Cornwall Football Forum

Saturday 8th October 2016

Im afraid the wheels are off,and the Club are in decline.

All that is happening is this stupid penny pinching,non-contract and loan idea,which means no continuity amongst the players.

As soon as a player settle's in the side ,his loan is up and off he goes ,and in comes another one.

Think the players are aware,with what is happening with the Club,and are finding it difficult to get motivated.

What a difference from last season and we all know why. 

You might call it penny-pinching Somersetspur but others would say it's living within your means. It's high time that clubs only spent money generated from football activities and not rely on wealthy benefactors. It really annoys me that a some supporters want more money pumped into a club whilst, at the same time, complaining about a rise in admission prices! It's about time football stopped being subsidised, particularly now when the standard of local football has declined so much over the last 20 years.

This is certainly not a case of 'penny-pinching'.  The club is being run on the correct financial lines, the first time this has been the case for many years. You people on here who criticise have never run any kind of business, let alone a successful one, so you do not have the first idea on the pros and cons of business. Just remember the state of Truro City just a few years ago, the club was just hours away from folding. Truro City FC aill continue to be run correctly,  get used to it .

12 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

This is certainly not a case of 'penny-pinching'.  The club is being run on the correct financial lines, the first time this has been the case for many years. You people on here who criticise have never run any kind of business, let alone a successful one, so you do not have the first idea on the pros and cons of business. Just remember the state of Truro City just a few years ago, the club was just hours away from folding. Truro City FC aill continue to be run correctly,  get used to it .

Thanks for that update ,Pete,on how to run a football Club.

Is there any chance of any news on SilverBow,and when construction of the new Stadium will start.?

Never-Pay-Never I agree with you in principal regarding a Reserve Team, but how would you suggest it's financed? Bearing in mind the amount of money SWPL clubs are paying players and presuming you would not want to reduce the budget for the 1st team. For any changes that cost money you need to explain where it will come from.

Goldeneye,so Pete is building a Club for the future then.?

Or is he securing his future.?

There are many opportunities within a football Club,to increase finances,except just home games.

The Supporters Club can hardly raise a whimper,let alone finance.

Why dont the OSC get a quiz team together and get down to the Railway Tavern on 24th October,and learn how to raise funds.

Why is that football club shut for 99% of the time.?

Why is there no PR Manager,or Commercial Manager,or CEO.? These people are vital to a successful club.

And I could go on.

You always do go on! If your going to run a reserve team, tell us how much it would cost each season to run one? When you start fundraising for one you need to have a target surely? It will obviously take you some time to produce costings, so I look forward to seeing what you come up with.:)

Take a leaf out of Penzance's book. Starting at the bottom and working their way up. It might be a long and bumpy road but results like yesterday make all the sweat and toil worth it. It might only be Trelawny League but the club will get some extra revenue, maybe not on the scale to cover the first teams expenses but every little would help.

4 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Run correctly you have ripped the soul out of it Masters !!!!

Somersetspur you missed an opportunity with Jan 1st 2017 falling on a Sunday,  the 2nd will be a Bank holiday so already 2 days lost before a start can be made, then there could be a mid season break should mid winter weather play it's part.:thumbsup:

I think it unwise for Truro Postie to underestimate the business knowledge of the club's supporters, I have operated for and negotiated with some of the world's top industrial companies producing products far more useful to society than pulling pints and running a few night spots. I am also aware there are many supporters who are wiser and better educated than me.

None of you people seem to understand the challenges that present themselves when running a football club at this level.

Finances must be the prority. Without a solid financial base, nothing can happen. Things cannot happen overnight,  major projects such as new grounds etc take a lot of time and money, so I believe TCFC supporters should be patient and show some faith in the people at the top who are making the decisions.

If there are people who do not like this, the answer is easy.  Let's the colour of YOUR money. It's easy to snipe and criticise, but if you think YOU can do better, put up or shut up.

23 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

None of you people seem to understand the challenges that present themselves when running a football club at this level.

Finances must be the prority. Without a solid financial base, nothing can happen. Things cannot happen overnight,  major projects such as new grounds etc take a lot of time and money, so I believe TCFC supporters should be patient and show some faith in the people at the top who are making the decisions.

If there are people who do not like this, the answer is easy.  Let's the colour of YOUR money. It's easy to snipe and criticise, but if you think YOU can do better, put up or shut up.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz