Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Fixtures - 10/9/16

Trelawny League Fixtures - 10th September 2016

Premier Division

Chacewater v Mousehole Reserves
Pendeen Rovers v Mawnan
St Buryan v Troon AFC
St Keverne v St Day Reserves
Threemilestone v Wendron United Reserves (To be played at Wendron's Rame pitch)
West Cornwall v Lizard Argyle

Division 1

Constantine v St Agnes Reserves
Halsetown v Lanner
Hayle Reserves v Mullion Reserves
Perranporth Reserves v Newlyn Non-Athletico
Stithians v Rosudgeon
Trispen v Marazion Blues

Division 2

Frogpool & Cusgarne v Penwith Exiles
Mabe v Redruth United Reserves
RNAS Culdrose Reserves v Holman SC Reserves
Wendron United 3rds v Illogan RBL 3rds

Division 3

Camborne Town v Mabe Reserves
Falmouth DC v West Cornwall Reserves
Lizard Argyle Reserves v Probus
Newlyn Lions v Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves
St Agnes 3rds v St Just Reserves
St Day 3rds v Ludgvan Reserves
St Ives Mariners v St Erme

Division 4

New Inn Titans v Penzance Reserves*
*(12pm kick off due to ref shortage - well done both teams for sorting it out)
Four Lanes Reserves v Ruan Minor
Hayle 3rds v Stithians Reserves
Madron v Troon AFC Reserves
Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves v Wendron United 4ths

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Prem:

Threemilestone v Wendron will now be played at Wendron's Rame pitch due to Threemilestone's being unavailable. This will still be Threemilestone's home fixture. 

Means we have three football matches, a cricket match and a wedding reception in the clubhouse all going on at the same time at the club. 

Well done to both sides for coming to that compromise!

West Cornwall 4-0 Lizard

Bare bones, people carrying injuries had to play 90, manager even had to come on. Put it down to a bad week from us, but to the guys that put in that performance, I take my hat off. Superb lads. Really showed the depth the squad today. Top effort boys!

Jordan Knuckey 

Jowan Kitchener 

Jay Smith

Og

Can all clubs please note that there is currently an issue with Full-Time SMS messages not being processed (either being sent out, or incoming messages processed) for today's fixtures. This is a nationwide problem and the FA are investigating this at the moment and will restore the service as quickly as possible. I will pick results up from here but please still respond to the SMS messages when the FA get it up and running.

Updated at 18:40

The FA have now resolved the issue with the SMS service and Full-Time is now processing a backlog of outgoing and incoming SMS messages. Clubs should receive any overdue messages during the early evening PLEASE RESPOND AS NORMAL.  Full-Time will process results as they come in.

Edited by Steve Carpenter
FA update

Wendron 3rds 4-2 Illogan 3rds

Hard fought battle at underlane between two committed sides... Wendron pace on break and clinical in front of goal giving them the advantage...thought us at Illogan seen a lot of the ball especially in second half just couldn't finish off our openings but that's football looking forward to the return game at Illogan Park in two weeks cheers to rob and all at Wendron for there after match food much appreciated...

Illogan goals 

Pete Norfolk and Jason rule 

mariners 4 st erme 4.topsy turvy game that swang all ways in which mariners found them selves 4-2 in the 2nd half after bossing most off the first half but in the end the points were shared after Greg Stephens converted a last min penalty other goals by Conner Clark Jason Hawke and a own goal,great spirit from mariners today coming back to earn a point,well done Kieran Abraham who yet again put in a top shift to win man off the match.

thanks to anita for stepping in to referee our game today.

Hayle 3rds 3  Stithians Res 2

Hayle took an early lead following a rebound and doubled it when a long high speculative shot from about 40 yards went over the head of the Stithians goalkeeper.Stithians pulled one back before the break.

A penalty was converted for Stithians to tie the scores and they had a few chances to take the lead but were thwarted by the young home goalkeeper with some fine saves.If you don't take your chances,well you know what happens,a cross from the left was bundled into the net in the last ten minutes.

Great hospitality from Hayle FC before and after the game.

Went to Camborne Tech (as was) to see W Cornwall v Lizard as I wanted to see a live game on an artificial surface, seeing as how Truro are planning to have one. Disappointed to find they played on the grass pitch because "most of the lads prefer to as otherwise they are having to re-adapt to grass every other match". Interesting point of view. I left when W Cornwall were 2 - 0 up, went over to St Day. W Cornwall looked way better than Lizard despite their being so closely positioned in the league.

55 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Played mabe at Penryn college today our scorer was nicky Adams. Shame they keep the wires across the pitch

What is the ruling if it impacts play? 

11 minutes ago, Laity_Boy said:

I thought the Astro turf at Cornwall College wasn't FA approved? Sure I remember it coming up last season during our impromptu winter break. 

I seem to remember that too! 

Frogpool 2-4 exiles 

Hard fought win for us today with 4 crucial starters missing and only having 1 recognised defender to pick from. Exiles Dominated the first half creating chance after chance after chance And playing some decent football on a decent pitch. (2-0) halftime 

The second half started much the same for about 20 adding to the score from the spot. Frogpool started to press slightly higher causing us a few problems and scored on the counter. 10 minutes from time frogpool pulled another back again on the counter making the last few minutes very exciting. Exiles wrapped the game up 2 minutes from time with a great strike from super sub kieran newton!

Very well reffed by Dave Bartlam. Kept controll of the game throughout, and unlike most explained every decision to the players.

Exiles Goals from.

Dan Burt x2

Adam Hopkins

Kieran Newton

11 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

The ref told both teams before the game if it hit the wires we play on.it did stop a few moves for both teams but we did just get on with it.mabe are a good bunch and game played in good spirit and well riffed as well

Predominantly that's what happens. If it hits a line during open play, I continue. If it hits the wire on a restart (free kick, throw in, goal kick) I will blow for a retake depending on the distance between the initial position and impact. So, if it's travelled 20 yards, continue.. travelled a few yards - retake.

@Laity_Boy yeah mate last season it wasn't an FA registered 3G, they bit the bullet and stumped up the £2000 fee (£1800 I believe)

11 hours ago, patch said:

Mawnan beat pendeen 4-1 

i believe Jamie gray scored for mawnan (the keeper)

Not unless he was playing outfield mate, there winger had 2 (although both were scored from 2long punts up field which we didn't deal with )they had a pen plus there striker scored a breakaway goal. 

Div. 4

Newly Non Athletico Reserves (1) 2 -v- 1 (0) Wendron 4ths

Good win for the the home team to make it 3 from 3 and the perfect start. Both sides agreed to referee one half each, which they did with great aplomb. Well done. Newlyn's second goal was indeed sublime, a really nice move with 3 or 4 good passes, and excellent flick for another player to cross and a nice header at full pelt. Great stuff.

Up The Crabs!!

On 10/09/2016 at 20:10, ballsax said:

Fair play Tom, but we prefer to.play on grass as it's our pitch. We only play on the 3g if the weather is extreme and our grass pitch is unplayable! Sorry to disappoint!!! Not sure who gave you that info?!

It was a lad who went to fetch a ball from behind the goal at the opposite end from the factory estate. I was on a wander round the pitch and had also retrieved a ball and handed it to him, which is when I asked the question. Fair play to you all: and looking good after that emphatic win.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 19:12, fudge said:

mariners 4 st erme 4.topsy turvy game that swang all ways in which mariners found them selves 4-2 in the 2nd half after bossing most off the first half but in the end the points were shared after Greg Stephens converted a last min penalty other goals by Conner Clark Jason Hawke and a own goal,great spirit from mariners today coming back to earn a point,well done Kieran Abraham who yet again put in a top shift to win man off the match.

thanks to anita for stepping in to referee our game today.

Probably a fair assessment, although I can't help feeling frustrated that we threw a 2 goal lead away in the last 10 mins of the game, After coming back twice from a goal down in the 1st half courtesy of Paul Hopkinson and Elliott Jolly and then to go 4-2 up in the second half through Stu Williams and Jolly again it really should've been St Erme's first 3pts of the season but wasn't to be.

As a team we need to see games out a lot better - simple as that! Fair play to Mariners though who went for it last 10 and got their just rewards.

See you in two weeks for the cup game!

Newlyn Lions 4-0 Frogpool Reserves

Newlyn thoroughly deserved the win in what was a close game until about the 70th minute.

0-0 at half time, we were arguably the better side and should have had a clear cut penalty. However, in the second half we fell apart.

Now going down the hill we did exactly the opposite of our game plan, forcing the ball instead of being patient and going long - the Newlyn keeper was seemingly unstoppable as well it must be added (definitely MOTM)

Then Lions scored a left footed shot from the edge of the box and then came the Frogpool implosion.

After the second it was game over, and they quickly added  third and fourth goals all of which were excellently executed.

Missing a couple of players is no excuse as we still had a strong 11 out, left feeling disappointed but for me that'll be the hardest game of the season other than Probus away. Newlyn really know how to play on that pitch which really didn't suit us.

Excellent bunch of lads though, best of luck for the rest of the season. If we don't win the league then I truly hope you guys do! Amazing grub in the pub between the four of us who stuck around as well!

On to another tough game down at Mabe this week - desperately in need of 3 points to keep ourselves in the title race. Long way to go yet though.

On 10/09/2016 at 22:54, P.Exiles said:

Frogpool 2-4 exiles 

Hard fought win for us today with 4 crucial starters missing and only having 1 recognised defender to pick from. Exiles Dominated the first half creating chance after chance after chance And playing some decent football on a decent pitch. (2-0) halftime 

The second half started much the same for about 20 adding to the score from the spot. Frogpool started to press slightly higher causing us a few problems and scored on the counter. 10 minutes from time frogpool pulled another back again on the counter making the last few minutes very exciting. Exiles wrapped the game up 2 minutes from time with a great strike from super sub kieran newton!

Very well reffed by Dave Bartlam. Kept controll of the game throughout, and unlike most explained every decision to the players.

Exiles Goals from.

Dan Burt x2

Adam Hopkins

Kieran Newton

I had my reservations about reffing this game due to a few things that have gone on in the past, I'm sure the Exiles guys did also when they saw that I was appointed...

But it was a pleasure! Penwith's attitude both on the pitch and the sidelines has massively improved, that made the task much easier. 

Frogpool's attitude on the pitch was also very good. No major issues at all. Thanks for making my afternoon easier than my morning!

18 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

It was a lad who went to fetch a ball from behind the goal at the opposite end from the factory estate. I was on a wander round the pitch and had also retrieved a ball and handed it to him, which is when I asked the question. Fair play to you all: and looking good after that emphatic win.

Ah OK, I think the chap may have had his wires crossed! I think it's been covered on another thread and it doesn't look like our 3g has been FA approved yet, so we'll be on the grass for the foreseeable future. Perhaps if we have a winter like last season things may change though?!

Thanks for the kind words Tom, the boys have put in some good displays so far, hope to keep the run going. Big season for us this year. Always welcome to come out if you're at a loose end one Saturday! (Apologies for the lack of tea, I know you enjoy a cuppa! Something for us to look into for next year, hopefully!)

Is there any rule on a goal keeper wearing a long or short sleeved shirt? I only ask as I was watching a reply from a few years back in the Italian league where the home keeper went to punch a corner clear amongst 4-5 bodies, hit 'his' forearm, official thought it was his defender and gave a pen..! I know the Italian game is a little dodgy shal we say, but I just wondered if there was a rule for the keepers?

35 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Is there any rule on a goal keeper wearing a long or short sleeved shirt? I only ask as I was watching a reply from a few years back in the Italian league where the home keeper went to punch a corner clear amongst 4-5 bodies, hit 'his' forearm, official thought it was his defender and gave a pen..! I know the Italian game is a little dodgy shal we say, but I just wondered if there was a rule for the keepers?

I believe as long as the colour doesn't clash with the outfield players from both sides and maybe the officials then it doesn't matter if it's long or short sleeve 

All shirts must have sleeves. They can be short or long :) Keepers can also wear tracksuits bottoms and caps (although they should be the same colour as the kit) :)  The lawbook also states that they must have a different colour shirt than anyone else on the field :) 

Well as mentioned, it was late on in the Italian B league, they've been known to be a little care free shall we say! 

On another similar note I watched a trelawny league game at the weekend where the referee wore a bib, why on earth didn't he get the team to change their shirts if they clashed?! Surly the responsibility of the two clubs secretaries to ensure this doesn't happen?

You're correct. Game should have been called off, a kit change or the conflicting team all wear bibs. Under no circumstances should referees wear bibs or a different colour shirt. We are only allowed to wear black unless given permission by the FA (fair few promotions required until you can wear a different colour shirt). Scottish and Welsh (I believe) FA's allow their refs to use different colour tops.

Its all about communication. I was due to referee a game this Saturday where one of the teams where a black and white kit, the back is solid black and the stripes on the front are quite wide. I pointed that out straight away when I received the confirmation email (good effort for an early confirmation). The team representative listened to what I said and offered and alternative straight away. That's how it should be done. :) Prior preparation and planning prevents problems (say that ten times after a few beers). 

3 hours ago, Mangle said:

Last year, we played St Agnes 3rds, and they were wearing the "all black" kit. Ridiculous! I asked the ref to put a bib on, instant refusal. From behind, very difficult to see the difference between the ref and the opposition, especially at throw ins.

only a few teams have moaned abtit we've had the kit for four season now and waiting on a new 1 that should b here in a few wks ,its not all black only the back is with big white numbers on it .as for throw inns just throw it to the players facing you lol ,we don't av a prob with passing to the ref its norm the other team we pass to 

2 minutes ago, Tempo said:

I don't understand why these kits were ever approved in the first place? At some point someone has given the go-ahead.

and we got it from adidas so must b ok if they were selling it but we've had it four seasons now .got new 1 on way tho