Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Fixtures - 10/9/16

11 minutes ago, Chris wells said:

only a few teams have moaned abtit we've had the kit for four season now and waiting on a new 1 that should b here in a few wks ,its not all black only the back is with big white numbers on it .as for throw inns just throw it to the players facing you lol ,we don't av a prob with passing to the ref its norm the other team we pass to 

and we got it from adidas so must b ok if they were selling it but we've had it four seasons now .got new 1 on way tho 

Yes but remember, a lot of leagues across the UK allow referees to change their colours if needs be. The Trelawny league is strict on only allowing black. Although I've never seen your kit as an issue, if a team is asking a referee to wear a bib or change his shirt then we have a problem. The referee would be the one penalised if they allowed this to happen and they were being assessed.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tempo said:

Yes but remember, a lot of leagues across the UK allow referees to change their colours if needs be. The Trelawny league is strict on only allowing black. Although I've never seen your kit as an issue, if a team is asking a referee to wear a bib or change his shirt then we have a problem. The referee would be the one penalised if they allowed this to happen and they were being assessed.

Correct Tempo and that's because it's an FA Rule that at our level the referee MUST wear black.  If they don't, or agree to wear a coloured bib, they stand in danger of being disciplined.  It's also an FA Rule that black or very dark team strips are not allowed at our level. Just because manufacturers make them doesn't mean the're acceptable and it can be a very expensive mistake if this assumption is made. We will be considering 2 (I think) complaints about the colour of shirts at our meeting on Wednesday and if upheld those particular kits will not be able to be used again.  If any club is in any doubt about the acceptability of a kit they are considering purchasing then early consultation with the League can prevent a whole lot of pain later.

1 hour ago, Tempo said:

As Steve said is all leagues in England below National league level. Mainly because at this level the 4 different colours are provided to them. 

If if we allowed teams to wear black then we as referees will require at least 3 different colours to ensure that we never clash with either side.

11 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Correct Tempo and that's because it's an FA Rule that at our level the referee MUST wear black.  If they don't, or agree to wear a coloured bib, they stand in danger of being disciplined.  It's also an FA Rule that black or very dark team strips are not allowed at our level. Just because manufacturers make them doesn't mean the're acceptable and it can be a very expensive mistake if this assumption is made. We will be considering 2 (I think) complaints about the colour of shirts at our meeting on Wednesday and if upheld those particular kits will not be able to be used again.  If any club is in any doubt about the acceptability of a kit they are considering purchasing then early consultation with the League can prevent a whole lot of pain later.

I did think that this was the case Steve and Dave - but wasn't quite sure if it was an FA rule or just a CCFA rule. When in doubt, it's best to check. I can't think of any clubs other than Aggie who's kit could come into question. Looks like Wellsy's already got a new kit on the way as well so I hope that he clarified that or is lucky enough that it isn't an issue.

1 minute ago, Tempo said:

I did think that this was the case Steve and Dave - but wasn't quite sure if it was an FA rule or just a CCFA rule. When in doubt, it's best to check. I can't think of any clubs other than Aggie who's kit could come into question. Looks like Wellsy's already got a new kit on the way as well so I hope that he clarified that or is lucky enough that it isn't an issue.

Madrid I heard were another one and I'm sure St Ives in the Combo have the same problem.

I also remember Penryn and Falmouth also had this problem a few years ago but has now been rectified.

15 hours ago, Sijames said:

Is there any rule on a goal keeper wearing a long or short sleeved shirt? I only ask as I was watching a reply from a few years back in the Italian league where the home keeper went to punch a corner clear amongst 4-5 bodies, hit 'his' forearm, official thought it was his defender and gave a pen..! I know the Italian game is a little dodgy shal we say, but I just wondered if there was a rule for the keepers?

No!

6 minutes ago, CRD said:

Mmmm, what about looking at you from your right hand side? Won't you look all black then??

I can't imagine that's gonna look too slimming on you and Chrissy Gardener Wellsy!

lol cheeky sod , you only like looking at me from  behind crd hehe . should b fine coz less then 50% black . will look good on you soon lol

1 hour ago, Chris wells said:

this will be are new kit 

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 19.24.43.png

'It's also an FA Rule that black or very dark team strips are not allowed at our level.' tough one here, is this black, no not entirely, but could it be classes as it? yes, could still cause plenty of confusion i believe, keep the receipt!

22 minutes ago, Sijames said:

'It's also an FA Rule that black or very dark team strips are not allowed at our level.' tough one here, is this black, no not entirely, but could it be classes as it? yes, could still cause plenty of confusion i believe, keep the receipt!

\Might depend on the shorts and socks! Unless they're white so we can't see them blended into the background!

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

Ridiculous ruling. Why can't a referee just have a different shirt. 1 shirt or 16 shirts when clubs are struggling enough

surely a bib for 90 mins isn't an issue 

Many referees would wear a different colour shirt.... But the FA says no. That includes the use of a bib... You may think it's just referees being pedantic and/or fussy, but they're not. Referees can get suspended if caught wearing anything other than black without FA permission.

It's not a slight on referees at all. They have to do what they're told and once again it's an example of not using common sense. 

So a game could get postponed because the teams kit clashes with the referees!! There lies the stupidity from the authorities 

Most referees would agree - most of us want to get the game on as well, but why should we risk suspension for a team's carelessness.

I'm not saying you should. I'm saying the authorities have got it wrong. But it needs someone to stand up to them and say this is stupid. Kits cost clubs £300 plus for them. How much is a refs shirt? £30?

find it ludicrous that things get put in place but no one goes back and says, why? 

Mental that a ref would get reprimanded for wearing a bib in order to get the game on whereas in other circumstance it wouldn't 

I'm not saying you should. I'm saying the authorities have got it wrong. But it needs someone to stand up to them and say this is stupid. Kits cost clubs £300 plus for them. How much is a refs shirt? £30?

find it ludicrous that things get put in place but no one goes back and says, why? 

Mental that a ref would get reprimanded for wearing a bib in order to get the game on whereas in other circumstance it wouldn't 

If you genuinely feel strongly about it, get in touch with the Cornwall FA. If it's something that clubs and refs alike want to see, if enough speak out we may see changes in the future 

3 hours ago, Tempo said:

but why should we risk suspension for a team's carelessness.

20 minutes ago, St Darren said:

I don't play anymore mate. Just interested in local football. 

Its just a shame that common sense is not allowed to be used. 

Whats the official reason that refs have to wear black in local football?

I'm with St Darren on this one. Seems an awful lot of palava when actually all that the man in the middle and the two teams want is a game of football!

Would the referee really get suspended - I don't think so and even if he did, well then the people responsible for running our game should perhaps look at themselves and not the colour of a bib!

4 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm with St Darren on this one. Seems an awful lot of palava when actually all that the man in the middle and the two teams want is a game of football!

Would the referee really get suspended - I don't think so and even if he did, well then the people responsible for running our game should perhaps look at themselves and not the colour of a bib!

Yeah I'm with him on this as well, but I'm personally not going to risk it, when we've been specifically told not to - and why should we?

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

33 minutes ago, St Darren said:

I don't play anymore mate. Just interested in local football. 

Its just a shame that common sense is not allowed to be used. 

Whats the official reason that refs have to wear black in local football?

Tradition I think. If you watch most FA Cup games the referee wears black a lot more than in Prem/EFL games.

There was a vote by county officials at FA level a couple of season ago I believe but, they voted against bringing in coloured shirts.

9 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

A referee in Devon was suspended for such offence!

I've heard of a few referees (on referee forums) who have been suspended for wearing bibs and different colour shirts. Also know of a couple that have lost out on their chance of promotion because of it.

Its one of those rules where most find it a bit silly, but it just doesn't get changed :/ The problem is that there are people in seats who no longer play or referee who are the ones making the decisions. They've been out of the loop so long that they don't know what's good for the local game anymore. 

50 minutes ago, B Manning said:

As suggested elsewhere in this post, common sense, yes it's as easy as that , teams do not buy a predominantly black kit problem solved. Dave to answer your comment, referees have been suspended for wearing a coloured top.

And then people wonder why there's a shortage! Even their own side are against them!!! :ninja: You said it - common sense is what's needed.

Sorry Chris you are not allowed to play in skins, also a vest type top is not allowed it must have sleeves , short or long. Dave this law regarding teams wearing a black kit has been around for as long as I can remember, so it is the teams responsibility when ordering a new kit to make sure it meets the requirement of what they are allowed to wear. So why on earth it has suddenly become a problem I do not know, all I can say is when I was playing in the 60 / 70 s teams did not wear a black kit.

I'm with you B Manning it shouldn't be a problem if clubs stuck to the league's rules, however if two sides turned up, one wearing black somewhere in their kit to suggest to the ref that it clashes with himself - why the FA (whether at national or county level) would penalise the referee for making a common sense practical decision to put on a bib, so that a game can go ahead, is beyond me!

2 minutes ago, wedding280991 said:

I wore an orange bib last season at Madron when refereeing them

And did you get reprimanded by any one?

Why do kit manufacturers make them with a black back then. Absolutely stupid reasons suggesting why a ref can't wear a bib and to blame it on the teams is even worse

no team that I know of has ever worn a black shirt that would clash with the ref. If it does just stick a bib on and tell the authorities where to stick it if they don't like it

13 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Why do kit manufacturers make them with a black back then. Absolutely stupid reasons suggesting why a ref can't wear a bib and to blame it on the teams is even worse

no team that I know of has ever worn a black shirt that would clash with the ref. If it does just stick a bib on and tell the authorities where to stick it if they don't like it

Because elsewhere in the country and in the world, referees are allowed to wear different colour shirts.

If the referees turn up to your game and wear a bib... They are breaking both the laws of the game and the rules of the competition, yet they are the ones that are there to enforce these regulations. It would be hypocritical of the referees to then penalise you for breaking said regulations. 

Personally, I think it is stupid that referees can't wear different coloured tops. I would buy a black one and a yellow one each season and use the yellow if/when required. But, we just aren't allowed. If we were allowed, I can guarantee you most refs down here would be fine with it.

Its a National/County/League regulation that stops us. 

On 10/09/2016 at 22:47, WendronOfficial said:

What is the ruling if it impacts play? 

No difference to the ball hitting the lines that cross the pitch at Rame, Troon and Constantine and possibly Culdrose

Darren taking your point about 300 for a team and 30 for a referee, if you multiply the 30 by the number of referees who would need to buy the new shirt then there possibly would not be a lot in the total cost. But the answer is so simple, teams do not buy a kit which does not comply with the League and FA laws. Result , no problem.

As you Darren are so adamant that the referees change and not the teams who go out and buy a kit which does not comply with League/FA  laws please could you get onto the CCFA and try and get it changed for us, I look forward to hearing the reply you get and hopefully they agree with you and we can use different colour shirts when needed. Shall I expect to hear from you very soon.

If the teams just stuck to the rules we wouldn't even be having this pointless debate ??

admittedly, common sense doesn't prevail enough but there's no need for this debate when it's a  league rule, you're playing in that league, so stick to those rules. FA enforced or trelawny league enforced it shouldn't matter.