Cornwall Football Forum

CITY'S PRE-SEASON GAMES

Royal Marines FA 0-3 Truro City

Falmouth Town 0-2 Truro City (Aubrey Wilkes Trophy)

Tuesday July 19th - Truro City 0-2 Plymouth Argyle 1st Team

Thursday July 21st - Truro City 1-2 Exeter City 1st Team

Monday July 25th - Truro City 2-3 Torquay United 1st Team

Wednesday July 27th - Willand Rovers 0-3 Truro City

Saturday July 30th - Weymouth 1-0 Truro City

I was at Falmouth,and take on board the using of trialist and substitutions.

But I was'nt all that impressed to be honest.

Falmouth also done the same,and when you look at the gap between the League's,these team's will play in,it was'nt great.

Lee Hodges has a lot of work to do.

Agree,that the next three friendlies,will be a better indication,on how Truro will shape up this season.

Were you impressed with any of the trialist.?Did'nt see anything special,from my point of view.

So Im being a bit ruthless,and giving them 4 out of 10.

I dont do home game's,so lets us know what you thought of the games,Russell.

I was there last night, wasn't too impressed at all to be honest. I'd give it a rating of 5/10, could possibly stretch to a 6. First half was very poor from a Truro point of view, they then stepped it up a little in the second half, putting a couple of decent pieces of play together. I thought River Allen performed well along with our young left back, unsure of his name though. Can't see it being a settled side Russell, we haven't got the players for it to be a settled line up. Just hope we put on an a decent showing. Fully agree with somersetspur, the next 3 games will give everyone an idea of where Truro stand. Was also impressed with how Falmouth performed, I think they'll have a good season. However I wasn't pleased when spoken to by who I can only assume was a Falmouth official and a Falmouth supporter, after an incident which occurred at the start of the second half. They were very rude and spoke in an unsavoury manner. And I wasn't even involved!

50 minutes ago, JENGLE said:

I was there last night, wasn't too impressed at all to be honest. I'd give it a rating of 5/10, could possibly stretch to a 6. First half was very poor from a Truro point of view, they then stepped it up a little in the second half, putting a couple of decent pieces of play together. I thought River Allen performed well along with our young left back, unsure of his name though. Can't see it being a settled side Russell, we haven't got the players for it to be a settled line up. Just hope we put on an a decent showing. Fully agree with somersetspur, the next 3 games will give everyone an idea of where Truro stand. Was also impressed with how Falmouth performed, I think they'll have a good season. However I wasn't pleased when spoken to by who I can only assume was a Falmouth official and a Falmouth supporter, after an incident which occurred at the start of the second half. They were very rude and spoke in an unsavoury manner. And I wasn't even involved!

Tell us more,JENGLE.Suppose TISA will get the blame.

Couple of individuals banging the corrugated iron at the opposite end of the ground to the entrance. Someone, who I assume was an official, came around and in an unsavoury manner told a couple of us to stop, I jokingly replied 'don't worry mate it wasn't me' and he then again spoke quite rudely towards myself. I said he needed to learn some manners and then someone who must've been a Falmouth supporter threatened violence against me and my dad who also protested his innocence. All a bit bizarre really.

On 16 July 2016 at 22:25, JENGLE said:

Couple of individuals banging the corrugated iron at the opposite end of the ground to the entrance. 

the person wasn't just banging the corrugated iron... he was hitting it and kicking it in a very aggressive manner! I think if the individual had acted like that in any other ground in Cornwall they would have had the same reaction.....

I take your point on board Granty. However, maybe I didn't make it clear. The fact he spoke very rudely to supporters who are minding their own business and watching the game is unacceptable. Before coming over he should've identified the individual involved and taken it up with him, not innocent people.

1 hour ago, JENGLE said:

I take your point on board Granty. However, maybe I didn't make it clear. The fact he spoke very rudely to supporters who are minding their own business and watching the game is unacceptable. Before coming over he should've identified the individual involved and taken it up with him, not innocent people.

Were they Truro fans.?

We stayed up the other end,for easy access to the Bar,so did'nt see anything.

2nd game of Pre-season and OMG you would of thought we just got relegated, come on Pre-season is about getting fitness up, I would of imagine that the game against Argyle was a lost better than Falmouth (I cannot Judge as I have only seen them against Plymouth) I know Truro played very well at times were the better team. Tonight I will see them against Exeter and I am hoping for even a closer outcome.  End of the day Pre-season is for the manager and his team to evaluate the squad we have to trust what Lee perceive his best team.  

off for the 2nd game of 3 tonight to watch Truro vs Exeter going there to watch Exeters Ollie Watkins because he is 1 hell of a player and i think next season he will be in the premier league and Exeter will be making a lot of money off him . Looking forward to tonight  should be a good game 

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

Getting worked-up about the result of a pre-season friendly in July Dave! You really do need to chill out - it's a long season ahead!!

Not exactly worked up, just trying to ensure football followers are kept aware of club's results

I'm with you on this one Dave. Couldn't find anything from either club regarding team sheets or a result from last night's game. I only found out on Facebook otherwise I wouldn't have known the score. Am interested about the keeper Truro played last night. He could be a useful addition.

Goldeneye, believe it or not there are many people out there, mostly Truro City fans, who would like to know the score and a basic line up for the evening. It's not hard to give a team sheet, and then a half time score and full time score. A team of Truro City's standard, who have a fair few followers, could do that at the least. People aren't asking for in depth commentary, it's not hard really.

I have a life thanks, a good one at that. To be honest I don't really care about pre season, hate it in fact. As it isn't real football, half the time there is no passion involved and neither team is giving their absolute all. And no word of a lie, I totally forgot the game was on until someone told me the score as I'm having too much fun in Canada. However I was interested in the score when I found it out.

Why are everyone getting up tight about PR and news Updates from Truro City.

What do you expect if half the supporters are blocked from all TCFC social media,and the Chairman locks down post's when HE does'nt like whats on them.

Its disgraceful. That Website is a Official Truro City Website,and should be open to everybody,to view all the news and discuss it on the forum,weather its positive or negative.

Instead its the Pete Masters Website.:SM_carton:

SSS I don't know why you bother mate I appreciate you're a Truro supporter through and through but if the hierarchy are nothing but egotistical idiots who only do as they please and don't respect the opinions of others then it's their problem with you and the other TISA members getting worked up and stressed about the situation (which I can see why) is maybe making the muppets more stubborn and giving them great satisfaction just my opinion 

2 hours ago, cat weasel said:

SSS I don't know why you bother mate I appreciate you're a Truro supporter through and through but if the hierarchy are nothing but egotistical idiots who only do as they please and don't respect the opinions of others then it's their problem with you and the other TISA members getting worked up and stressed about the situation (which I can see why) is maybe making the muppets more stubborn and giving them great satisfaction just my opinion 

It may seem that way to you,but I can assure you I am not worked up,nor are the rest of  TISA members.Quite opposite.

Our fight will continue,as it has been on going for a while,with  this man ripping the heart out of our Club.

We have a good idea what he is up to,and we will not give up,and that is why he has his problem's with TISA.

The future is RED AND BLACK.

:thumbsup: JENGLE - I remember when you started on the official forums,  your interest in the club had you treated like a Messiah, but then you blotted your copybook, you dared to disagree on some obscure subject and like the rest of us you were toast.

:smiley20: cat weasel - Those TISA lads and lasses are not worked up or stressed because being on the side of most that is good they are in control, winning the verbal battle can be quite satisfying seeing it transferred to the written word.

19 minutes ago, cat weasel said:

Maybe TISA could buy the club and run if properly ?

When Master's clear's off,maybe the Club can be purchased for a small price.

Drop down a few leagues,get the local Community interested,and some local people on board ,and away we go.

Get the heart back into the Club.

On 7/31/2016 at 20:09, JENGLE said:

That's about right Ivor! ;) Shame really isn't it?

It was a bit like someone minding their own business in a town centre, a brawl breaks out nothing to do with them, old Bill turns up and bundles all off to the nick even the innocent bystander.

On the club forum you happened to be passing through and got labelled as a TISA activist - BANG Cannon Masters went off. BOOM :SM_carton: You're OFF Go Go Gone.