Downderry Rovers P-P Royal Par - Lanreath's Rally Park declared unfit

Holmans Cruisers 0-3 Perranporth

St Agnes Bolsters 3-0 Lanreath

St Dennis 11-0 Halsetown

Wadebridge Town 9-0 Threemilestone

For further info check the CVL websites:-

http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?divisionseason=521096093&league=2165125

http://www.cornwallveteransleague.co.uk

WADEBRIDGE  (5)  9   Hodge 28' 36' 66'  OHagan 22' 83'  Rapsey 45(pen) 90(pen)  Latham 39' Thompson 63'

THREEMILESTONE (0) 0

Another beautiful hot and sunny morning at Bodieve!! Too hot really!! Bout 22c*!!! Too hot for vets football that is!!! After my too late arrival to don my usual first half linesman flag I was told we were still 0-0 after a few keeper heroics and missed chances. We soon found our scoring boots with 4 goals in less than twenty minutes. DannyO got us off the mark with that bullet head he's got followed by a brace from Hodgie, in his first game for a long time!! Class is permanent as they say!! Still got dynamite in that right boot! Goal of the game though was from midfielder Steve Stinky Latham who skipped through three tackles to blast home!! I was still sitting on the bonnet of the car with the long suffering wife Rach drinking my Costa latte when we were awarded a spot kick right on half time!! Forgot about the rolling sub rule when player/manager Thommo beckoned me onto the pitch!! I'm usually pretty confident with pens only having missed 4 in my life out of about 200 but I had a bad feeling stepping up not even having done so much as a stretch or kicked a ball since last Sunday! Lucky for me the keeper went the wrong way and the ball kissed the inside of the post on the way in!! With that ref Steve Tootle blew for half time and I strolled over and finished my Costa!! Rolling sub rule..weird but like it!!! ?  Threemilestone were a different proposition at the start of the second half and had a really good 20 minute spell with Jim hitting the bar from a 25 yard free kick, reckon Clarkey had it covered though! ?  We eventually got back to it with a fine individual goal from Thommo rounding a couple of defenders and the keeper before shooting in off a post. Hodgie rolled back the years to complete a debut hat-trick which gave me the chance to come on for my usual last 25 minute cameo. More than enough with the state of the knee these days!!! DannyO took advantage of the rolling sub rule as well by coming back on after spending half hour watching his boy play on the adjacent pitch and duly netted his 2nd of the game within minutes. We were then awarded another pen by excellent referee Mr Tootle ?  and Thommo and the lads were very kind to me once again by letting me have it. I don't usually like taking two pens in one game but I changed it a bit and went for power and luckily the ball went in the top corner and the keeper the wrong way again with the last kick of the game!!! 1999 goals and counting!!! All a bit humbling really all the good wishes from both teams at the end. Nice to see some old mates from the TMS team, good lads been together years. Off to Nottingham Center Parcs the next time we play I think so might have to wait a while for that 2000th goal, hope the knees last out until then under the 19 stone of pressure!!! ??⚽️