Cornwall Football Forum

NLS - Tuesday Sept 6th 2016

Early chance for Truro to bounce back after Saturday's heavy defeat!

Bath City    1-3    Oxford City
Concord Rangers    0-0    Bishop's Stortford
Dartford    2-1    Welling United
Eastbourne Borough    1-2   Maidenhead United
Gosport Borough    1-1    Hampton and Richmond
Hemel Hempstead Town  P-P  Whitehawk
Margate    2-1  East Thurrock United
St Albans City    4-0   Poole Town
Truro City    2-0   Hungerford Town

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Early chance for Truro to bounce back after Saturday's heavy defeat!

Bath City    v    Oxford City
Concord Rangers    v    Bishop's Stortford
Dartford    v    Welling United
Eastbourne Borough    v    Maidenhead United
Gosport Borough    v    Hampton and Richmond
Hemel Hempstead Town    v    Whitehawk
Margate    v    East Thurrock United
St Albans City    v    Poole Town
Truro City    v    Hungerford Town 7.45 pm ko

Still got the same team,same squad,same atmosphere and match day experience.

Hungerford are a better side ,than E.Thurrock,and confidence is low.

Lee will have to work a miracle to get anything out of this game.

I am predicting this from my heart,not my head.  Score draw,1-1.

That will make it 22 games at Treyew Rd,since they last won.

Tells a story,dont it.?

Didn't we beat Hungerford in the Southern League Play Off Semi Final a couple of years back? Isaac Vassell with the header late on at the clubhouse end if I remember correctly. Anyway, within their ranks they now have former professional footballer Nicky Shorey. I've seen him play and he is a quality player, used to be anyway, we'll see if he's still got it tonight. I know it's still early on but Hungerford are just outside the play off's I think, and we are seriously struggling. I'm going for either a score draw like Dave or a Hungerford win. I hope I'm wrong and Truro get the victory.

David, I may not have made it clear it was 21 games home and away that had been played and the home support never saw a WIN but if you include the away friendlies that's 25 games played since the HOME fans last saw a WIN for TRURO, the last home success was on 5th April 2016.

Saturdays opponents Oxford City have their problems, we have been there so I wish their supporters well in attempts to save their club. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37275387

I think home supporters are concerned about all results  and here are the competitive games played by City the Plymouth friendly is shown but the two against Exeter and Torquay are missing as are the four away games so that would explain where my Truro have played 25 games since HOME games only supporters have seen the team win, those away supporters travelling from Cornwall deserve medals for endurance. 

Hopefully we can turn it around this week.

Standings

ENGLAND: Vanarama National League South

03.09. 15:00 Truro East Thurrock 0 : 6  
  29.08. 15:00 Maidenhead Truro 2 : 0  
  27.08. 15:00 Truro Welling 1 : 1  
  20.08. 15:00 Hampton Truro 2 : 2  
  16.08. 19:45 Truro Bath City 1 : 3  
  13.08. 15:00 Concord Truro 0 : 2  
  09.08. 19:45 Gosport Truro 3 : 1  
  06.08. 15:00 Truro  Chelmsford 2 : 2  
  WORLD: Club Friendly
  19.07. 19:30 Truro (Eng) Plymouth (Eng) 0 : 2 L  
  DrawENGLAND: Vanarama National League South - Play Offs
  08.05. 16:00 Maidstone  Truro 1 : 0 L  
  04.05. 19:45 Truro Maidstone 0 : 2 L  
  StandingsENGLAND: Vanarama National League South
  30.04. 15:00 Truro Wealdstone 1 : 2 L  
  28.04. 19:45 Havant & W Truro 0 : 0 D  
  26.04. 19:45 Truro Whitehawk  1 : 1 D  
  23.04. 15:00 Basingstoke Truro 2 : 0 L  
  19.04. 19:45 Concord Truro 1 : 2 W  
  16.04. 15:00 Truro Maidstone 1 : 3 L  
  12.04. 19:45 Truro Weston 1 : 3 L

Goldeneye, I don't mind saying my predictions were wrong. Although you can't really blame people for being a little doom and gloom after the dismal performance on Saturday. Anyway, I posted my thoughts of the game on Tiger Talk. I'll post the same comments here.

On the balance of things I would say it was a really good game. Hungerford looked very threatening early on with the pace of their two strikers evident. They got in behind once or twice with one shot flashing just wide after we were too slow in defence after letting the ball bounce. Other than that, they didn't really threaten all game. Apart from early on in the game, we were very solid at the back. Bentley, Smith, Pugh and Richards all had quality games. We never really looked like conceding. Tom McHale was superb in goal. He dominated his box, taking a couple of really high balls when crossed in. His kicking was good and accurate. He also made one really good save towards the end. It did look as though he almost dropped the ball in to his own net when trying to catch the ball towards the end, luckily he didn't though. But yes, he was sound all game. Going forward we were good as well, and I have to say we looked much better without Rory Fallon in the team. Rocky Neal never stopped running and ran is heart out as usual. Cody Cooke played well and Ryan Brett picked a couple of decent passes out too. Niall Thompson looked ok, just seems to lose the ball too easily despite the pace he's got. But overall there was much more positives than negatives last night. The positives being we were much more clinical in front of goal, our finishing was much better. The second was that the passion and commitment of the players was unreal, They never stopped running all game, and with the crowd getting behind them, it only spurred them on making them work even harder. One of the other negatives is that we lose possession of the ball far too easily. We can never really seem to keep hold of it for very long. Yes we did put the ball in the air a few times as well, but not often enough for me to get pissed of with it like last time.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'll try and remember to remind you two in ten years time too! :c:

I can picture the scene now. I Russell and Older arguing over their Zimmer frames in a Care Home! 

Edited by magpie291
Phone problem

City winning at Treyew, England being murdered on my television, the world's gone mad.

I wasn't one of those who predicted a Truro score line, also I wasn't spreading DOOM and GLOOM, however I did highlight our desperate results situation that went back further than to the time Lee was appointed manager, hopefully bringing our poor run of results out into the open made the team realise we wanted more, swallowed their pride and put in a performance few of us expected.

There are times teams need roasting perhaps Lee did just that but yes the response was FANtastic.

Well done the 406 who turned up following Saturday's debacle.- CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE.

Sorry for not coming on earlier but I have been busy sorting out football trips, getting tickets etc.

Loads of Truro games, 3 Spurs Champions League matches, Eng v Malta, Slovenia v Eng (away), Eng v Scotland it's going to be a busy time, holiday in Portugal and another in the Canary Islands, after all that organising I fell asleep and missed my Truro City updates. YAWN

Come on City.

2 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

City winning at Treyew, England being murdered on my television, the world's gone mad.

I wasn't one of those who predicted a Truro score line, also I wasn't spreading DOOM and GLOOM, however I did highlight our desperate results situation that went back further than to the time Lee was appointed manager, hopefully bringing our poor run of results out into the open made the team realise we wanted more, swallowed their pride and put in a performance few of us expected.

There are times teams need roasting perhaps Lee did just that but yes the response was FANtastic.

Well done the 406 who turned up following Saturday's debacle.- CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE.

Sorry for not coming on earlier but I have been busy sorting out football trips, getting tickets etc.

Loads of Truro games, 3 Spurs Champions League matches, Eng v Malta, Slovenia v Eng (away), Eng v Scotland it's going to be a busy time, holiday in Portugal and another in the Canary Islands, after all that organising I fell asleep and missed my Truro City updates. YAWN

Come on City.

You're a busy boy .

7 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

As usual no post from Somersetspur when his predictions are wrong!

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Dont worry.

Working a 12 hour shift yesterday,did'nt have time to sit on social media all day.

If my predictions were spot on,I would'nt be working 12 hour shifts.:)

Just like an old married couple, you sound such nice boys so why not tie the knot. ❤ ???

21 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Come on City.

Have you won the lottery lol

12 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

I can't take what little I have left with me when the time comes so take advantage of good deals, like going to Slovenia and back for £126 - Portugal's Algarve for £87 and the Canaries for £82 - accommodation is cheap and good night spots near by and no cooking.

Some might say, (not me of course!), that the problem is you keep coming back! ha-ha. Enjoy your times abroad.