Cornwall Football Forum

Mining Division League (Finals) 1957

Just looking at the programme (3d) for The Mining Division Football League-Finals 1957(Including Lineups & Referees)

DUNN CUP Final Mon.29th.April.-Perranporth & District v Devoran United played at The Recreation Ground Chacewater.

DUNN CUP Runners Up match Tues.30th.April-Chacewater v Illogan Royal British legion Played at Rope-Walk, St.Agnes

M.D.LEAGUE SHIELD Final Wed.1st.May.St.Keverne v Chacewater Played at Lower Broad Lane,Illogan

JUBILEE CUP Final Thurs 2nd.May  Helston Grammar School v Illogan R.B.L. Played at Beacon Parc,Helston

Notes-Congratulations to HART CUP winners Helston Grammar School-Runners Up Illogan R B L Reserves.

This 1957 Season was a new MDL venture by playing each Final on a separate night breaking away from tradition when they were all played on F A Cup Final Day. This to combat the threat of Live T V coverage of Man Utd. v Aston Villa

Where are grounds now?. Rope-Walk,St.Agnes  &  Lower Broad Lane,Illogan.  Beacon Parc was very close to Kellaway Park,Helston.

Hi Mike, yeah it was my dad mate. Surprised when I saw he was number 10!!! My lucky superstitious number!!! He always said he liked number 5!!! He enjoyed his time at Chacewater, remember him saying they had a good side. Saw a few of his medals from around that time so they must have been!?! Think about five of them went to Truro City after that spell? All the best Mike x