Cornwall Football Forum

Safety Concerns - Silverbow and others

MOUNTAINEER

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/15/why-3g-pitches-are-being-ripped-up-in-holland-over-health-fears/

Anyone including those with children should read the above article, it does not say all artificial surfaces are unsafe just the possibility that the most popular and most widely used, whatever our personal opinions there is room for discussion.

When I worked in industry many new inventions were introduced into the workplace, on one occasion I detected an adverse response on my skin, investigations showed part of the product mix could lead to leukaemia, I immediately banned it but my employers went behind my back stating it was safe, it wasn't, on that occasion I got dismissed for warning my fellow workers but companies will do anything for profit.

There was another occasion a young lad told me during a meal break he felt ill, I asked him what job he was doing, he told me, I replied that the last time he did that job he felt ill, investigation showed the machine he was using was leaking cyanide, we stopped using it, I requested that it got scrapped, oh no I was told we may be able to sell it to someone else, again I was in trouble because I climbed onto the forklift truck and flattened it end of story again except I was again in trouble.

Those are just two stories,  believe me there are more, I mention them because 3g is big business so if people are concerned about their loved ones they shouldn't believe everything big business tells them.

PLEASE READ THE STORY REFERRED TO PERHAPS CHANGING THE 3G CONTENT COULD SAVE A LIFE. WHO KNOWS I have been out of the industrial scene for nearly 16 years. Times change.

This fear is not new.... and was raised almost from the first time rubber crumb was used.

They keep finding that a greater number of children with these cancers have had contact with these surfaces.

If / when the link is proved they will all be gone for sure.

It is also widely used in the construction of the modern football pitch, there is not a lot of soil in them these days.