Cornwall Football Forum

SILVERBOW.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it'.

I too have read Voltaire's lengthy rant, and must mention that most of his points are at least misinformed, more probably made to cause trouble.

Again we have someone who has no knowledge of what is occuring at the club , someone who has no financial clout to make a difference - yet feels he is free to make these ridiculous comments on a public forum.

I am getting tired of telling you people to be patient, to be quiet and sit down. The club is in good hands, and you need not worry about the future,

On 15/10/2016 at 22:26, grim reaper said:

This morning the proposed build drawings were posted on the club website,seeking comments.It has since been removed.It was somewhat late to seek opinions as we were told the drawings had already been submitted for approval.Call me cynical but it would appear the upper management were not in agreement of the drawings going on the website,hence their removal.Add it to today's pasting,someone is not a happy chappy tonight.

Not sure if they have been on, off but would appear to be on now

19 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

'I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it'.

I too have read Voltaire's lengthy rant, and must mention that most of his points are at least misinformed, more probably made to cause trouble.

Again we have someone who has no knowledge of what is occuring at the club , someone who has no financial clout to make a difference - yet feels he is free to make these ridiculous comments on a public forum.

I am getting tired of telling you people to be patient, to be quiet and sit down. The club is in good hands, and you need not worry about the future,

You've probably seen that TREYEW 1970's response to you wasn't particularly constructive, but why do you consider Voltaire's posting to be a "rant"?

Surely it's realistic to understand why everyone is getting impatient and edgy when from the outside, the club seems to take one step forward, but two backwards.

You have to admit the latest suggestion by Helical to possibly make monies available for the Stadium for Cornwall was a strange one!

52 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

Didn't sound like a rant to me, more like a constructive list of points.

Can you point explicitly to one point (or maybe more) that is misinformed?

52 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you need not worry about the future.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you please provide any information to confirm that.?

Because that is what, people are asking.

All we get is be patient.

Patience is wearing thin.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not sure if they have been on, off but would appear to be on now

You've probably seen that TREYEW 1970's response to you wasn't particularly constructive, but why do you consider Voltaire's posting to be a "rant"?

Surely it's realistic to understand why everyone is getting impatient and edgy when from the outside, the club seems to take one step forward, but two backwards.

You have to admit the latest suggestion by Helical to possibly make monies available for the Stadium for Cornwall was a strange one!

Thought this forum was run by you Dave not TCFC?

4 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

9 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Truro Postie:- I'm not the most prolific of posters, and I'm afraid I've got too many things going on in my life at the moment, so I won't be getting into a slanging match, but I will just add the following in my defence : -

I can assure you that I am patient, am usually quiet and I'm certainly sitting down while I compose this post !  Is it not what these Forums are for ? To voice our opinion ? What's the point of having them otherwise ?

I appreciate the comments on here that have been made about my post, and am pleased that most of them concur with what I have said - and this is also the general concensus of most supporters at present when I speak to them ( and I do speak to a lot, both at games and elsewhere ).

I'm not biased or taking sides with anyone, but am just saying it as I see it. I know like most supporter's I am not 'inside' the club, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say - and the taste coming out at the moment is not ideal ( especially the Public Relations side of the menu, as so often happens to a club when it has to rely on just one or two people to keep it afloat ! ) - I'm not saying the club is not in good hands, or that the future is entirely bleak,  but just basing things on the physical evidence that has taken place, especially this season - and this is why I stand by what I have posted.

Volty.

9 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

What I have said...or what everyone has said (?)

You seem to be (or close to) who everybody is thinking you are (?)

So you can end this speculation by giving out the information that would end it all.

Until that happens, the rumour mill will grind on.

NB And remember, not everyone spends all day counting their money, so jump down off your wallet, and stop going on about needing money to comment on your situation.....because it is your situation - not ours.

TruroPostie, you really can't blame people for feeling all doom and gloom with things concerning Truro City at the moment. There isn't much to shout about on the pitch, and we aren't getting any news or information off it to make anybody feel more upbeat. I do think people are trying to be patient. But the problem is this has gone on for a long time now and it doesn't look/feel like there will be an end to it anytime soon. I think people do appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes, or at least they should do as I'm sure it's a job not many of us could do. But at the same time you've got to see where most of the people on this forum are coming from. For all those that support TCFC, I hope it gets sorted ASAP and we get a new stadium so we can all look forward.

I may be wrong but I have not seen any press releases that would suggest that helical/jil have even purchased the freehold land that has been earmarked for the new silver bow ground.If anyone knows the Co ordinates for the said parcel of land,a land registry search will confirm the land owners.I would imagine that helical/jil had a time limited option to purchase the land but have not progressed through to purchase as we stand and the time limit must be fast approaching as most likely it would have tied in with planning condition time scales.

On 10/19/2016 at 17:09, TruroPostie said:

And all this nonsense about Truro City not congratulating Taunton is ridiculous. You don't see Southampton congratulating Liverpool, and they have 5 or so ex-Saints in their team.

Well,it is nice of TCFC to wish St Albans luck in the 1st round of the F.A Cup,next week.

Shame they dont wish some of their ex players,good luck.

SOUR GRAPES.??????????????????????