Cornwall Football Forum

Veterans KO Cup First Round

Sunday 25th September. All 11am ko. Straight to penalties if level after 90 minutes

AFC Western 8-2 Pensilva

Callington Town 0-1 Lanreath

Downderry Rovers 3-1 Holmans Cruisers

Grampound 4-0 Constantine

St Agnes Bolsters 1-4 St Dennis

Halsetown 2-3 Threemilestone

Wadebridge Town 8-0 Royal Par

Wendron 4-3 Perranporth

Click the link below to preview the ties

http://www.cornwallveteransleague.co.uk/knockout-cup-preview-33038

WADEBRIDGE  (2) 8      OHagon 37' 72' 77'  Thompson 56' 63'  Rapsey 83' 88'  Harris 11'

ROYAL PAR  (0)  0

Ref: Steve Tootle  ?

Att :  20 and 2 dogs!

M.O.M: Gerry McGowan (Royal Par)

After a deluge of overnight rain, we were greeted with an early doors rainbow and beautiful sunshine thereafter. Enjoyed watching the first hour from my white plastic patio chair in the home dug out on the top pitch at Bodieve before getting called into the action at 4-0 up! Royal Par were by no means overwhelmed and had a few chances of their own in the first half and were unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. The Bridgers got off to a perfect start when Matt Harris scored a picture volley from Shaun Germans cross field diagonal ping. The next 25 minutes of the match belonged to visiting keeper Gerry McGowan who turned in an inspired performance denying the hosts dangerous front two of Danny OHagon and Derek Thompson time after time with some superb saves and his good friend the woodwork!! Man of the match by a country mile before being beaten by a trademark OHagon header before half time. Wadebridge upped it a gear in the second half making changes at will with a healthy squad of 16 today including Steve Wearne on his debut marshalling the midfield. Player manager Thompson soon found his shooting boots with two good clinical finishes before OHagon followed suit scoring a couple of identical one on ones with McGowan. Super sub Mark Rapsey then scored two headers within five minutes, the first after a superb far post cross from Steve Latham he couldn't miss then a far more powerful one into the top corner from a Thompson pinpoint corner kick for his 1997th career goal in men's non league football. Worth a mention I thought!!! ?⚽️ Nice to see some old Wadebridge legends watching the game, Dave Fred Ferrett, what a player! Tough old defender Roger Franks, along with Barry Cudmore, Sasha Wheatman and Johnny May all looking in.  Well spirited match to play in and well reffed by Mr Steve Tootle, nice to see some old team mates from Royal Par, top bunch of lads. ??

Hi Bob, good to catch you yesterday mate, apart from the result of course!!! ?  Home v TMS I think mate? Usually just play the last 25/30 cos of the old dodgy knee. Any more than that seems to make me limp for about the next five days!! Find half hour and loads of ice when I get home I can still just about play!! Looking forward to that walking football!!! ?  If I'm lucky enough to get a couple next week I'll come off and save the 2000th for another day so I can get the invites out!! See you at the County Youth match next Monday hopefully if not before mate ⚽️

Thankyou Brian!! Much appreciated but It's not actually as good as it sounds! I've been playing men's football since I was 13! I'm 49 now!!! Probably lost a few seasons through some pretty bad injuries but reckon I've played about 32 seasons!!! Plus I've been really lucky to have played in some brilliant teams over the years with awesome players setting me up for chance after chance!! Probably missed another 2000 to be honest!! Haha! Enjoyed every minute though thanks ⚽️??

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Hi Bob, good to catch you yesterday mate, apart from the result of course!!! ?  Home v TMS I think mate? Usually just play the last 25/30 cos of the old dodgy knee. Any more than that seems to make me limp for about the next five days!! Find half hour and loads of ice when I get home I can still just about play!! Looking forward to that walking football!!! ?  If I'm lucky enough to get a couple next week I'll come off and save the 2000th for another day so I can get the invites out!! See you at the County Youth match next Monday hopefully if not before mate ⚽️

Rappo - see you at County match if your only 'planning' the two next week. Make certain you let everyone know when at 1999 as there are so many that want to see you get to the landmark 2000!!!