Cornwall Football Forum

Club initiative?

What a shame Truro couldn't do something similar :-

"Kevin Nicholson will be the guest at a Herald Express-Torquay United Pre-Season Curry Night at Newton Abbot's Eastern Eye restaurant on Wednesday, July 27 (7.30pm).

The Gulls' boss will take part in a Q&A session before joining in a between-the-courses quiz. Tickets are £25 per head (for a three-course meal) or £80 per table of four, which will include a donation to a charity of Nicholson's choice. Call 07712 787589 to reserve a place."

EVERY LITTLE HELPS.

Watch the team train on the pitch at Adams Park on Monday!

Posted: Mon 25 Jul 2016 
Author: @wwfcofficial

Wanderers are hosting an open training session on the pitch at Adams Park ahead of the big kick-off in Sky Bet League Two.

Gareth Ainsworth's men will have their annual squad photoshoot before continuing their preparations with a series of sessions in front of the fans on the morning of Monday 1st August. 

The day begins at 10am, when gates to the Beechdean Stand open. Entry to the session costs £5 for adults and £2.50 for under 18s, while supporters also have the chance to join the squad for a light lunch after training for just £10 per person, providing the opportunity to meet the new signings and grab an autograph or photo. 

Tickets can be pre-booked online and supporters looking to book the lunch package must do so before noon on Thursday to ensure availability. There will be the opportunity to pay on the day to watch the photoshoot and training session. 

An approximate itinerary is as follows: 
10am - Beechdean Stand opens 
10.30am - photoshoot begins 
11am - photoshoot ends, training session begins 
12.30pm - training session ends 
1pm - lunch begins 
2pm - lunch ends, all depart

Read more at http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/watch-the-team-train-on-the-pitch-at-adams-park-on-monday-3206333.aspx#sUiqz64gdd0Tfr2h.99

Dave (SSS) - I added the title "Every Little Helps" which I think proves something, it highlights the need to raise cash at EVERY POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY irrespective what level you compete at, the need is there which raises a question mark about similar needs at Truro City FC.

If you go to payments on the header of the Official TCFC website you can sponsor the following players for £150 ???

Arran Dawson - Dan Green - Ed Palmer - Isaac Vassell - Les Afful - Martin Rice -

Matt Wright - Shane Wright - Tom McHale - Wayne Carlisle.

Obviously it is not updated and I think with 3 colours City could exploit the sales if UPDATED minus the majority (7) who have left the White (lst colour) for say £75 the Orange (2nd colour) £50 and the Blue (3rd colour) £25 All 3 colours £125 - I think there may be more takers.

The top clubs in football employ people full time to raise funds for the benefit of the club so I fail to understand the lack of interest when it comes down to clubs with unsustainable attendances. - Saying this I expect to be accused of being NEGATIVE.

3 hours ago, russellkeeble said:

Mountaineer thanks for the heads up.What you have said is not negative but a good idea. I will pass it on.

Hello Russell. - We do appear to be later with this type ofr sponsorship than in previous years.

Below is a paragraph from a previous posting of mine on 02nd June 2016 on Tigertalk (I know the club hierarchy reads that forum).

What surprised me was the lack of communication or interest in what may have been advantageous for the club, the discount for Supporters Club members could have been used as a carrot to pay the 8% mentioned.

I Posted -

"I was going to suggest a finance company who has joined up with a number of Football League and National League clubs to provide finance for season tickets with an initial 8% charge payable with the first of 10 equal monthly payments allowing supporters to spread the cost unfortunately as I am barred from the official club website (NO REASON GIVEN) I like many others, am unable to pass on what may be useful information to benefit the club and it's supporters."

Wycombe Wanderers are one of the Football League clubs using the above mentioned scheme and details appeared on the WWFC.Co.UK website. Perhaps something to bear in mind for next season if too late now although I think there is still time for this year even though it is 2 months since I mentioned it.