players on the pitch that the pen was disallowed. Perhaps you could check to see if I'm mistaken.

I'm not going to argue about where I was anymore. I was far enough on the pitch for the referee to realise he'd made a mistake.

The referee didn't know what he was doing Nor did he say it was the correct decision to not play on with the penalty. It never sayself at any time on here that St Agnes were playing with 12 men...

But you know as well as I do, your excuse from the penalty not to be awarded because u all said you had 12 players on the Field of play. I heard u all say it with my own ears mate. 

Same as I heard you whinging and moaning and having digs at the referee all game. How your right back was never sent off I will never know. Dissent for the whole time he was on the pitch all because he was getting his ass handed to him by the Lanner left winger. 

I forgot that all the st agnes players had taken up Dave Bartlams offer of the referees course last year, and we're all qualified referees. Good on you boys Top Top Effort.?

If the referee has restarted play... He can not take it back to a previous break in play. So, by taking it back for a throw in after he has restarted play is incorrect. He should have dealt with this incident at the break before the penalty. Lanner have every right to feel aggrieved. Had the referee completed the substitution procedure correctly, i.e ensured the player left the field of play, it wouldn't have come back to bite him in the arse. The correct course of action would have been to let the penalty stand and deal with the substituted player during that break. If a substitute has had time to get on the field and in position and the ref has restarted play... By the time the penalty was conceded, the substituted player should have been well off the field of play.

This is like a player getting hacked out by a defender but the ref plays on.. ball goes out of play for a throw in... Throw in taken and play resumes... The ref then decides to blow his whistle (after he's had a little think) for the free kick during the previous phase of play! Completely incorrect.

I can see absolutely where Lanner are coming from.

6 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

If the referee has restarted play... He can not take it back to a previous break in play. So, by taking it back for a throw in after he has restarted play is incorrect. He should have dealt with this incident at the break before the penalty. Lanner have every right to feel aggrieved. Had the referee completed the substitution procedure correctly, i.e ensured the player left the field of play, it wouldn't have come back to bite him in the arse. The correct course of action would have been to let the penalty stand and deal with the substituted player during that break. If a substitute has had time to get on the field and in position and the ref has restarted play... By the time the penalty was conceded, the substituted player should have been well off the field of play.

This is like a player getting hacked out by a defender but the ref plays on.. ball goes out of play for a throw in... Throw in taken and play resumes... The ref then decides to blow his whistle (after he's had a little think) for the free kick during the previous phase of play! Completely incorrect.

I can see absolutely where Lanner are coming from.

Thankyou. Some sense. 

But wouldn't waste your breathe Dave. 

Pointless going over it as we can't change the decision, just glad St Agnes feel happy with the way they won the game! 

Was a very sour show of sportsmanship. 

St Agnes 2 goals were 1 a great header from Spencer hassel who still cuts the mustard even at 63. ?

And the other a freak of a deflection off a divot deceiving our goal keeper.  

Other than that. Second half we should of scored more than 1 with the chances we had. 

The game was tarnished by this act of play acting. And inconsistency from the official. 

I just find it funny that Midfield Marvel knows the CORRECT decision seeing as it went the way they wanted it too. But I'd love to see what was said if the shoe was on the other foot.

Ok, a quick response. I feel what I've actually said is pretty reasonable and I agree with most of what has been said in the most recent posts. Lanner were the better team in the second half, although your keeper made a couple of great saves too when we seemed odds on to score.

The only reason I thought the referee got it right was the Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday game in January where they said the ref got it right afterwards but I don't know the law.

And no, I didn't take a referees course because I was busy coaching an U10 team.

Agree that our keeper had 2 great saves.

All in all was a Good game apart from that incident.  It's ruined the result and atmosphere. 

Haven't seen the Leeds incident. 

But what happened Saturday was a poor show. I think this would make interesting reading to see what a few referees who referee in trelawney leagues etc would have a view on it.

28 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Just to clarify. There is no such law as "last man" it doesn't matter how many players are there. It's "denying a goal scoring opportunity"

Thanks for the clarification, St Darren.  Okay the foul was committed 30 - 35 yards out. And players in between said attacker and the goal. To say it was denying a goal scoring opportunity would be harsh. So hence my argument towards this decision. 

17 hours ago, Midfield Marvel said:

I was far enough on the pitch for the referee to realise he'd made a mistake

The nub of the matter appears to be your position on the pitch. Were you interfering with play? Were you making every effort to get off the pitch once you had noticed the play had restarted? Did you try bringing your position on the field to the attention of the referee once play had restarted (maybe not if you were not interfering)? Did any of your players or management do this (again, probably not if you were not interfering)?

This thread sums up why we are short of referees.Irrespective of the man in black being right or wrong the guy is being hung drawn and quartered in public. Not only that we have a referee/ league committee member taking part. Please go through the correct channels. How do you all feel that new and young referees are thinking when they read this thread, and you wander why we are losing referees and strundling to recruit new ones

Sorry struggling

So basically, we aren't allowed to comment about feeling disgruntled with a decision that was major turning point in a game or also that the official in question turned up and kept commenting in no other terms that this standard was 'below' him. And all that people can say from this scenario is that players can't voice an opinion on what is either arrogant to be saying that basically everyone here today is below the standard that this said official should be reffing, from his own mouth. Is that not a little downgrading to the players then Postman Pat?

Also to add if I was an up coming referee or a new comers to the officiating and I was reading this, then it would be giving me a wake up call that I'd like to be different than this official in question and that I would like to learn the laws of the game to my best ability so that I would be a ref who gained respect from the playing members of the local football leagues, and not to seem an arrogant and dismeaning and in other words, a verbal bully, to make a rod for my own back by saying this standard of football is below the standard I am able to ref and that It will be like a day off.

That in the short term is derogatory and offensive in its self. Then to get a decision wrong which a higher standard official of his calibre should pass with ease, makes it his own fault. Sorry to sound harsh, Martin but he shouldn't preach what he can't practice.

1 hour ago, Postman Pat said:

This thread sums up why we are short of referees.Irrespective of the man in black being right or wrong the guy is being hung drawn and quartered in public. Not only that we have a referee/ league committee member taking part. Please go through the correct channels. How do you all feel that new and young referees are thinking when they read this thread, and you wander why we are losing referees and strundling to recruit new ones

Sorry struggling

Im simply stating what people can find out by reading the laws. I'm certainly not stringing anyone up or questioning any person. I've been careful with what I've been saying. If I made a mistake that cost someone a point or three, I'd hold my hands up and accept it if I knew I'd cocked up. I would fully accept the backlash. I wouldn't like it as I'm not good with negativity... but I'd accept it.

At the end of the day, this has been a good debate on a scenario that very rarely occurs. I'm sure that after reading it, people are a little bit more clued up than they were before. 

I am always sticking up for referees on here. Often taking their side over any player. But, if the referee in question has said what he is alledged to have said about these teams, they are obviously going to be annoyed. It just so happens that a mistake (that's what it was) has also added to their frustration. If I have said anything that has offended the ref in question, I'd happily apologise because that is absolutely not what I have intended. All I've said is what others can find out with a bit of reading.

Just going away from refereeing of the lanner gsme for seconds as on this thread a representative from Threemilestone said there first team played against Lizard with 10 men this is backed up by the Trelawny league page however this also shows Threemilestone reserves having 12 people who played in there fixture against Newbridge athletic surely better each side have bare 11????

I understand if seconds set off early for away game down penzance way and then firsts have couple no shows etc can't be helped but don't Newbridge where the reserve team game was being played also at Malpas too? If so very strange one team especially higher ranked team being player short and reserve team having a sub!

8 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Perhaps it's a shame that the referee doesn't (or perhaps that should be isn't allowed to) come on here and clear the matter up once and for all. At the end of the day, the decision can't be changed, but at least we might get to understand his decision and thoughts a little better.

Dave like I've messaged Martin and said. The point of the explanation on here isn't to slate any one or "ref bash" it's to clarify why common sense wasn't used and why we as a club felt very disgruntled at the decision. Also the demeanor of turning up and basically a slagging off the standard of the football that day.... is arrogant and degrading to those playing those sport. we know the decision can't be changed but like someone else has commented it's a bizarre and uncommon occurrence so maybe it's a good debate to see the logic behind how it could or should have been dealt with.

Edited by Asterix

I'm a new referee, can still count the amount of games I have done without having to leave the fingers, but if I had made any mistake that could have cost either team a result, here would be the last place I would want to start writing things up... I'm all for people having opinions and this forum is a great place for it, but as the old saying goes 'you can't keep everyone happy'

if I feel that I have made an error during the game, I use the old fashioned way of going over and talking to the manager of the team involved and explaining it over. I don't blame the guy for not coming on here and writing anything, way too many questions to answer for one person. The clubs involved have a contact number for him given to them via email from the Trelawny website on confirmation of the game, maybe give him a call and find out his reasoning?

9 hours ago, fal lad said:

I'm a new referee, can still count the amount of games I have done without having to leave the fingers, but if I had made any mistake that could have cost either team a result, here would be the last place I would want to start writing things up... I'm all for people having opinions and this forum is a great place for it, but as the old saying goes 'you can't keep everyone happy'

if I feel that I have made an error during the game, I use the old fashioned way of going over and talking to the manager of the team involved and explaining it over. I don't blame the guy for not coming on here and writing anything, way too many questions to answer for one person. The clubs involved have a contact number for him given to them via email from the Trelawny website on confirmation of the game, maybe give him a call and find out his reasoning?

Yet again a valid comment but...

This isn't a post to slags him off, of previous comments have been read you would understand that he turned up basically putting everyone down for the standard of football that he had been sent to officiate.... trelawney division 1.

Then he's gone on to be arrogant and derogatory comments towards both teams. But to follow it up with a disastrous decision and an act of Tom foolery by the opposition, is shocking. Players are allowed to come on here and write results and reports of incidents surely...??

I have clearly stated that it isn't a "ref bashing" but why should we endure comments from a referee before during and after a game slagging off the standard he's been sent to officiate, when he's happy to take our money for referees fees.

20 minutes ago, Asterix said:

This isn't a post to slags him off, of previous comments have been read you would understand that he turned up basically putting everyone down for the standard of football that he had been sent to officiate.... trelawney division 1.

Then he's gone on to be arrogant and derogatory comments towards both teams. But to follow it up with a disastrous decision and an act of Tom foolery by the opposition, is shocking. Players are allowed to come on here and write results and reports of incidents surely...??

I have clearly stated that it isn't a "ref bashing" but why should we endure comments from a referee before during and after a game slagging off the standard he's been sent to officiate, when he's happy to take our money for referees fees.

I genuinely didn't know there were snobby referees haha. Who are they/we to judge the level we are officiating? 

29 minutes ago, Tempo said:

I genuinely didn't know there were snobby referees haha. Who are they/we to judge the level we are officiating? 

Yes it happened, I did post in a previous couple of replies on here what was said. That's what the whole issue is... demoralising and derogatory 

Just now, Asterix said:

Yes it happened, I did post in a previous couple of replies on here what was said. That's what the whole issue is... demoralising and derogatory 

That's shocking, I must admit you have every right to feel hard done by, and generally angry. I don't think anything will get done about it now though - to be honest. Your best bit is filing a report to the league, whether it's acted upon, who knows?

1 minute ago, Tempo said:

That's shocking, I must admit you have every right to feel hard done by, and generally angry. I don't think anything will get done about it now though - to be honest. Your best bit is filing a report to the league, whether it's acted upon, who knows?

I totally agree but this forum is surely to let players clubs officials to communicate etc. So just wanted to put it all out there. Don't expect anything to change as it's done  now we are allowed to air our frustration.

2 minutes ago, Asterix said:

I totally agree but this forum is surely to let players clubs officials to communicate etc. So just wanted to put it all out there. Don't expect anything to change as it's done  now we are allowed to air our frustration.

Doesn't bother me mate. I just checked to see who officiated your game, can't say i've met him so can't defend him really! Not a clue what he's like!

So long as both clubs marked the referee appropriately, it will get looked at. but, if both clubs marked the ref 61 and didn't bother taking the time to write a report... You won't be making anything better and the CFA won't see a problem.

Just make sure you follow the recommendations laid down.

Look I haven't come on here to get radical changes or a ccfa approval or the game overturned etc. I've come on here to voice and opinion on what's happened, and how from a playing point of view and a club captain, we've felt that what has happened, is in no way a sign of gaining respect for officials in any way shape or form if you're going to turn up at games and tell everyone that

"you're too good to referee this standard of football"

That's the main point here. I've attended meetings along with other playing teams and members to promote respect and then this situation happens. Now surely this isn't the way to go about gaining any respect from players is it??

3 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Look I haven't come on here to get radical changes or a ccfa approval or the game overturned etc. I've come on here to voice and opinion on what's happened, and how from a playing point of view and a club captain, we've felt that what has happened, is in no way a sign of gaining respect for officials in any way shape or form if you're going to turn up at games and tell everyone that

"you're too good to referee this standard of football"

That's the main point here. I've attended meetings along with other playing teams and members to promote respect and then this situation happens. Now surely this isn't the way to go about gaining any respect from players is it??

Respect should work both ways. If what you say is true then it shows a lack of respect to the players.

13 hours ago, Asterix said:

I have been the comments that have been posted, I don't disagree at all with you being annoyed with he comments you are saying he made on the day. I merely said that as a referee, I wouldn't come on here to discuss a decision of a game, with a few people calling him out to clear it up, I merely aired my opinion. 

I know your saying your not ref bashing, I'm not trying to defend anyone or taking sides with the referee. I've played football around here for a lot of years before I took up the whistle, I have had good referees, average referees, refs who don't give a monkeys and some like your saying you had Saturday. This forum is a great place to vent and talk about it with others, but on the flip side, I wouldn't discuss my decisions on here (take note mr tempo for Saturday ;) )

Of course players, managers and anyone else who has an interest can come on here and say whatever they like, that's not what I'm saying, i don't understand why the need to come here asking him to clarify it when he had to come and speak to someone at the club to get his money, could have asked him then? 

Mark him down, write a report and let the governing body take appropriate action, make a note of his name in your records and if you get him again, request a swap. But please, keep writing on here, healthy debate is good and it gives us all something to talk about, which the reason we all use this forum ?