Cornwall Football Forum

SILVERBOW.

On July 18th 2016,Dave Deacon,posted.ALL GO FOR SILVERBOW.

The Chairman,also said around this time,if we want to move in to the New Stadium for the 2017-18 season.Construction must start no later than October 1st.

Since that announcement,there has been nothing.October 1st is upon us this Saturday.

Rumour has it,that there are problems between,the Club and Helical Bar.

But on the other hand,since July we have heard that the S4C got the green light for the go ahead.

I have been working out at Langarth,and the re-developement of the Park and Ride which was included in their Planning Application,has started.

It looks like the S4C is progressing a lot faster than SilverBow.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lot are so negative and pessimistic. Helical are like any business, They want to get away with spending as little as possible and at as slow a rate as possible. The problem is they are tied to a very strict and tight contract. Silverbow WILL be built and they will pay. It may take legal action or the threat of it but they have no way out.

14 minutes ago, russellkeeble said:

they are tied to a very strict and tight contract. Silverbow WILL be built and they will pay. It may take legal action

I'm not sure I understand why it will take legal action if there is a contract in place. This comment suggests there is a problem and could be a further delay. I thought it was interesting that when the direct question was asked by BBC Radio Cornwall a few weeks ago as to when the work should start that there was no date mentioned apart from something like "preferably before January, otherwise there will have to be temporary buildings put up".

Surely it's in the best interests of Helical to start the work asap so that they can then develop Treyew and interest possible tenants for there, or then again, is this another problem - no interested businesses?

Perhaps you can enlighten us all Russell?

I do understand that the problem,is with Helical Bar.

It is true that they are stalling.

The rumour is for that,is Helical Bar never tied down any real people for the Retail Park at Treyew Rd.

It is now understood that these Retail firms have idea's of going some where else.

Russell ,is indeed right to say,they have to finance SilverBow,but if they got no finance for Treyew Rd,coming in,no wonder they cannot procede.

So if,building work may start before January. Where does that leave TCFC next season.

If we go down the legal route,how long will that ,take.?

Russell Keeble,this is not being negative,its Truro City supporters,being concerned about the future of our Club.

As a Supporters Club Official,would'nt it be a good idea to get some meeting's going and putting question's to the Club.

Because at this rate,the S4C will be built with the Pirates playing Premiership rugby,before SilverBow,gets going.

The contract will be time limited though wouldn't it?  When does Helical's option to develop as grated by JIL expire?  If Helical cannot attract Retailers then what we need is a new owner or consortium who can step in and rent or buy the land back from JIL.  Once they know its not viable for Retail with the planning restrictions placed on it they could well  be willing partners.

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

If Silverbow construction begins on 1st.Oct !-is it viably possible to have ground in place ready to play on for next season?

bearing in mind The National League will need to sanction the new ground by 31st.March

Will the ground share with Torquay be re organised or perhaps renting Treyew Road?

All the same questions,that were being asked 12 months ago.

We are no further forward.

If only the Club would call some sort get together of fans,and tell us exactly what is happening.

Are the OSC also in the dark,or are they asking questions,but getting no answer's.

Who know's.Its just another PR disaster.

What's JIL?

In the 1970s when Falmouth Docks lost their Sports Ground, employees (fans in Truro's case) worked from first light in the morning until pitch black at night to ensure their new Leggo Park (rented from a farmer) was up to Combination League standard.

My opinion is they treat the fans like mushrooms , you know keep them in the dark feed them on cattle poo ,  lots of questions for the True  Truro  supporters  hope for your clubs future it works out  , but from the outside it doesn't look good , I know Russell keeps putting a spin on what comes from the club , and hopefully he is right  for future of Your C!ub , but if it was my club I would be very concerned  and be seeking  answers  .

20 hours ago, russellkeeble said:

You lot are so negative and pessimistic. Helical are like any business, They want to get away with spending as little as possible and at as slow a rate as possible. The problem is they are tied to a very strict and tight contract. Silverbow WILL be built and they will pay. It may take legal action or the threat of it but they have no way out.

Don't think fans are being negative just concerned for Their club , legal action would take time and money   the owners need to come clean and let everyone know what is happening  especially next season  ,. In truth I think  both Tisa and the Osc  needs clarity  what is going on   so you can all plan for the future  , or as older says  see you all at Malpas , mind you can remember playing when you had a third team. Mainly youngsters playing there .

We see the big problem at the Football Club,on these very pages.

When Truro fans ask serious question's because of their concerns,for the future of the Club.You get Russell's reply.

That is also the problem ,with the Official Supporters Club.No real questions put to the Chairman.

Now you see why TISA and other fans,are ignored.

A open meeting for ALL fans is what is needed for some serious questions,to be put to the Chairman concerning the Clubs future.

Will it happen.?????????????????????????????????????

• 2 weeks later...

So SilverBow has been delayed until January 1st because of problems with the Council.

Helical Bar has problems with the Treyew Road Retail Park.

So what is their plan of action.?

Lets legally challenge the Langarth and S4C Developement,and delay or stop their project.

These people are in the gutter,and IF Truro City have anything to do with this,its disgraceful PR to say the least. 

The Council officers have cocked up  these Retail developments in the Truro area by giving them ALL the green light for go when some were not recommended by their planning advisers--Langarth, Willow Green, Maiden Green, Treyew Road and The Old Oak Tree site.

It seems that the retail market are picking and choosing where to set up and jumping from one to the other.

14 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

So every one is happy to finance this challenge.

There was enough who ha,on here about Cornish tax payers paying for the S4C.

I don't think anyone is "happy to finance" anything!

An added problem for the TCFC development is possibly the financing anyway.

£1.5m allegedly original budget, however for it to meet ground grading etc would be more realistically £3m!

Does anyone actually know anyway who's got the contract for the work. All this cafuffle must be very annoying for anyone working out timescales etc.

If the work isn't going to start until January, Peter told BBC Radio Cornwall a couple of months ago that this would mean "temporary" buildings going up. Presumably to meet FA deadlines for next season - more expense in long run presumably.

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/stadium-for-cornwall-scheme-branded-flawed-by-firm-behindtruro-city-fc-s-new-silver-bow-ground/story-29802048-detail/story.html

Read this piece. This Helican group is now saying the money they were going to put into Silver Bow could be used towards the S4C and the clubs could groundshare.

Personally *I think it is a way of getting TC afc a ground on the cheap as Helican will not be making money out of this deal as it has taken them so long to get planning on Treyew Road. 

16 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/stadium-for-cornwall-scheme-branded-flawed-by-firm-behindtruro-city-fc-s-new-silver-bow-ground/story-29802048-detail/story.html

Read this piece. This Helican group is now saying the money they were going to put into Silver Bow could be used towards the S4C and the clubs could groundshare.

Personally *I think it is a way of getting TC afc a ground on the cheap as Helican will not be making money out of this deal as it has taken them so long to get planning on Treyew Road. 

And what makes this even more comical,is Masters said he did'nt have anything to do with Helical's legal challenge.

Then this comes out,has he anything to do with this idea.?

One thing looks certain,SilverBow is dead in the water.

Masters will fight tooth and nail against that option as it means he ends up with no assett (ground) to sell on to make his profit.  In my opinion it makes no difference to him what is best for Cornwall or TCFC. It's what benefits him that determine his strategy.  

It does look like the legal challenge is the last chance saloon for silver bow because the Council would accept their offer to fund TCFCs tenancy at S4C leaving TR free to be developed.  Of course they still need to attract retailers hence the legal challenge.

So here is the update of the fiasco called Truro City Football Club.

TCFC partners Helical Bar put in a legal challenge on the Langarth project.

TCFC Chairman say's this legal challenge will not affect the construction of SilverBow,and will continue the project.

TCFC partners Helical Bar announce that they are prepared to talk with S4C , with the possibility of a groundshare and could provide funds.

INOX replies,that they have always kept the door open for TCFC/Helical Bar,but futrure discussion's would be difficult with a legal challenge in place.

No comment from TCFC Chairman.

Another big question,is to Russell Keeble and the rest of his OSC,in these very uncertain times,and the future of the Club in turmoil,are you asking question's?

Because you need to be.

You are the Official voice of the supporters.

Inox response to recent comments made by Helical Retail

We believe that West Langarth, combined with the £2 million on the table from Truro & Penwith College, is still the best way to deliver the funding required to build the Stadium for Cornwall because it offers a private sector solution. 

We have always been open to dialogue with Truro City Football Club and if Helical Retail are prepared to co-fund a multi-use Stadium, rather than duplicate facilities by building another ground across the road at Silver Bow where they are struggling to satisfy their planning timetable, then that is something we are prepared to discuss. 

But the prospect of any talks is made very difficult by Helical’s ongoing threat of judicial review.”

Posted Yesterday11th by Stadium4Cornwall

If Helican throw in their lot and both sides agree to go for the one stadium, the S4C then where does this leave Mr Masters? His land at Silver Bow would not be sold and built on and he will have effectively lost up to £1M on the club.

You have to feel some pity for the chap, stepping in to save the club, using his own money to keep it going, then to be sidelined by these companies.

31 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

As I understand it, Truro City have a legally binding agreement with Helical for them build a replacement stadium at Silver Bow. So the whip hand seems to lie with Truro City / Masters.

Helical Bar have a legal binding to build a new stadium,is true,but I do believe there was a limited fund of £3.8 million for the Stadium.

That was the rumour.

So if what Masters say is true and the cost for SilverBow is rising to £6 million,and Helical only funds £3.8 million.

We have a problem.So is this another reason why Helical and Masters are at a stand off.

There was a planned meeting yesterday at 16:00 between the two parties so maybe some news soon.

1 minute ago, The Soup Dragon said:

Does the £6m include repayment of Director's loans? Ultimately TCFC needs it's own home. S4C is a solution to an immediate problem but not the answer

Agree.

It makes you wonder what Helical bar are up too.

Because all they have done is issued a legal challenge,then offered possible funds to the people they are challenging,for a possible groundshare.

Very strange.

Makes that meeting yesterday ,very interesting.

This morning the proposed build drawings were posted on the club website,seeking comments.It has since been removed.It was somewhat late to seek opinions as we were told the drawings had already been submitted for approval.Call me cynical but it would appear the upper management were not in agreement of the drawings going on the website,hence their removal.Add it to today's pasting,someone is not a happy chappy tonight.

On 15/10/2016 at 22:26, grim reaper said:

This morning the proposed build drawings were posted on the club website,seeking comments.It has since been removed.It was somewhat late to seek opinions as we were told the drawings had already been submitted for approval.Call me cynical but it would appear the upper management were not in agreement of the drawings going on the website,hence their removal.Add it to today's pasting,someone is not a happy chappy tonight.

But the plans ARE on the website

No Dave I have not gone away. I was just sitting back and watching all the stupid trolls re-gurgitating all the same old rubbish. Come out into the light, stop hiding behind pseudonyms and come down the club on match day and support Truro. It is all the misinformation and twisting of facts that turn off people from coming to watch Truro. If people are so fickle that they cannot support their team through good and bad then they are not fans. It is still early days in the season and Truro may not get into the playoffs so you will win your bet Dave, but they will be here next season and there will be a new ground to play on, even if Helical delay the building of it. 

If you are so sure Pete Masters cannot run the club, why don't you come up with the money to buy it and show us your brilliant ideas and skills. The simple answer is you had your chance when Truro was going bust but you sat back and were willing to see the club disappear. At least Pete and Kit saved the club, put in their money and have come up with a business plan to ensure the club will be around for many years to come. If I had the money I would happily invest in the club, not to make money but to ensure its future.My contribution is to be there to support the club through thick and thin, have a moan and groan when things are going poorly and say what the club should be doing on and off the field as all fans do, but that does not mean I am right. 

So get off your hobby horse and come down and support the club. See you on Saturday and you can tell me face to face I am wrong!!

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Hardly surprising,but it looks like the Truro Postie,has told his close friend,Russell Keeble,that Truro Postie will do all the talking.

Cheerio Russell.

20 minutes ago, russellkeeble said:

No Dave I have not gone away. I was just sitting back and watching all the stupid trolls re-gurgitating all the same old rubbish. Come out into the light, stop hiding behind pseudonyms and come down the club on match day and support Truro. It is all the misinformation and twisting of facts that turn off people from coming to watch Truro. If people are so fickle that they cannot support their team through good and bad then they are not fans. It is still early days in the season and Truro may not get into the playoffs so you will win your bet Dave, but they will be here next season and there will be a new ground to play on, even if Helical delay the building of it. 

If you are so sure Pete Masters cannot run the club, why don't you come up with the money to buy it and show us your brilliant ideas and skills. The simple answer is you had your chance when Truro was going bust but you sat back and were willing to see the club disappear. At least Pete and Kit saved the club, put in their money and have come up with a business plan to ensure the club will be around for many years to come. If I had the money I would happily invest in the club, not to make money but to ensure its future.My contribution is to be there to support the club through thick and thin, have a moan and groan when things are going poorly and say what the club should be doing on and off the field as all fans do, but that does not mean I am right. 

So get off your hobby horse and come down and support the club. See you on Saturday and you can tell me face to face I am wrong!!

There will be a new ground to play on.?     WHERE.?

So who are those people making all the noise at away games.Supporters leaving a sinking ship.?

I have'nt got the money to buy the Club,but if I did I would be like everyone else,and steer clear,until the deal includes a ground.

Your comments about having our chance and sat back and done nothing and was prepared to see the Club disappear,is the sort of comment that sums you and your sort

of people,up,and why there are so many problems.If you knew anything,you know those comments are way off track.

Goes to show the sort of people that are now involved with the Club 

I support the team in my way.I will not spend £13 to watch TCFC at Treyew Rd,as do many others,as attendences are telling you.

Will see you at St.Albans,though.

Oh by the way Russell,I will never stop expressing my opinion,if I think something aint right.

Did'nt think things were right at the start of the season,and I said so and made my predictions.

That looks like ,making some money for TISA's Charities.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

Ahh a newbie,and a first post.

Is this a little pattern,which has appeared on other social media outlets.

DoneShouting.????????

It may be a first post but my motive was only to correct a previous statement on here that the plans were not on the website. I am not a member of tcfc in any way and neither am I a tisa member. But I have watched Truro for several years and will continue to endeavour to correct any facts that might mislead others into making assumptions based on false data.

52 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

There will be a new ground to play on.?     WHERE.?

So who are those people making all the noise at away games.Supporters leaving a sinking ship.?

I have'nt got the money to buy the Club,but if I did I would be like everyone else,and steer clear,until the deal includes a ground.

Your comments about having our chance and sat back and done nothing and was prepared to see the Club disappear,is the sort of comment that sums you and your sort

of people,up,and why there are so many problems.If you knew anything,you know those comments are way off track.

Goes to show the sort of people that are now involved with the Club 

I support the team in my way.I will not spend £13 to watch TCFC at Treyew Rd,as do many others,as attendences are telling you.

Will see you at St.Albans,though.

Oh by the way Russell,I will never stop expressing my opinion,if I think something aint right.

Did'nt think things were right at the start of the season,and I said so and made my predictions.

That looks like ,making some money for TISA's Charities.

I dont doubt that Tisa. have in the past. contributed to tcfc financially and support .  And I suspect the team appreciate their support at away matches now. 

3 hours ago, DoneShouting said:

It may be a first post but my motive was only to correct a previous statement on here that the plans were not on the website. I am not a member of tcfc in any way and neither am I a tisa member. But I have watched Truro for several years and will continue to endeavour to correct any facts that might mislead others into making assumptions based on false data.

I dont doubt that Tisa. have in the past. contributed to tcfc financially and support .  And I suspect the team appreciate their support at away matches now. 

You are correct.TISA was a major player,along with other supporters, in fund raising when money was needed to ensure the next league match went ahead,whilst the Club were in Administration.

Anyone who was around at that time,knows that.

So Pete and Pep can be thankful for that,or else they would'nt have had a Club to buy.

Must admit,I did'nt see Russell around at that time,so maybe he has a genuine excuse for not knowing that.

3 hours ago, DoneShouting said:

Motive - now there's a powerful word.

Been watching TCFC for several years, and felt you had to come on here and correct mis-infrmation - really (!!!) after all these years.

There's certainly a motive for posting, what it is exactly - only you know - I know what I think...... I'll leave it at that.