Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Fixtures - 10/9/16

Trelawny League Rules 2015/16

CLUB COLOURS, CLUB NAME
a. i. Every Club must register the colour of its shirts and shorts with the Secretary within 14 days of the Annual General Meeting who shall decide as to their suitability.

ii. Goalkeepers must wear colours, which distinguish them from other players and the match officials.

No player, including the goalkeeper, shall be permitted to wear black or very dark shirts

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Trelawny League Rules 2015/16

CLUB COLOURS, CLUB NAME
a. i. Every Club must register the colour of its shirts and shorts with the Secretary within 14 days of the Annual General Meeting who shall decide as to their suitability.

ii. Goalkeepers must wear colours, which distinguish them from other players and the match officials.

No player, including the goalkeeper, shall be permitted to wear black or very dark shirts

There it is in black and white! :c:

18 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Surely no team has black shirts

whats the ruling then if a team wears black and white stripes with a black back with a number on it?

Madron wear black I believe? 

I quite like black kits, rather slimming on myself. 

Agreed, silly rule but still a rule. When clubs submit their colours then shouldn't they be notified of potential clashes? Just seems a lack of knowledge or disregard for the rules. 

in all my time playing and watching games, i have never heard so much nonsense about a kit in my life! i am certain that if on matchdays there is a slight 'issue' with the colour of the kit, and no spare / away kit can be used, both captains and the referee get together and state 'you know who your team mates are, and you know who the opposition is, make sure you pass to the right people, and after this talk dont come back with any ' his shirts too dark' rubbish, happy?', problem avoided, or make a massive meal of it, spoil 30 mens afternoons inc the officials, report to the powers that be, and inevitably face the problem dozen of more times over the season....just get on with it!!  

whilst someone mentioned about the power lines, this is a simple ruling isnt it? the same as if playing on an artificial surface? drop ball, EVERY time? not as some officials on here have previously stated when they use their 'common sense', if you use it for that, then why not on kits?!

Drop ball every time? Na. Match control would go out of the window, start stop every few minutes... Bugger that. (For the purpose of certain individuals that are unable to read in context, this is a sarcastic comment, hence the "Na and bugger that". Firstly, you couldn't give a dropped ball for confusion. The officials are considered as part of the game so if they get struck by the ball or a player is confused, play continues). Secondly, if this was the law where a dropped ball could be given for confusion, it would ruin the game as there will me a massive amount of stoppages) 

I reffed a game last season which involved the East Cornwall representative side. They wore black kits. They were all 15/16 years old (so about the same height as me :() you wouldn't believe the amount of times I got passed that ball! I wouldn't put myself in that situation again because it ruins the continuity of the game.

Its a stupid rule (the opinion on here), yes but it's one we must follow as teams and as officials whether we like it or not. Some of you slate referees week in week out about the 'rules', yet now you're openly saying that referees should break those rules... That's exactly what it would be if you allow a team to play in black... Yet that's okay with you? 

Two weeks ago I got slated on here as I allowed someone I'd sent off to run the line (for 8 minutes) because the team had all their available players on the field (the only substitute had come off because he broke his wrist - I weren't going to allow him to run the line)... I used 'common sense' and got slated for it by a few people on here. What's the difference? You want to pick and choose what rules referees can bend for your own benefit/gain because it suits you?! It doesn't work like that.

At the end of the day, if a referee goes to a game and a team is in a questionable kit, if he wants to wear a bib then so be it. That is his choice. But we have been told not to and could face a backlash. That's the bottom line.

Its clear in the rules that teams shouldn't wear black shirts. its also clear that referees must wear black. That's the bottom line I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Dange'rous said:

Drop ball every time? Na. Match control would go out of the window, start stop every few minutes... Bugger that.

I reffed a game last season which involved the East Cornwall representative side. They wore black kits. They were all 15/16 years old (so about the same height as me :() you wouldn't believe the amount of times I got passed that ball! I wouldn't put myself in that situation again because it ruins the continuity of the game.

Its a stupid rule (the opinion on here), yes but it's one we must follow as teams and as officials whether we like it or not. Some of you slate referees week in week out about the 'rules', yet now you're openly saying that referees should break those rules... That's exactly what it would be if you allow a team to play in black... Yet that's okay with you? 

Two weeks ago I got slated on here as I allowed someone I'd sent off to run the line (for 8 minutes) because the team had all their available players on the field (the only substitute had come off because he broke his wrist - I weren't going to allow him to run the line)... I used 'common sense' and got slated for it by a few people on here. What's the difference? You want to pick and choose what rules referees can bend for your own benefit/gain because it suits you?! It doesn't work like that.

At the end of the day, if a referee goes to a game and a team is in a questionable kit, if he wants to wear a bib then so be it. That is his choice. But we have been told not to and could face a backlash. That's the bottom line.

Its clear in the rules that teams shouldn't wear black shirts. its also clear that referees must wear black. That's the bottom line I'm afraid.

you couldn't contradict yourself any more if you tried!!!! so you are publicly stating you do NOT follow the LOTG when you choose to? yet other times you do?

so where there is a ruling where you should do a drop ball you turn and blind eye, as in your opinion 'match control' would go out the window, yet you wont turn a blind eye to something else? where is the constancy with that? your match control would go out the window with multiple decisions and opinions, you need to stick to the laws of the game, or not, but you cant have it both ways which you clearly like to think you can currently!

I'm not even going to bother responding to that. Too much nonsense for me! Learn to read in context! I've since made my opening statement idiot-proof (I hope). Please feel free to re-read. Although I'm sure you're response will require me to explain it more....

And just for the record... If a referee gets confused for a player... Where have you got a dropped ball restart from because that certainly isn't in the LOTG ?? <_<

On 9/12/2016 at 20:52, Sijames said:

Is there any rule on a goal keeper wearing a long or short sleeved shirt? I only ask as I was watching a reply from a few years back in the Italian league where the home keeper went to punch a corner clear amongst 4-5 bodies, hit 'his' forearm, official thought it was his defender and gave a pen..! I know the Italian game is a little dodgy shal we say, but I just wondered if there was a rule for the keepers?

why do car manufactures make cars that can break the speed limit.........................because they can!!!!

I'm not even going to bother responding to that. Too much nonsense for me! Learn to read in context! I've since made my opening statement idiot-proof (I hope). Please feel free to re-read. Although I'm sure you're response will require me to explain it more....

And just for the record... If a referee gets confused for a player... Where have you got a dropped ball restart from because that certainly isn't in the LOTG ?? <_<

now who isnt reading the content?! or do you just not know this rule / chose to turn a blind eye to it? 

3 hours ago, Sijames said:

in all my time playing and watching games, i have never heard so much nonsense about a kit in my life! i am certain that if on matchdays there is a slight 'issue' with the colour of the kit, and no spare / away kit can be used, both captains and the referee get together and state 'you know who your team mates are, and you know who the opposition is, make sure you pass to the right people, and after this talk dont come back with any ' his shirts too dark' rubbish, happy?', problem avoided, or make a massive meal of it, spoil 30 mens afternoons inc the officials, report to the powers that be, and inevitably face the problem dozen of more times over the season....just get on with it!!  

whilst someone mentioned about the power lines, this is a simple ruling isnt it? the same as if playing on an artificial surface? drop ball, EVERY time? not as some officials on here have previously stated when they use their 'common sense', if you use it for that, then why not on kits?!

What've I done wrong exactly? You've lost me.

To answer your point about powerlines (I've never seen a powerline over a pitch; I've seen trees and cables (3/4G), never a power line: try to get someone to risk assess that!), it depends on the scenario. If the ball is in open play, the referee will continue 99% of the time, unless the ball rebounds off a line and goes out of play. If the ball has struck a line/tree/spaceship direct from a restart where it hasn't travelled very far, play will be restarted as per the previous restart, not a dropped ball.

Now, instead of throwing down ridiculous accusations and looking for any opportunity to have a dig whilst making yourself look silly in the process, send me a private message and we'll chat. :) It's beginning to get boring now. The first thread was funny but the more you go on at me, the more monotonous it becomes

7 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

What've I done wrong exactly? You've lost me.

To answer your point about powerlines (I've never seen a powerline over a pitch; I've seen trees and cables (3/4G), never a power line: try to get someone to risk assess that!), it depends on the scenario. If the ball is in open play, the referee will continue 99% of the time, unless the ball rebounds off a line and goes out of play. If the ball has struck a line/tree/spaceship direct from a restart where it hasn't travelled very far, play will be restarted as per the previous restart, not a dropped ball.

Now, instead of throwing down ridiculous accusations and looking for any opportunity to have a dig; instead of making yourself look silly in the process, send me a private message and we'll chat. :) 

no thats fine i quite enjoy this way as it can be seen by others! :yahoo:

so what does it say in the LOTG regarding powerlines? spaceships and other obstacles? drop ball? ignore it? do 1 one week and 1 another? none of these?

17 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm with you B Manning it shouldn't be a problem if clubs stuck to the league's rules, however if two sides turned up, one wearing black somewhere in their kit to suggest to the ref that it clashes with himself - why the FA (whether at national or county level) would penalise the referee for making a common sense practical decision to put on a bib, so that a game can go ahead, is beyond me!

And did you get reprimanded by any one?

Didn't tell anyone. Just used common sense Madron kit was really dark blue and it was clashing. They passed the ball to me twice in the first few minutes.

i didn't know at the time as I was a new ref but really don't see an issue. 

33 minutes ago, Tempo said:

When you stop debating the laws of the game and potential decisions and begin targeting an individual it stops being a debate in my opinion.

if you are having a debate with one person, how can you then say thats targeting someone? maybe its best to actually try and ask my questions to someone / people who are actually interested in having a debate as opposed to those who feel they are being 'targeted'...:o

1 minute ago, Sijames said:

if you are having a debate with one person, how can you then say thats targeting someone? maybe its best to actually try and ask my questions to someone / people who are actually interested in having a debate as opposed to those who feel they are being 'targeted'...:o

Yeah, i'm just not going to bother. Have a good weekend!

I wore a yellow shirt reffing once.... not because of a colour clash but because I wanted too... it was a hot day and I wanted to wear something different to black (I know a goth wearing yellow, shocking ?). I also let players have water breaks when the ball was out of play on that day because it was so hot. And when the ball hit the cable going over the pitch I let it play on.. .... I have to admit I was feeling a bit rebellious that day, but both teams got the game played, no one died from dehydration and the ball hitting the cable never assisted with any goals oh and I never once got the ball passed to me ?

17 hours ago, St Darren said:

Surely no team has black shirts

whats the ruling then if a team wears black and white stripes with a black back with a number on it?

If it clashes with the referee then it shouldn't be worn. Doesn't really matter whether it's front back or side.

11 hours ago, jolzy10 said:

Out of interest having wasted half my life reading this, can a ref wear a bib if needed and not tell the powers to be?? I doubt they have 'Ref' police at every game checking to see if the ref is in a bib or not!!!

There may not be 'ref police' at every game but the referee doesn't know if someone may turn up at any time during the game that may report them.

I think I am correct in saying that officials do not get paid a great deal considering how much their kit costs, inc travel (under subsidised really?), wear and tare on kit and vehicle, time, before during and after the games etc. so, if we all want them to have an alternative top, and it gets put forward to the gods at CCFA why not suggest all clubs each week pay an extra £1 for their official, over the course of a season, say an average amount of games being 30 (cant be far off?), you then have £30+ for a new top, everyone’s happy! This way you’d save potentially punishing clubs to fork out £500 for a new kit, officials would have an alternative colour if needed, and no one would have to worry about random CCFA personnel turning up and giving out slaps on wrists!

Whilst we have a captive audience on this topic discussing / debating / targeting (Tempo:SM_carton:) these things, what is the thought process behind this law / rule about coloured tape on socks? In 50 years of watching football and having witnessed players use gaffer tape, magazines for shin pads, I am yet to see an official get a decision incorrect due to the colour of tape on the socks, at this level I think it is a ridiculous rule / law and one which needs to be changed in my eyes, I am also yet to see any official enforce this on matchdays (maybe they also think it is worthless?).

To be fair Si I felt you were targeting Dave before - but you raise some really good points in your last post.

These ideas should be brought forward, I'm not sure the league officials would be open to the change though - you're right we aren't paid enough considering though haha.

As for tape, I have to admit it seems a redundant law to me - especially at this level and is one that few officials actually bother to follow or check on - right or wrong. 

Sijames - I have seen the 'tape colour rule' applied loads of times and the 'matching undergarment rule' applied. Players having to go back into changing rooms etc. (I have also seen completely different interpretations on overhead cables etc. ) It does often seem pedantic, however if the rules are there why argue - if a ref sets out his standards to teams prior to kick off, move on. 

On the kit debate - League rules say no black kits / FA rules say refs in black and no clashing - why on earth would clubs buy a black / clashing kit - can't be because it's cheap as an Adidas kit??

The coloured shirt situation has nothing to do with the leagues. The leagues are powerless. It is the National FA that stop officials using any colour other than black (unless they are at the adequate level in the pyramid).

As for sock tape... Now, I have to be careful what I say... If I say I just let it be... I will then get bombarded with "Oh you just do what you want".... Therefore I DO think it raises a saftey issue, I DO think it is an important part of law, I DO believe that it makes a massive difference to my refereeing, I DO think it plays a massive part in how the game unfolds and I DO ensure that every player is wearing sock tape which matches their socks in every game. If they didn't, the game would be postponed.

I have seen referees uphold that part of law, I've also seen referees who officiate "In the spirit of the game", that is their clause for using "common sense".

22 hours ago, B Manning said:

Tempo, you will find as you get higher in refereeing that assessors will mark a referee down if he allows different coloured tape and under garments, so although you do not see much change at grass root level it does change the higher you go.

That's understandable, luckily I'm only refereeing every now and then and don't have much intention of refereeing higher unless I give up playing/managing. The higher you go the more pedantic it becomes it seems!

none of the above are yet to give me an explanation as to why teams HAVE to use the same colour tape as their socks, whats the advantage / disadvantage of it all? mediocre ruling at this level, i get it a little bit once you go up the leagues for televised games so it doesnt look to shabby but not on a council pitch when half the socks and shorts between the team wont even match due to them being lost or ill replaced!

1 minute ago, Sijames said:

none of the above are yet to give me an explanation as to why teams HAVE to use the same colour tape as their socks, whats the advantage / disadvantage of it all? mediocre ruling at this level, i get it a little bit once you go up the leagues for televised games so it doesnt look to shabby but not on a council pitch when half the socks and shorts between the team wont even match due to them being lost or ill replaced!

They have to do it because the laws say so! I'm sure though that if the teams at parks level only have one colour tape most referees will let them wear that tape. Its also now the same with ankle protectors too.

I think that in the professional game they feel that only seeing one colour makes quick decisions on offside or throw in decisions.

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

They have to do it because the laws say so! I'm sure though that if the teams at parks level only have one colour tape most referees will let them wear that tape. Its also now the same with ankle protectors too.

I think that in the professional game they feel that only seeing one colour makes quick decisions on offside or throw in decisions.

Preaches about the laws... hasn't actually got a clue what's written....

Take a read of them and no one will need to explain!

you're both officials correct? yet your only answer is 'because the laws say so', but why, what's the reasoning behind it, i cant believe for the life of me it is 'seeing one colour makes quick decisions on offside or throw in decisions.', really, professional full time officials need this to aid them? yet at this level, say a substitute running the line for 10 mins also needs it? ridiculous!:SM_carton:  

9 minutes ago, Sijames said:

you're both officials correct? yet your only answer is 'because the laws say so', but why, what's the reasoning behind it, i cant believe for the life of me it is 'seeing one colour makes quick decisions on offside or throw in decisions.', really, professional full time officials need this to aid them? yet at this level, say a substitute running the line for 10 mins also needs it? ridiculous!:SM_carton:  

The game is so quick and yes they believe it does help them.

I'm not sure what else you want me to say. I haven't said its needed at this level but it should be followed the the letter of the law.

A player should be cautioned for leaving the field of play without permission. It doesn't really affect anyone but it's still a caution just because the law says so.

We don't make the laws we are there to enforce them, the same as the police enforce the laws of the land. I'm sure there are silly laws they don't agree with but can't be seen to ignore them just because of personal feelings.

Who would be a ref? So many laws to abide by , if a ref is seen wearing a different coloured shirt at our level of football he will get In . Trouble with the FA , and we all know there are certain  people around who will tell tales , be it ex refs or players , so we all understand why that can't wear anything apart from BLACK ?   And if clubs know this and leagues stipulate you can't wear black at this level of football why go and buy a black kit ?  And the majority of refs if they were allowed wouldn't mind a change of colour , but as it stands they can't .  If you feel strongly about colours why not take it up with the FA  and see how far you get ,  personally i don't like black as a teams colours just think it is more a rugby thing but then I am old school.

P S ,,,, don't like pink either. , Still old school lol 

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Who would be a ref? So many laws to abide by , if a ref is seen wearing a different coloured shirt at our level of football he will get In . Trouble with the FA , and we all know there are certain  people around who will tell tales , be it ex refs or players , so we all understand why that can't wear anything apart from BLACK ?   And if clubs know this and leagues stipulate you can't wear black at this level of football why go and buy a black kit ?  And the majority of refs if they were allowed wouldn't mind a change of colour , but as it stands they can't .  If you feel strongly about colours why not take it up with the FA  and see how far you get ,  personally i don't like black as a teams colours just think it is more a rugby thing but then I am old school.

P S ,,,, don't like pink either. , Still old school lol 

Just old....pink is the new black  - Gok

One teams goalkeeper on Saturday wore black top black shorts and would you believe black tights , I went over to him and explained the he could not wear Black and could he please change his top, whilst talking to him. I noticed he was not even wearing shin pads I pointed this out to him he replied he was a goalkeeper and anyhow he had not had any problems before. I could not believe what I was hearing, so to all referees reading this please apply the LOAF all you do is make it harder for ones who do the job correctly.

22 hours ago, B Manning said:

One teams goalkeeper on Saturday wore black top black shorts and would you believe black tights , I went over to him and explained the he could not wear Black and could he please change his top, whilst talking to him. I noticed he was not even wearing shin pads I pointed this out to him he replied he was a goalkeeper and anyhow he had not had any problems before. I could not believe what I was hearing, so to all referees reading this please apply the LOAF all you do is make it harder for ones who do the job correctly.

Either he is like iron or thick as two short planks , latter me thinks , perhaps Mr. Manning he fancied giving you the afternoon off  ?