Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 2, Chelmsford City 2 - match stats

Truro:
Basso, White, Richards, Adelsbury, Bentley, Pugh (C), Brett, Allen, Thompson (Neal 82), Fallon, Cooke. Subs not used: Hardcastle, McHale, Williams, Afful.
7 attempts: 2 goals (Cooke 5, White 22), 4 saved (Thompson 18, 50, Brett 27, Fallon 43), 1 off-target (Brett 39).
3 offsides, 9 FKs conceded, 3 corners (left 50, right 21, 27)
3 yellows (Cooke 31, Allen 45 and 70),

Chelmsford:
Welch, Miller (Graham 72), Blanchett (Mullings 82), Church, Haines, Bush, Wilmott, Cornhill, Reid (Jeffers 59), Bricknell (C), Daley. Subs not used: Merrifield, Bailey-Dennis.
13 attempts, 2 goals (Bush FK61, Mullings 89), 5 saved (Bricknell 11, 11, Daley 22, 32, Cornhill 57), 6 off-target (Cornhjill 10, 86, Daley 54, Bush 58, Wilmott 74, Blanchett 81).
4 offsides, 10 FKs conceded, 9 corners (left 53, right 40, 56, 57, 58, 63, 81, 85, 90+3).
3 yellows (Haines 21, Miller 42, Church 69).

Ref: Savvas Yianni (Weston-Super-Mare), Assts: Martin Underhay (Weymouth), Philip Eddie (Plymouth).

Gate 502, 50/50 winner 4504 (not claimed). My music quiz which I thought would take a while to be won was that he artist was Australian female rock guitarist/singer Orianthi. (The winner did not come back to claim the prize!)

I thought: 2nd half, Cheltenham successfully bullied the ref and their manager was a foul-mouthed disgrace! Cody's goal: sublime. New 'keeper: touch of the Higuitas about him! Just a touch.....

I posted this on Tigertalk before Saturday's game

" I'm sorry this just doesn't make sense to me, one minute the talk 
is of an Academy and then we are searching Old Folks Homes  Question 

Brazil and Nuts sums up this situation. Tom McHale is GOOD." 

My BEEF is a loyal youngster who has improved tremendously is passed over again, Tom McHale was feted as "Man of the Match" when performing in the preseason friendlies against our more professional England Football League neighbours from across the Tamar.

What does TOM have to do to get the recognition he deserves ?

What are Cornwall's talented youngsters going to think when Truro City says "Come Play For Us" ?

The vision for the future has to be a pathway to the big time if good enough, without a chance we will never know who may be good enough.

At the end of the season I can see Tom McHale buying a tin of Brasso to shine up the medals won elsewhere.

Oh Dear, I have now seen the the video from the Chelmsford game, I don't know who was responsible for building the wall for the first goal but before the ball was kicked and not knowing a goal had been scored in that manner, I expected them to make it 2-1 and sure enough it only needed the  ball to be passed into the back of the net, 

Walls to protect from goal bound free kicks are usually the work of two players the goalkeeper and a designated outfield player, what did Truro do they had their 4 man wall but the goalkeeper could not see the ball from the obvious position to cover the whole goal so he moved out of position and peered around the wall. I am sorry the goalkeeper needs to see the ball from a free kick so it would be better to leave a small gap in the middle so he can see the ball being kicked, any ball coming through the gap would go straight to hand safely, the outfield player  ensures the angle of the wall gives the most protection by being in the right place when viewed from a better angle than that viewed by the keeper even if it means putting an extra player into the wall.