Cornwall Football Forum

CITY CHANGE OF COLOUR AGAIN

20 hours ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Who picks the team strip, could it be Lee Hodges? Reason why I say that before it went down the pan for Lee, he had a lot of success in white just a thought!!  I prefer   Red and Black Stripes Black shorts and Red Socks,  why clubs have to change from its original colours.

If you want to go back to the original city played in QUARTERS - that's all you saw in our house with flannelette shirts drying everywhere no washing machines or easy dry fabrics in those days not forgetting the need for ironing. I remember my mum struggling with the team kit even though she was dying from cancer at the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a matter of interest Older what would your reaction be if a new chairman came into PTFC and replaced your home strip with an orange one. By the way I have always been impressed that Penryn copied the playing strip of there more illustrious neighbours further up the river.

4 hours ago, The Soup Dragon said:

According to Chairman Masters the Groundsmen chose this season's colours. :thumbsup:

And are you forgetting the team also prefer the all white strip?That's the trouble,some people are all to fond of telling half the story.We are not all took in by that.

17 minutes ago, KIT 65 said:

And are you forgetting the team also prefer the all white strip?That's the trouble,some people are all to fond of telling half the story.We are not all took in by that.

Surprise,surprise.

The team prefer,the white.

So a die hard Truro supporter,ditches the Clubs 100 years history.

Christ Kit what are you on.??????????????????????????

KIT which team prefers the White kit?

Did Mr Masters ring around all the other clubs where the players have gone or are you talking about the players who are new and most of the others been there five minutes?

In his forum he was on about colour clashes, the more he talks the more real fans see what a joke he is. At the end of his quote he puts END OF!

Again him and his puppets are insulting TCFC, it's history and the true fans ( the loyal ones who have supported thru thick and thin)

There are not many more respected footballers then Rappo around, read his thread on clubs history, the man always talks common sense.

I am not a loyal Truro supporter, grew up supporting Falmouth in there hey day. But I am a passionate Cornish football supporter and feel sorry for the true fans.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Surprise,surprise.

The team prefer,the white.

So a die hard Truro supporter,ditches the Clubs 100 years history.

Christ Kit what are you on.??????????????????????????

Dave,calm down.All I was suggesting to the poster was if he was going to quote something it would be better to hear the whole story,not just part of it.

I;m no way in favour of dropping the red and black of a team I supported over the past 60 years and more.So don't put me down on that one.I am still red and black through and through.And I am not on anything.

1 hour ago, KIT 65 said:

Dave,calm down.All I was suggesting to the poster was if he was going to quote something it would be better to hear the whole story,not just part of it.

I;m no way in favour of dropping the red and black of a team I supported over the past 60 years and more.So don't put me down on that one.I am still red and black through and through.And I am not on anything.

So ,have you heard the whole story,or just believed what the man said who is running the Club.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

So ,have you heard the whole story,or just believed what the man said who is running the Club.

Dave I don't know,what do you mean by whole story?I have hear'd lots of stories and that are quite a few who disagree with the change of colours,allthough as I said i'm not in favour of.But saying that we can moan and grown as much as you we like but that won't change anything because like it or not Masters finances the club and pays the team,and is owner of the club so he calls the tune.You and I might not like some of his decisions but sorry to say we have to live with them.I'm sorry to say it,but I don't think coming on here moaning about it is going to change his mind.He is in charge,and he's going to let you know it. 

6 minutes ago, KIT 65 said:

Dave I don't know,what do you mean by whole story?I have hear'd lots of stories and that are quite a few who disagree with the change of colours,allthough as I said i'm not in favour of.But saying that we can moan and grown as much as you we like but that won't change anything because like it or not Masters finances the club and pays the team,and is owner of the club so he calls the tune.You and I might not like some of his decisions but sorry to say we have to live with them.I'm sorry to say it,but I don't think coming on here moaning about it is going to change his mind.He is in charge,and he's going to let you know it. 

You may well be right,but some people are not prepared to do nothing,while some one is ripping the heart from our football Club.

Read the post's.

If you are Red and Black through and through,TISA have a whole new line of merchandise on the way so if you want anything,Red and Black for home games to show support

for the Clubs history,let us know your size and I can sort you out.

WE ARE RED AND BLACK,and we plan to show the powers to be.

12 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Just as a matter of interest Older what would your reaction be if a new chairman came into PTFC and replaced your home strip with an orange one. By the way I have always been impressed that Penryn copied the playing strip of there more illustrious neighbours further up the river.

Firstly - ouch (!)....illustrious neighours (?) if you say so :P

We did have one who tried to change our colours, strangely enough to white :wacko:

And strangely enough - never managed to do it.....he was sent packing.

Vincent Tan was very good at standing his ground when he changed Cardiffs colours from blue to red, but what are they playing in now?

He insulted the club and its history aswell but fans pressure won in the end.

At the end of the day Masters does pull all the strings but it does not mean loyal fans should just lie down and take it!

People may call it moaning and s*** stirring, other people call it caring about the club they care about and love.

If you are passionate about the club you love you are more than likely to get banned in some way for voicing your opinion , it's called bullying by a dictator .

Others then expect you to go along to home games and put money in the dictators pocket, TCFC is a mess, and until that regime get what they came in for it will remain a mess.

Hopefully when Masters does eventually clear off TCFC will still be in business, but I have concerns it won't be.

22 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Who are PTFC?

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

The last time the changed their colours to white, didn't they win the vase! 

Not in the first season. They won't even come close to winning anything other than the Aubrey Wilkes this season!

3 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

The last time the changed their colours to white, didn't they win the vase! 

So thats alright then.

You tube.

1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

Who are PTFC?

Not in the first season. They won't even come close to winning anything other than the Aubrey Wilkes this season!

Its not about winning anything.

Its about staying in Vanarama South with a low budget,so when SilverBow is complete,Masters has a bigger asset.

Doing well in either Cup competition to make money.

Then the Stratedgy Exit Plan comes into action.

As the Chairman has quoted.NOTHING IS FOREVER.

8 hours ago, somersetspur said:

So thats alright then.

You tube.

Its about staying in Vanarama South with a low budget,so when SilverBow is complete,Masters has a bigger asset.

Dave

Is the latest TISA publication a little RED book called "The thoughts of Chairman Pete" ?

Let's get one thing straight before people jump on me.I would love to see Truro playing again in the Red and Black,but the thing is Truro have been playing in the all White strip now for the past 10 years,and funny enough climbed the league plus won the FA Vase wearing those colours,so why has it taken 10 years to make a stand on it? Just a thought.We must also remember the present day Truro supporter only know the team as the White Tigers.Only very few of us remember our team playing in Red and Black.What i'm saying is,if it came to a vote from the Truro supporters of the present day,I think the majority would be voting for the all White strip.

There was a feeble attempt with a return of the old colours last season,I say feeble because to mind it was all Red and very little Black,not at all anything like the old colours to my mind.

TISA made a bit of a protest when it was formed by choosing the Red and Black and wearing it to games,but all it caused was agro and some were banned in the process,but it changed nothing,Heaney would not budge.

OK some of us would love to keep to the Red and Black for the sake of the clubs history,but lets be honest it's only a few of us old timers who remember,or even care about it.

Try to change by all means,and I hope you succeed,but I think you are wasting your time. 

3 minutes ago, KIT 65 said:

Let's get one thing straight before people jump on me.I would love to see Truro playing again in the Red and Black,but the thing is Truro have been playing in the all White strip now for the past 10 years,and funny enough climbed the league plus won the FA Vase wearing those colours,so why has it taken 10 years to make a stand on it? Just a thought.We must also remember the present day Truro supporter only know the team as the White Tigers.Only very few of us remember our team playing in Red and Black.What i'm saying is,if it came to a vote from the Truro supporters of the present day,I think the majority would be voting for the all White strip.

There was a feeble attempt with a return of the old colours last season,I say feeble because to mind it was all Red and very little Black,not at all anything like the old colours to my mind.

TISA made a bit of a protest when it was formed by choosing the Red and Black and wearing it to games,but all it caused was agro and some were banned in the process,but it changed nothing,Heaney would not budge.

OK some of us would love to keep to the Red and Black for the sake of the clubs history,but lets be honest it's only a few of us old timers who remember,or even care about it.

Try to change by all means,and I hope you succeed,but I think you are wasting your time. 

Ever since TISA was born,their merchandise and their colours were Red and Black,and always will be.

The trouble is ,is people like you Kit ,who admit you like the Red and Black,just shrug your shoulders and put up with it.

What would you think Masters would be like if everyone wore Red and Black next Saturday,and continued to do so,for the rest of the season.

I know you dont go away to games,but trust me,there will be a bit of Red and Black about.

4 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Ever since TISA was born,their merchandise and their colours were Red and Black,and always will be.

The trouble is ,is people like you Kit ,who admit you like the Red and Black,just shrug your shoulders and put up with it.

What would you think Masters would be like if everyone wore Red and Black next Saturday,and continued to do so,for the rest of the season.

I know you dont go away to games,but trust me,there will be a bit of Red and Black about.

Dave,read my post and stop the bloody insults about people like me.What would Masters be like if every one wore Red and Black next Saturday?dream on Dave as iv'e told you why and that's because the majority of the Truro support is for the all White strip.

4 minutes ago, KIT 65 said:

Dave,read my post and stop the bloody insults about people like me.What would Masters be like if every one wore Red and Black next Saturday?dream on Dave as iv'e told you why and that's because the majority of the Truro support is for the all White strip.

Yes of course everyone want the White strip,Pete consulted all the supporters ,did'nt he.

Whoops,no sorry,he asked the groundstaff.

Kit,do me a favour,if  you think that I have insulted you,you need to grow a pair.

Carry on shrugging your shoulders, watching home games,and complementing everything Masters do.

I will continue doing what I do.

12 hours ago, somersetspur said:

So thats alright then.

You tube.

I thought it was "never say never" must have given out new instructions.

A team doesn't achieve success based on the kit colour they wear. It's ridiculous if they do as it shouldn't matter what colour you are in. As for the majority of people preferring the white playing strip, I'm not sure that is fact. What should've happened is the supporters should have been given the chance to vote on a few choices, and then the majority vote being our colours for the season. That's what most clubs do, and it's a democratic way of doing it, with nobody having the right to complain as it's been done fairly. 

44 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Just now, KIT 65 said:

OK Dave you carry on with what you think is right,and as I said,best of luck.But answer me one question which you you choose to avoid earlier.Why has it taken 10 years when Truro have been playing in White for all of a sudden to kick up a fuss about it.You and others have been supporting the team home and away for 10 years and now you decide to protest.Just don't understand how it's taken 10 years to wake up to the fact?

8 hours ago, KIT 65 said:

When seagulls follow the trawler,it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

9 hours ago, KIT 65 said:

OK Dave you carry on with what you think is right,and as I said,best of luck.But answer me one question which you you choose to avoid earlier.Why has it taken 10 years when Truro have been playing in White for all of a sudden to kick up a fuss about it.You and others have been supporting the team home and away for 10 years and now you decide to protest.Just don't understand how it's taken 10 years to wake up to the fact?

Kit you really worry me sometimes.Your answer for the white strip has been discussed on earlier posts.

It has'nt taken 10 years,to protest.

Cant you remember the Heaney reign,when all Red and Black was banned from Treyew Rd,and TISA members where thrown out for wearing those colour's.

Did we shrug our shoulders.NO.

Heaney is gone,but TISA are still there,and always will be.

The same will happen with Masters.

He has tried every dirty trick in the book to dismantle TISA.Banning orders at Treyew Rd which we fought and won.

Trying to stop us from going to away games which failed.Then the pathetic attempts by Truro Official's at Maidstone last season to stop TISA.That failed.

Then you have all the personal stuff,and all the blocking of his social media outlets.

Do we crumble,No we stand our ground and take him on.Thats what he hates.He has got to rule,that why he likes people who shrug their shoulders.