Cornwall Football Forum

Truro vs Exeter

Off down to Truro tonight with my furry friend going to leave early due to the awful traffic around Newquay i think Exeter will be better than Plymouth the other night and will win 4-0 just going to see 1 player really Ollie Watkins of Exeter . Time to face the traffic chaos here 

Back from tonights match at Truro 1-1 when i left feel let down really was hoping to see the Exeter 1st team but they where just there watching so had to do with a mixture of reserves but i was very impressed with Exeters no 18 Jamie Reid he was brilliant all evening . Got lots of PICS and the Exeter 1st Team players posing for me to take there pics was hoping to see Ollie Watkins play but he didnt . Exeter didnt play there 1st team because they are playing Burton tmmrw night . Very small crowd there tonight £10 is a bit dear to get in but i will be there again next week to watch Torquay play against Truro 

9 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Back from tonights match at Truro 1-1 when i left feel let down really was hoping to see the Exeter 1st team but they where just there watching so had to do with a mixture of reserves but i was very impressed with Exeters no 18 Jamie Reid he was brilliant all evening . Got lots of PICS and the Exeter 1st Team players posing for me to take there pics was hoping to see Ollie Watkins play but he didnt . Exeter didnt play there 1st team because they are playing Burton tmmrw night . Very small crowd there tonight £10 is a bit dear to get in but i will be there again next week to watch Torquay play against Truro 

But it was advertised,on the Official Forum,as Exeter City's first team.

Thought the crowd was low,because the Chairman is quiet.

Against Argyle he was thanking everyone before half time ,for lining his pockets.

Whoops sorry ,I meant turning up.

There aren't so many Exeter fans in Cornwall!!

id have thought the majority of the 1002 at the argyle game were argyle fans. 

I do feel it should be looked into further though with regards to 'first team squad' as if that was meant to play then the club should look at claiming back from Exeter and argyle but if they didn't state they'd be playing first team then tcfc should face the music with false advertising 

With Exeter City hosting Championship club Burton Albion tonight it looks like most football followers recognised it would have been Exeter Reserve/youth team at Treyew which reflects a gate of 273.

£30 +extras for three games within a week at Truro would only appeal to an ardent  Red& Black supporter.

Getting back to the game, it was a good match and again I saw some good football by Truro, I do not believe that they will struggle, not saying they will be Champions but I do think it will be a very good season, also someone very close to club who I was taking too, told me that more players will be bought into the club before the season kicks off.  Watch this space   Lastly new plans of SilverBow  were displayed in the clubhouse  Things are looking good on the pitch and off it may it continue 

4 hours ago, St Darren said:

There aren't so many Exeter fans in Cornwall!!

id have thought the majority of the 1002 at the argyle game were argyle fans. 

I do feel it should be looked into further though with regards to 'first team squad' as if that was meant to play then the club should look at claiming back from Exeter and argyle but if they didn't state they'd be playing first team then tcfc should face the music with false advertising 

The word is Squad, Exeter could claim that it was the First team squad as they are still evaluating players.

As Somersetspur has said. These games are pre-season friendlies and are all about mixing and matching to see how the players fit. The results against Argyle and Exeter are good indications that we have a good basis. As an "Ardent" Red & Black I was at all three games, and was very encouraged by what I have seen. I stand by my belief that we will be in the playoffs and will be a better side than last year. I believe you will see Rocky Neale on the scene very shortly.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

After last season's play off finishing place, on the back of promotion the season before - what do expect this season for it to be a very good one?

It would be good to make the play off finals, also 1st round of the FA Cup  

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

And people wonder why supporters are negative.

Minority of fans you mean

Im not a ardent Truro fan i just went to the 2 games so far because its the only chance supporters get to see better oppositon was talking to a Truro supporter last night and he said Rocky Neale will be playing in the Torquay match ,i have seen River Allen in the last 2 matches and he looks out of his depth but Jack Crago looks good 

9 hours ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

I think Dave is RIGHT the price was too much and I think the MAJORITY would say so.

Mikey I'm surprised you feel happy to pay top dollar for the standard on offer for what should

have been a treat for Truro's fans, after all preseason matches are only training sessions.

I quite like River Allen. Hopefully he settles in and shows everyone what he's really capable of. I believe he has struggled in the last couple of years or so. As for what team Exeter sent down, people shouldn't be so quick to jump the gun. Who knows whether Exeter told Truro whether they were going to send down a First Team or Reserves side, or whether Truro made it up? Only the two clubs themselves know that one. Something we'll probably never find out.

On 7/22/2016 at 13:17, Mikeyburnsey said:

It would be good to make the play off finals, also 1st round of the FA Cup  

Must be a minority of negative fans,when only 237 turn up to watch the advertised Exeter first team.

Really positive,that.

As for play-offs and F.A.Cup 1st Rd.you cant be that confident,because only Russell Keeble is prepared to put his money where is mouth is. 

8 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Must be a minority of negative fans,when only 237 turn up to watch the advertised Exeter first team.

Really positive,that.

As for play-offs and F.A.Cup 1st Rd.you cant be that confident,because only Russell Keeble is prepared to put his money where is mouth is. 

Betting against your own club, saying that they will fail in the league and cup I would hate it any players visited this forum

On 22/07/2016 at 22:30, MOUNTAINEER said:

No I don't think it is fair, £30 for 3 matches within a week is over the top, I think it should of been lees for the Exeter game as it was not the 1st team. But overall it might of been better if the club offered 2 matches @ asking price then a big discount on the 3rd if you have been to the 1st 2 games. 

Betting against your own club, saying that they will fail in the league and cup I would hate it any players visited this forum

No I don't think it is fair, £30 for 3 matches within a week is over the top, I think it should of been lees for the Exeter game as it was not the 1st team. But overall it might of been better if the club offered 2 matches @ asking price then a big discount on the 3rd if you have been to the 1st 2 games. 

Im not betting against my Club.I am trying to raise funds for TISA's Charities.

Read the post's.

Its what TISA do all year round.

Remember if I lose.I donate to the Charities.

Back yourself.

On 24/07/2016 at 11:09, somersetspur said:

Im not betting against my Club.I am trying to raise funds for TISA's Charities.

Read the post's.

Its what TISA do all year round.

Remember if I lose.I donate to the Charities.

Back yourself.

I have already in past contributed to a TISA member and I would donate to other Charities supported by TISA Let me know where to donate. Should that not be If  lose/Win I donate to Charities?   I will make a bet with with you Man Utd will finish higher the Spurs  £5   and Truro will make the playoffs £5  

4 hours ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

I have already in past contributed to a TISA member and I would donate to other Charities supported by TISA Let me know where to donate. Should that not be If  lose/Win I donate to Charities?   I will make a bet with with you Man Utd will finish higher the Spurs  £5   and Truro will make the playoffs £5  

Nice one Mikey.You are on.

Beckham said United will win the League.