Cornwall Football Forum

Hang your heads in shame

With Roy resigning and his backroom staff  England needs fresh ideas  and  better coaches , where are they?   I don't know but the old ways don't work ,  build for the future  with youth. , Time for some to call time on their international careers  ,. Forget the next world cup build for the next  Euros  . Or perhaps not .

That.....was simply tragic. To think a former Argyle player helped dump England out of the Euros. How are these players so weak in the tackle. Can't control the ball. Can't pass it. Can't create a chance against Iceland. Good luck vs Sainsburys in the next round. 

Don't despair , I understand that Tony Blair and a large number of celebrities ( none of whom live in England ) have sent a protest to F.I.F.A. , complete with £35 protest fee , arguing the case for a replay . They say that the English players had an off night and on paper were are far better team than the opposition . The result was totally unexpected and against the odds . Furthermore they believe that it is unfair that a country with a smaller population than Cornwall  should have the audacity to beat a team of established superstars . As a result of this they have asked for the result to be declared null and void  and the game replayed . Apparently F.I.F.A. officials are considering the appeal , which they believe  has some merit .

On a serious note I do find it sad that the media with all it's power makes football it's main focus by far . Particularly when we aren't that good at it . The media regard most other sports as minority sports so don't give them any ,or very little , coverage . We have several world champions and top contenders in many sports as well as top teams but they receive no coverage so they are largely unknown .

One final thing , how nice to see England beat Australia 3 - 0 at rugby union and equally how nice to see top sportsman accepting the referee's decisions without the snarling protests and even , in Owen Farrells case , apologising to the referee for swearing . Sadly I'm too thick to understand the rules of Rugby Union so I'm in the silly position of enjoying games without having clue what's going on .      

To sum it up. Totally and utterly clueless. What bothered me was the best player was Rashford who was only on the field for about 8 minutes. People may criticize Rooney but I actually felt sorry for him. He ran his socks off but when there is no movement up front he was getting angry at his players for not playing quick enough. Why oh why did Hodgson pick Sterling. 47 million for a player who continually disappears up his own backside and produces nothing but a dodgy penalty.

I could go on, but I would fill this space. What bothered me most was that there was no plan, no strategy, no idea and no guts. Yes totally and utterly clueless.

This is the best they could do. I am not in total agreement with effort lacking and so on. it is ability. The players, although individually, some are very good, as a team, are very poor. We will be waiting for a while for England to be in contention to win anything.

The players are not good enough. Can't you see that? They failed not through lack of effort, but ability. It's not their fault. They should not hold their heads in shame, it's the best they could do. You all appear to think they are brilliant, and should have won. You lot need to wake up and smell the roses.

14 hours ago, Mangle said:

This is the best they could do. I am not in total agreement with effort lacking and so on. it is ability. The players, although individually, some are very good, as a team, are very poor. We will be waiting for a while for England to be in contention to win anything.

They still should have the ability to beat a team with very few premiership standard players!

Poor old Danny Drinkwater might not be Ronaldo but he must be well pee'd of to be considered down the pecking order to that shower of Sh!t. Ive seen better organized SWPL teams. Adam Lalana was one of the most creative in our group games but was left out for useless Sterling. Poor old Sturridge who saved our blushes against Wales had to play out of position to accommodate an out of form Kane. I put most of the blame with Hodgson and his coaches, who somehow cant seem to see what we can sitting in the pub!!!

11 hours ago, Mangle said:

The players are not good enough. Can't you see that? They failed not through lack of effort, but ability. It's not their fault. They should not hold their heads in shame, it's the best they could do. You all appear to think they are brilliant, and should have won. You lot need to wake up and smell the roses.

The players should've been good enough to beat a team who have 1 premier league player and a dentist for a manager!!!! Rooney earns in a week what most of the Iceland squad possibly earn in a year if they are lucky 

I don't understand anyone ever saying that they are ashamed to be English when we lose a football match or some violence goes on. Bloody hell, are we all as one are we???

as for the football it's no surprise to me and really I couldn't care less. Hodgson is a massive fraud as a coach and manager at any significant level, his greatest achievement was winning the league with Malmö in about 82 or something. The man is clueless and doesn't have a plan a keg alone a plan b. Neville can talk the talk on tv but he's to blame as well. Where's his place in all this. 

Sturridge needs a kick up the arse to realise that there are a number of other players in a team to pass to. Kane needs to realise that he's shot from dead balls. Hart needs to quit believing any hype about him because he's bang average. As are bother the centre halfs. The only ones who come away from that with any ounce of credit is Dier who was taken off at half time for some reason, Rose who I thought was ok and Rashford who had 8 mins as an 18 year old to save the nation. 

Its back to basics for the FA. Pump loads of money into more local elite coaching facilities and not just one at st George's. Get more coaches at a decent level and make it rewarding for them. 

And the main thing we need to do. The FA premier league needs to understand that it's not the best league it's just the one with the most money. It's now a business and not a sport 

I can't wait for September when I'm off for my already booked trip to Slovakia for our World Cup 2018 qualifier, that being followed in October to another already booked qualifier in Slovenia, a glutton for punishment could I sit through a WC2018 qualifier against "Mighty Malta" at Wembley in between.- Perhaps a prayer or two may help.

I think we have to be a little realistic.  I said before that we had to find a way to beat a massed defense.  We didn't do it against Russia, Wales, Slovakia and now Iceland.  We seem to be in a time warp.  We did exactly the same in all four games.  Rooney must have been scratching his head because he was the one chosen to make the plays but when you have a static front two another striker playing nearer the half way line than the penalty area and having a winger who kept losing the ball when in good positions then it is no wonder we lost.  We knew that Iceland were going to play exactly like the other teams but for some reason we could not fathom out how to beat it.  England was picked to play fast flowing attacking football but when that didn't work there was no plan B.  To be honest the players looked as confused as everyone else.   England only come to life when Rashford comes on and what on earth was Lallana doing as sub.  Was he injured because in all the games they played prior to this he was the best player.  Bags of energy and speed he had the ability to run at the defense not like Sterling who kept running up blind alleys or losing the ball when we were in good attacking positions.  I still think there are a lot of good players out there but if the manager makes the wrong call then are they really to blame.  They must have been playing to orders.  It was a pity that one player didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck and said follow me, this is how we must beat this team, unfortunately nobody stuck their hands up.  

They where a embarassment  to be called English a laughing stock but come the new season supporters will be forking out there money to go and watch these overpaid prima donnas who think they are better than they are they where a shambles not 1 player can say i played well .Supporters of these teams should boycott these players and support there local teams where they are not money mad but they wont these players will continue to getting mega money driving posh cars back to there mansions to be met by there wags who only care about is how much money they can get out of there football boyfriends or husbands to waste on all sorts of crap ok rant over 

You do realise it is all us mugs who make the players get the money they do don't you?

we're the ones that get sky, but shirts, buy inflated tickets, but from the sponsors who pay the millions to advertise. 

What a player earns doesn't bother me at all as the money slump hnlikely be used elsewhere. 

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 06:48, Keith B said:

You have more money than sense mate. :)

No It costs me more to attend Treyew Road £88 return with Railcard, extortionate accommodation costs etc.

TAKE Slovenia return flight to Venis £71, return coach Venis to Ljubljana £28 cheaper hotel prices.

18 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Is Venis supposed to be Venice in Italy?

Willow I swear when that happens, I posted using a tablet, the bloody thing alters many of the words I type CORRECTLY, I usually notice but some get through undetected others alter automatically using the Yankee Doodle spelling, yes it is Marco Polo country.

The coach is good, Airport to PUB - Pub crawl to the match - Coach from Ground after the match back to VENICE.

The canal in Ljubljana is a great place to drink, sing and be happy.

Thank you. I did assume that it was but in the new age of countries appearing from here, there and everywhere I didn't know if it was a town with an airport in Slovenia with links to the capital.