Cornwall Football Forum

info from packhorse, carlyon arms, colan, foxhole, luxulyan etc sunday clubs

Guest THE BEAVES

Guest Postie Pidge

Right. The ball from a goal kick MUST go out of the area. From a place kick, even a pass to a team mate the player must not touch the ball until it leaves the area.

Carlyon Arms 1--1 Luxulyan

Duke 2 - Tregonissey 1. How do you know the Carlyon Arms v Luxulyan score, did you play in it? massive crowd made up of 12 referees assessors! 1st game I've played in for a long time where neither team played 4-4-2, Luxulyan were 4-5-1, Carlyon Arms 3-5-2. Refreshing 2 teams actually thinking tactics and formation. Fair play both teams not resorting to hoofing it, ball knocked around front to back, side to side.

:clapper: Ah,

The keeper in blue with a big knee strap on and wild hair, at first glimpse I thought you were the dad from the sitcom bread. :clapper:

You could have done better with the penalty, you just watched it fly pass you.

Thanks for that comment. Unfortunately I seem to have damaged my knee, possibly cartilage while playing on astroturf while in Portugal. That was the reason my knee was heavily strapped and goal kicks were taken for me. I chose to move left on the penalty, unfortunately he sent it right of middle. With limited movement in my knee it was impossible to rectify my positioning. The previous week the game was stopped 3 times after diving and landing on it required treatment which resulted in me eventually going off. Unlike many others who may cry off I'll still turn out and operate as best I can. Considering we hadn't conceded a goal in 6 games, I don't think I've been doing to badly. If you consider Sundays goal was a penalty that is 7 games no goals conceded from open play. How many other teams Saturday or Sunday can claim that? You neglect to mention the point blank save from the cleverly worked Luxulyan free kick or the low claim across my face late on in the game. Rather than playing at being a herd of nerds on Sunday you may like to don a pair of boots and show us how to kick a ball.