Cornwall Football Forum

Today is the day...

Does anyone else agree with me that England have one of the weakest squads I can remember? I just see false hope. We are going out at the group stage, I can just see it. I hope tonight against Russia we see an attacking, confident display, which will give us a chance. But I fear the worst.

Wrong again Older. Actually, a good performance. I thought Walker was excellent today, Dier played well, and Rooney, 3 players I do not usually like. I think Alli faded in the second half, Sterling was all fizz and no pop, Rose looked nervous, but got better as we went on. But Russia provided little threat. We should have won that game, fairly comfortably, and a draw increases the pressure a little bit. By the way, I'm not sure that was a free kick for the Dier goal, the bloke could not get out the way. But at least we did not lose.

Overall a good performance but perhaps with 20 mins to go swap Vardy for Kane as we  didn't give him enough support in the box  and Vardy is a bit more direct ,. The game against Wales is now a must win was really impressed with their team spirit and work rate they played for each other , nothing unusual about England drawing their first game but goals win games not possession .

Overall a good performance but perhaps with 20 mins to go swap Vardy for Kane as we  didn't give him enough support in the box  and Vardy is a bit more direct ,. The game against Wales is now a must win was really impressed with their team spirit and work rate they played for each other , nothing unusual about England drawing their first game but goals win games not possession .

4 hours ago, Mangle said:

So good, you said it twice.    I know seen it after I posted  as I went to post this it was still on my hudl , not the first time it has happened , but then again as you get OLDER you do tend to repeat yourself , repeat yourself.:yahoo:

1 hour ago, stevieb said:
6 hours ago, Mangle said:

So good, you said it twice.    I know seen it after I posted  as I went to post this it was still on my hudl , not the first time it has happened , but then again as you get OLDER you do tend to repeat yourself , repeat yourself.:yahoo:

Leave me...leave me out of it, it, it.