Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paparazzi

Introduce Yourself

Guest chimpy

Username Chimpy

Real Name Brian Harris

Football I am Secretary of the Jolly's Cornwall Combination League and I have been a Referee for 35 years and still currently officiating every Saturday and Sunday although the years are beginning to tell.

Guest MAGIC FANS 87

Username: MAGIC FANS 87

Clubs Supported: West Bromwich Albion & ST Blazey

Hobbies: Football (first and foremost!) Russian language, eastern european culture, and fan (Ultra) groups from around europe.

Guest son of chimpy

USERNAME son of chimpy

REAL NAME Simon Harris

I am the son of Brian harris and i have been officating for 3 years now

and i am enjoying every moment of it.

User Name : Ken Reed (which is also my real name)

Lives : Plymouth.

Loves : Devon and Cornwall (why would anyone want to move away?)

Club Supported : Plymouth Argyle with a big soft spot for Everton. I also follow the fortunes of St Blazey but I have my reasons.

Football : I currently report (well at least that's what I like to call it) for BBC Radio Cornwall and tend to stick to the East of the County covering clubs such as Millbrook, Torpoint, Saltash, Callington, Launceston and Liskeard although I have ventured as far West as St Blazey, St Austell and Bodmin. I have been told by many that I have the right sort of face for radio but I believe that reporting is the next best thing to playing.

Interests [apart from football] : Music - I'll listen to most but not Rap or Girl and Boy Bands. Eric Clapton, Kate Bush, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin are up there for me along loads of others. My family - both of my sons are getting married soon and I think I'll have to remortgage the house :drink: .

Disappointments : Why a city the size of Plymouth doesn't have a team somewhere between SWL and the Championship. Referee's (and I was one) who think they're bigger than the game - a few local one's spring to mind but that's for me - the avatar says it all.

Guest shaners

shaners

shane hodges

i play rugby for st.day, but go on the p*ss with the st.day football lads everytime.

Username: Premier Sixes

Football: I use to play for Cubert and Godolphin and have made the odd appearence for Newquay Combo). I play for CornwallPokerTour.com in P6 Div 1, as well as playing for the league's representative team in the occasional tournament (TMS winners 06). Premier Sixes are looking to put a team into the Duchy league next season

Other hobbies: Poker

USERNAME ; THE CAT

AKA THE SPUD AKA MUNDIUCO

AGE 25

POSITION : GOALKEEPER (INJURY ENFORCED POSITION NOWADAYS)

PREVIOUS CLUBS :VERYAN 1995-1998 (DUCHY 4 EAST

: NANPEAN ROVERS 2nds 1998-1999 (DUCHY PREMIER)

: PROBUS 1999-2003 (ECPL)

: NANPEAN ROVERS 1sts 2003-2004 (ECPL)

CURRENT : TRURO CITY 3rds 2006-PRESENT (FHFL)

MISSED OUT A BIT WITH KNEE CARTILAGE AND LIGAMENT PROBS AND ALSO A BROKEN ANKLE THATS THE REASON FOR THE GAPS BETWEEN TEAMS AND THE REASON WHY I PLAY IN GOAL PERMANANTLY NOWADAYS.

LIVES : MOUNT HAWKE

FAMILY KELLY MY WIFE

TOBY 12

KATIE 8

HARVEY 2

JOB : MORTGAGE ADVISOR

HOBBIES ; CRUISING THE FOOTY FORUMS,

PLAYING VIDEO GAMES WITH MY SON ( I BEAT HIM EASY EVERY TIME)

COLLECTING FOOTBALL SHIRTS PROBABLY HAVE NEAR ON 50 NOW FROM ALL LEAGUES AND

COUNTRIES IF ANY LOCAL SIDES HAVE ANY OLD ONES SPARE THEN I WILL TAKE A LARGE OR

XL OF UR HANDS (PM ME FOR MY ADDRESS) WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT AS ONLY HAVE A

COUPLE OF LOCAL SHIRTS

username: mouser

footbal: played for mawgan since i was 12, apart from appearances at port rangers, helston and penzance.

likes: liverpool f.c. , any sport in general, and scoring goals,

dislikes: man utd, cheating linesmans and two faced people.

Darren Buckley marketing/commercial manager Treasure Park.

Age 41

Married : wife Andrea and three children ages 8 ,5 and 4 one girl two boys.

Three Brothers two most people know alan and jason at same club as me.

Team Portreath.a.f.c

Team i support Liverpool and Oldham where i'm originally from..

Favourite player past Kenny Dalglish

Present Steve Gerrard

Favourite film Gladiator

Favourite actor Anthony Hopkins

Music all kinds various

favourite women apart from missis Kylie

Real Name. Bill Lamin

Club Crowntown with Crowan in the West Cornwall Sunday Football League.

Role Central Defender, Secretary, Manager, fund raiser, event organiser, counsellor to players, P.R. Consultant, unofficial representative of age concern.

Previous Clubs (In Cornwall) Camborne Plough, Barripper, Godolphin Arms (Marazion), Crown Inn, Crowntown with Crowan F.C. (Founder 1993)

Football InterestsGetting referees a fair deal, promoting football for pleasure in junior leagues, challenging the less sensible activities of the CCFA (Lapsed - but considering a comeback). Secretary West Cornwall Sunday league.

Claim to fame 43 seasons in grass-roots football, and still loving every game.

Ambition To travel to a game with a free bus pass and to play the whole game. It may well be a real pain but there's a real principle involved.

Best Moment in Football Resisting being ejected from the County AGM after tackling John Ryder head on.

Outside Football Gentle surfing, playing guitar. (Sixties music - gigs sought!) Author of a fantastic book about my grandfather in World War 1.

:D

Guest bertie

Username - Bertie

Real Name - Paul Barrick

Clubs - RAF St Mawgan (combo) - Goonhavern (Mining League)

Been at Goonhavern over 12 years, experienced the highs and lows, but thats Cornish football for you. Mostly played Mining League 1 but did play 2 years with the good RAF St Mawgan side of the early nineties in the Combo league.

Username:Nanks

Job: Bar Manager

Football: St Blazey, Bodmin, St Austell, Falmouth and 1 or 2 more!

Support: Arsenal

Interests: My family

Guest DOYEN

User name: Doyen

Name: Scott Clackworthy (CLAX)

Previous clubs&teams played for : Madron,Pendeen(combo),St Just (combo), Culdrose(combo),Fleet Air Arm

Current Club: MOUSEHOLE. I`m current skipper for the 2nd`s and I make occasional appearences for the 1st team. All dependant upon work circumstances of course - like many others on here.

Other Hobbies include: Horse riding( I have my own)The gym,running,scuba diving,snorkelling,bodyboarding and attempting to learn to surf.keeping fit in general really and any competative sport. I played Rugby for the pirates for 9 yr`s then moved to football, had a few years off then got back into Football and Rugby. I played Rugby for culdrose and for the Fleet Air Arm. Packed Rugby in now, I leave that to my brother.

Support: LIVERPOOL

Dislike: Lazy people with no intention of getting fit or even relatively fit. Fat un-fit people in the RN or Military "get em out there`s no need". Losing. People that don`t give 100% to the end. Being un-fit!!!

DUCHY BOY THROUGH AND THROUGH

Name: Martin McBeath

Clubs: Ross County(YTS), Stonnington city & Waverly (both melbourne clubs), United services portsmouth and Culdrose f.c

Support: Glasgow Rangers

Fave player past: Richard Gough

Fave player present: Alan Hutton

Like: playin poker, drinkin

dislike: celtic

Username: Lil-Miss-Cornwall

Football: I watch Penzance AFC Reserves wiv my Dad, cornishteddyboy - thats wen i can b bothered! :rolleyes:

Hobbies/Interests: ummmm.. College - doin BTEC National Diploma in Early Years @ Penwith coll. :thumbsup: I also like reading, comp games, watchin eastenders, holby city/casulty and castaway.

My Ambitions: In the future i want to go Uni and own my own well established nursery in south west Cornwall!

Dislikes: Cheating linesmen/women - no names *cough cough*

Guest KitKatGirl

Name: KitKatGirl

Lives: Truro, home of the F A Vase Winners :yahoo:

Kids: 2 - Scott 18 and Sarah 15

Claim to Fame: Still the wife of Bobby Wignall, ex-Truro goalkeeper and ex-Truro City Chairman, albeit for a short time until he emigrated to Scouse Land 3 years ago this month!!! and older, but not that much, sister of the legendary Rappo, goal scorer supremo, recently married to Rach, awww bless her, in Las Vegas. He woke up on the 28th April, in a hotel in Vegas, 40 and married!!! Could have been worse tho - he cud have woken up in a field, cuddled up to Dazza Vickery , still 40, with a massive hangover :blink: Try gettin outta that one bruv???

Job: PA

Hobbies and Interests: Football - Man Utd -, cinema, music, goin out when I can, walkin or rather chasing the dog, but also enjoy chillin at home with good company!!!

Guest buzzerz_4_mawgan

Name : buzzerz_4_mawgan

Lives : Ashton

Supporting Club : Mawgan United FC

Hobbies : Football, Skatin , Watchin ma stepdad play 4 mawgan

Guest David P

My name is David Peters

I am Chairman of Falmouth Albion :thumbsup:

I am 61 retired from Royal mail 3 years ago after 41 years service. :yahoo:

Hobbies: 1960s music, I managed a group in 1966, who recorded with the Legendary Joe Meek, family history and falmouth Albion.

My club have had a very succesful season, with many trophys, and with a very youthful squad, we can only get better, which is good for Cornish Soccer :c:

name martin mcphilbin but everyone knows me as mac

club i currntly manage mawgan united i played for mawgan and also have had a couple of years at helston

team i am a big manchester united fan (a real fan from the stretford end) :thumbsup:

home i live in helston (it is paradise compared to the shit hole i come from) :c:

likes united :clapper:

dislikes liverpool :angry2:

fav players paul scholes wayne rooney

fav older players bryan robson roy keane

family i live with steph and the kids regan, kegan and courtney

My username is Bozman1 and thats how you will know me (many of you will know me personally - it is not a secret).

Just in case you doubt it, I was born in & lived all my life in Cornwall.

Without question I am passionate about Cornish Football.

I appreciate the success that some of our sides have managed over the years (St Blazey, Porthleven, Bodmin, Newquay, Falmouth Town, Saltash, Liskeard & Penryn Athletic) even though my support is committed to just one of these (with a slight allegiance with one or two of the others!).

Through work & other committments I have been very slack with the ammount of games I have been to recently (This I aim to put right in 07/08) but my heart is still in the right place.

Bozman1

Guest Gulvals No1

NAME: Rob Gall aka Gallers

CLUB: Gulval afc ( current 2nd Team skipper )

LIKES: Man utd passionately !!!!!!!! listening to coopsie blow his own trumpet ;)

DISLIKES: Liverpool fc and losing

HOBBIES: football, my kids, buffs!!!

user name : jollyman

name : carl jolly

Location : live work and play in Newquay (current 2nd team player manager) but come from Manchester.

Loves : My wife Mandie and two kids - Jordanne & Max plus all our animals !

Best ever player : Arnold Muhren, Roy Keane

Ambition ; born in 74 my playing days are running out but before I hang up my boots want to help re-establish Newquay as a top cornish club again that is at the heart of Newquay's community. A family club; happy and successful.

Username - Matchu78

Real Name - Matt Osborn

Club ( supported ) - Liverpool Fc

Club ( plays for ) - Storm FC ( also club secretary )

Likes - Living the dream every Saturday afternoon ! ( then reliving the dream every Saturday night! ),

Loves - Football, Anfield, My Wife, and having fun.

I have 5 good years of football left in that time I want to establish Storm as a senior side ( last season injuries and some interesting decisions wrecked our dream ).

Real name- Scott Craze

Teams supported- Liverpool and Truro

Teams Played for- Retired due to torn cruciates

Interests football, cricket, champ man

Job- journalism

Origins- lived in Southampton but parents both Cornish

USERNAME - Greyhound

REAL NAME - Anthony Morley

Born - Ilford, Essex Boy!

Team supported - Spurs

Teams Played for - Perranwell, currently Helston

fav players - old- Gary Lineker, new - Robbie Keane

Shirt Number - 9 (of course)

Interests - Obviously Football, squash & taking my 2 greyhounds for a run.

USERNAME: Willser ! :drink:

CLUB: Polperro AFC

FORMER CLUBS: Dobwalls and Looe

SUPPORT: Plymouth Argyle of course ! ! !

LIKES: Football!, Beer, Lager, Cider, Vodka, all mixed into one messy saturday ! ! !

DISLIKES: Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool ! !

Username: C.n.b. No 9

Football club: I play a newly formed club,named the cornish new boys who have just bin entered into mining 3!

Pro team: the mighty blues from stamford bridge.

Interests: when im not playin or training, im up in london or any other ground in the country following chelsea love it!!!

Guest Andrew Lilly

NAME - Andrew Lilly

CLUB - Gloweth United FC

LEAGUE - Nalders West Cornwall Sunday Football League

POSITION - Player/Manager, more of a manager than a player due to being slower than a snail

FAVE CLUB - Liverpool FC - Check out the new stadium AWSOME!!

Guest Cornishdave1980

Username: Cornishdave1980

Job: Royal Air Force

Football: Played a for a few teams in the Fal Hel leagues before joining RAF, had a 3 year spell at St Mawgan which allowed me to play for Roche ECPL and work as part of the coaching staff at Falmouth Town Combo(some might remember as the dodgy linesman for Town). Now run a youth development program in Cyprus for the local kids.

Hobbies: Football, Coaching, sun bathing, Fantasy Football and Texas Poker.

:thumbsup:

Guest el nino

User Name - El Nino

Name - Damon Walters

Clubs - Caharrack and Gloweth

Position - Centre Mid/ Right back

Fave Club - ManUtd

Guest Marq

Name - Marq

Real name - Marq O'Hare

Occupation - Operational Manager. For complaints. lol and Musician

Location - Middlesbrough

Support - Dont really have one. Moved around so much in my life it got confusing. lol

just love football :)

Got interested in cornish soccer through my girlfriend :D who lives there and is on here. : )

I'll let you work that one out. lol

Ive never used anything like this before so if i make a mess sorry. lol

Guest RedDel

Username RedDel

Realname Derek Cherry

Football Just taken over as Football Secretary at Newquay AFC so this year is a steep learning curve. Played for my village as a lad in the Cheltenham League and lots of different RAF Stations in local leagues.

Work Was in the RAF for 22 years as an mechanical engineering technician. Have worked for SWW for the last 15 years as a Water Treatment Operator.

Team Support Man Utd.

Family My wife helps run the canteen at Newquay. My daughter Amanda works in the clubhouse and with my son Chris at the Mermaid

Hobbies Play darts for the Mermaid (also sectretary of the crantock darts league), computers, photography, golf but never seem to get time to play, would like to do more :drink: but shift work gets in the way.

REAL NAME; DAVE GREEN

FOOTBALL INVOLVEMENT; REFEREE ECPL, WOMEN'S LEAGUE & DUCHY. ASSISTANT ON SWPL.

CLUBS; PLAYED MOST OF MY FOOTBALL IN CRAWLEY AFTER I MOVED THERE IN 1987, PLAYED FOR CRAWLEY SECONDS IN 1991 YEARS BEFORE THEY WERE ANY GOOD. AFTER THAT I PLAYED THE LOCAL LEAGUES IN CRAWLEY UNTIL MY SECOND FRACTURED ANKLE FORCED ME TO RETIRE. MOVED BACK TO MY HOMETOWN OF LAUNCESTON IN 2002.

SUPPORT; ARGYLE TIL I DIE !!!

HOBBIES; I TOOK UP REFEREEING AS IT KEEPS ME IN THE GAME AND I'M LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

POINTS OF INTEREST; GOT ROPED INTO RUNNING A MARATHON A FEW YEARS AGO AND THEN CAUGHT THE "BUG". IN 2007 I ACQUIRED A GUINESS WORLD RECORD FOR THE FASTEST MALE IN A SUPERHERO OUTFIT (YES, REALLY !)

Guest newquay ugly

Newquay Ugly aka Rob hartill

undertaker by profession

enjoy sport of all descriptions

involved with newquay fc, in various roles over the years, though not at present.

(ex programme editor, assistant groundsman, dogsbody, trainer Newquay ladies and committee member, )

dedicated wolves fan

Guest postman pat

username:- Postman Pat

realname:- Martin Eddy

job :- Postman 22 years

playing career :- mainly holmans but happy times at illogan and st.day

chairman Titans f.c where 3 of my sons play, lino holmans where my 4th son plays

hobbies:- football,football,football where ever my sons are playing.use to run a bit but have not got the time now.

qaulified ref and level 1 coach, hate players giving officials stick

support:-PLYMOUTH ARGYLE watch whenever i can

:drink::clapper::thumbsup: :yahoo: