Cornwall Football Forum

SEASON TICKET OFFER THIS SEASON

The club will have Season Tickets on sale tonight at the Exeter City friendly

From the club's website :

"Season Ticket sales have been brisk in the last couple of weeks and there is another chance to order your ticket, which covers all 21 National League South games, tonight. 

Orders will be taken in the Club Shop before the match and at half time.  
Pricing is as follows:

Adult
£210 (£190 for Supporters Club members)

Concession (over 65): 
£168 (£148 for Supporters Club members)

U18s & Full time students: 
£80 (£50 for Supporters Club members)

For the full price ticket, that is equivalent to just: Adult: £10, Concession: £8 and U18s/Students: £4 per match. 

It works out cheaper again, of course, with Supporters Club membership (which costs just £10 for the season)."

If you're a regular supporter of Truro City it makes sense to consider

13 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

No discount for non members buying a season ticket (?) No point then.

Yes there is :-

At the gate Ticket Prices: 2016-17

Adult: £13
Concessions (Over 65): £10
Under 18s and Students: £5
Under 12s (accompanied by an adult): Free
Family ticket (2 Adults and up to 3 children): £26

You can't always expect people to join the Supporters Club just to get a discount on Season Tickets. I believe a way of giving people discounted season tickets would be loyalty to the club, so getting a season ticket so many years in a row or something. In terms of discounted prices on the gate there are many clubs across the country who follow a similar initiative, so I don't think that's overly too much of a problem. Although you know what you are getting being an Official Member at a higher level club, you don't when joining the Supporters Club at Truro City.

Russell, I never once said I wasn't happy about the way the Supporters Club is run. I'm not a member or involved so can't comment on how it's run. I don't have a problem with the Supporters Club either as I believe every club should have one. I've been loyal to the club since I've been old enough to go and watch them, and I've watched many games, too many to remember. I can't invest as much time as I would like as I play football myself and help run the club by being on the committee. So effectively that's a priority over Truro City I'm afraid. I come and watch when I can though. I don't bitch either thanks, that's not my style. But I don't think being a member of a Supporters Club should be a necessity to get discount on a Season Ticket. That's all I'm saying, we are allowed our own opinions.

On 22/07/2016 at 12:45, Dave Deacon said:

Yes there is :-

At the gate Ticket Prices: 2016-17

Adult: £13
Concessions (Over 65): £10
Under 18s and Students: £5
Under 12s (accompanied by an adult): Free
Family ticket (2 Adults and up to 3 children): £26

You are joking of course - £13 REALLY !!! won't be going there in a hurry.

6 hours ago, JENGLE said:

Russell, I never once said I wasn't happy about the way the Supporters Club is run. I'm not a member or involved so can't comment on how it's run. I don't have a problem with the Supporters Club either as I believe every club should have one. I've been loyal to the club since I've been old enough to go and watch them, and I've watched many games, too many to remember. I can't invest as much time as I would like as I play football myself and help run the club by being on the committee. So effectively that's a priority over Truro City I'm afraid. I come and watch when I can though. I don't bitch either thanks, that's not my style. But I don't think being a member of a Supporters Club should be a necessity to get discount on a Season Ticket. That's all I'm saying, we are allowed our own opinions.

JENGLE I am a member of the supporters club,and agree with you saying every club worth it's salt should have one.I joined when it was first set up as I thought it was a good way to show support for the club and team you follow.

But I can tell you that there were no perks in the way of discounts on admission when the club was first formed,when about 130 supporters signed up.It was only a while after that the chairman gave the perk of £1 discount on entry for the members showing loyalty to Truro City F.C

11 hours ago, KIT 65 said:

JENGLE I am a member of the supporters club,and agree with you saying every club worth it's salt should have one.I joined when it was first set up as I thought it was a good way to show support for the club and team you follow.

But I can tell you that there were no perks in the way of discounts on admission when the club was first formed,when about 130 supporters signed up.It was only a while after that the chairman gave the perk of £1 discount on entry for the members showing loyalty to Truro City F.C

Yes come on Jengle,the OSC dont get perks.

Bottom line is over last season and the forth coming season,I just wonder what the figure is of all the OSC discounts.

As I said before,just fleecing the Club of finances.

Yes KIT. I don't think many people have a problem with the presence of a Supporters Club, just maybe how it's run, that's all. I don't have a problem with Supporters Club members getting discounts of Season Tickets, as many other clubs follow a similar initiative. The only thing I don't agree with is you having to be a member to get an even further discount on Season Tickets. I don't see that as being too fair.

somersetspur, to be fair the Supporters Club can't help it if the Chairman decides to give them discounts. It's his own fault if it fleeces the club finances as he's in charge of it all. If the offer was made available to myself I wouldn't turn it down. And yes, if you work out the figures lost over the discounts given, it probably does amount to a little bit. But that's just the way it is.

5 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Yes come on Jengle,the OSC dont get perks.

Bottom line is over last season and the forth coming season,I just wonder what the figure is of all the OSC discounts.

As I said before,just fleecing the Club of finances.

It all depends on which side of the fence you are looking from.Me,I call it a very kind gesture from the club to it's loyal supporters.And there is nothing stopping you or others joining(.Come and join us) (Come and join us)

3 hours ago, KIT 65 said:

It all depends on which side of the fence you are looking from.Me,I call it a very kind gesture from the club to it's loyal supporters.And there is nothing stopping you or others joining(.Come and join us) (Come and join us)

So you would like me,and other TISA members,to join the Official Supporters Club,and all buy season tickets to save £20:00 for all the League home games and dont bother with away games,like you and the majority of all the other members.?

Think I will stick to what I like doing.Save my money for away days only.

Come on Somersetspur. On one hand you moan that you don't get a discount but you do nothing to to gain it. You complain that the Supporters Club members don't go to away games, well I totally disagree with that as you will have seen many of us at most away games last season. But why don't TISA attend home games? Because you don't want to put money into the club and it's owners? That is so ridiculous. They are the ones putting THEIR money in to save, prosper and keep this club going. If you really cared about Truro City FC you would come to games at home and away and stop being stupid about who owns and manages the club.

I have not come across a club other than Truro City that gives season ticket discounts to Supporters Club members ONLY, every club I have encountered giving season ticket discounts have done so for EARLY PURCHASE FOR EVERYONE like by the end of May or June. The early input of cash preseason is the boost many clubs rely on to kick-start the coming season, if there were no incentives there wouldn't be any point in paying up front. 

Has the £1 entrance fee discount for Supporters Club members at the turnstiles been done away with? I have not seen a reference for it to cease - I imagine the Supporters Club are consulted on all supporter related matters as indeed the decision to change shirt colours to Orange and less controversially Blue. Ditching the Red and Black is akin to removing the steeples from the Cathedral.

45 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I can watch quality at Penryn for £5 including the 50/50 draw.

OK won't argue with that as long as your'e happy.But on the other hand there are some who shop at Aldi and think they are buying quality,not me though i'm sticking to Marks and Spencer.lol.

Whats that old saying? what ever turns you on. Enjoy your football.

37 minutes ago, KIT 65 said:

OK won't argue with that as long as your'e happy.But on the other hand there are some who shop at Aldi and think they are buying quality,not me though i'm sticking to Marks and Spencer.lol.

Whats that old saying? what ever turns you on. Enjoy your football.

Aldi IS quality, no doubt about that either.

It does seem as though the Supporters Club members do go to some away games. The mistake of people saying you guys aren't in attendance is because you don't make yourself known or get behind the team as much as others do. Of course that's a personal preference on how you choose to support the team.

Russell, TISA do attend home games. There are just a few supporters who choose not to do this, and I'm sure they have their reasons. And even you must admit that some off field issues that have arisen in the past year or so could've been handled a lot better than what they have been.

And for the record, you can get good quality stuff at Aldi, at a bargain price too. I don't mind the occasional thing from Marks & Spencer, but couldn't afford to get everything from there! ;)

The £1 discount for Supporters Club members still applies. We welcome anyone who wants to join, and they will get the benefit from it. As regards the Supporters Club members not getting behind the team at away matches, that is incorrect. We shout, we clap and cheer as and when we want. We also talk to and encourage the players. We may not get involved with TISA's chants but that is personal choice.

As to what happened or did not last season can we not put this behind us, get on and support our club in which ever way we want and look forward in a postive manner for the club to do well and go places. There are too many people willing to be negative about the future, instead get behind the club, management and players and move on.

Russell - You wrote:-

As to what happened or did not last season can we not put this behind us, get on and support our club in which ever way we want and look forward in a postive manner for the club to do well and go places. There are too many people willing to be negative about the future, instead get behind the club, management and players and move on.

My response to that is how can we move on, to be barred from the forums, twitter, facebook, Mr Masters links etc without being told why is not the action expected from a football club and doesn't encourage support - I am not the only person in that position many others are suffering the same fate.

I notice you are an official of the Supporters Club so was there any discussion about changing from Red and Black to Orange? - Tom Trust asked Peter Masters about it on the official website but I have no right to reply there, Mr Masters replied to Tom White Tigers / So white shirts - no mention of the Orange/red & Black.

I find the white offensive, the white Tigers were a whim of Kevin Heaney so although Peter's reply to Tom suggests history, we only wore White because Heaney supported Tottenham Hotspurs the HISTORICALLY CORRECT team wearing white in Cornwall was St Austell - Always were always will be "The Lily Whites".

I like many look upon Truro's history - Truro City 1889 History / Red and Black.

I think the colour change was done to upset certain supporters - me I shall support wearing Red and Black.

Don't worry Russell I know that the Supporters Club get behind the team, just not as vociferous as others might well do. With regards to what happened last season Russell, I think everyone wants to move on to be quite honest and are sick and tired of all the off field antics. Nobody wants to be negative about the club or towards certain individuals, but it can't be helped because of the way things have been handled. As for the kit change I have my theory as to why it's been done, and I'm sure many others share my view too.

On 24/07/2016 at 20:32, somersetspur said:

So you would like me,and other TISA members,to join the Official Supporters Club,and all buy season tickets to save £20:00 for all the League home games and dont bother with away games,like you and the majority of all the other members.?

Think I will stick to what I like doing.Save my money for away days only.

Can't beat loyalty.  what is with going to away games and bemoaning fans that don't go. Truro are just like Spurs,Man Utd or Bath who have a group of fans that travel away, Back in the 80s I use to watch Plymouth home and away but then again I was younger  had not other commitments.  I rather watch Truro at Home it suits me better.  Lastly I do think that the away supporters deserve credit as do home supporters