Cornwall Football Forum

Chief Executive Officer

Truro City Football Club have announced the Colin Bradbury is the new CEO, this means Colin will be very busy as he already the photographer, Program editor and PR Manager   I  wish him all the best.   

From Truro City Website 

In the future, as CEO Colin will be working closely with the Chairman, the Management Team, the Club Secretary, the club’s commercial partners, the Supporters Club and the volunteers as a whole to ensure that the club is set up for success

Seems a strange move to me.  Leaving aside the mans abject failure in carrying out his primary role of managing the clubs Public Relations.  With Investors apparently about to come on board, should those investors not be given the chance to vote on the CEO appointment.  Maybe the Board of one wanted to make sure he got his puppet in first.

His promotion,cant be on ability.

Look at his track record as PR Manager.Disgraceful.

Plus ,their are his comments about the awful events at Maidstone ,which were not very clever.

But as people have said,the strings are pulled a little higher up than the CEO,and a very good point about the new investor's having a say on the new CEO.

Although,it seems to have gone very quiet about the new investors and it is 31st May on Tuesday.

27 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

With all of those responsibilities and titles, in a lot of meetings.....he'll be the only one there :wacko:

It is very funny,if you check the Truro City Official Website.

The news about the new CEO,is actually posted by guess who.?

The new CEO. Colin Bradbury.

Just about sums up,the people that run the Club.

Knowing Truro City's attitude towards the Cornwall Football Forum maybe Burnsey is next for the "exit" turnstile.:thumbsup::SM_carton::yahoo: 

Perhaps we should have a "Peter Says" thread.

15 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'll give it until April 1st

Maybe the club bar should be serving DOOMBAR. 

Does CEO duties include raking?

On 5/29/2016 at 13:53, MOUNTAINEER said:

Knowing Truro City's attitude towards the Cornwall Football Forum maybe Burnsey is next for the "exit" turnstile.:thumbsup::SM_carton::yahoo: 

Perhaps we should have a "Peter Says" thread.

Maybe the club bar should be serving DOOMBAR. 

Does CEO duties include raking?

Oh Dear, me again why would I be heading for the Turnstile please enlighten me (I wish I had a different surname) 

1 hour ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Oh Dear, me again why would I be heading for the Turnstile please enlighten me (I wish I had a different surname) 

Mikey - Humour

I'll explain, following your approval of the club, something Peter would be proud of you then criticised what happened to Steve Tully (same as the rest of us), surely you realise that puts you in the camp of those who disapprove of Peter's action and with it the risk of being banned from the forums and social media threads. 

I would say about 50% of forum postings have a sense of humour in them and should be viewed accordingly.

2 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

YES - YES - YES - YES - YES - YES - YES - YES - YES - Has it sunk in yet ?

A management team of ONE is better than a management team of NONE.

Calm down dear me, one must look after on self.    Nothing ever changes  its your word and that's it, No one else is allowed opinion 

1 minute ago, somersetspur said:

You would have to go through the correct procedure,as do all applicants.

Will you 2nd me then??

30 minutes ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Calm down dear me, one must look after on self.    Nothing ever changes  its your word and that's it, No one else is allowed opinion 

Will you 2nd me then??

Not quite as simple as that.

You would have to fill out an application form with a proposer and seconder.

That form would then go to the election committee,where they would decide if you would be an asset to the association,and weather they feel you would contribute to all the worth while activities.

Following TCFC,raising money to subsidise away travel,car boots,quiz nights,social evenings,raising money for local charities,and I could go on,but you get the idea.

We have had some people apply,with just the intention of travelling to away fixture's when they fancy it.

Thats not what we are all about. 

2 hours ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Mikey, you haven't been paying attention, my postings always leave an avenue for others to comment whether they agree or disagree with me, intelligent  response is always welcome.

Will you 2nd me then??

At last - A humorous posting -

Oh dear Dave (SSS) - You didn't say YES - Are you The Artful Dodger in disguise? 

5 hours ago, chairman said:

Think Hitler thought so too.

:thumbsup: I didn't think we were allowed to mention him :thumbsup:

.................Hello Chairman - it's been a while......................

Wouldn't it be funny if following the Jose' court case he got a lengthy ban from football.

• 1 month later...

Having stuck up for the club and taken stick, I have to say I was wrong 39 days a message was sent regarding helping them on match days or helping Tom has fallen on deaf ears, some of you may laugh at me Fair enough I have broad shoulders  lol,    Ok just have to go and watch from the stands.

6 hours ago, russellkeeble said:

Mike

Send me an email russellkeeble@yahoo,co,uk and I will raise your offer of help at the AGM on thursday .

I might be going and ask why no response from the club? It is really bad that they have ignored the offer of help, I am disappointed, I think my actions to support the campaign to keep Truro in Cornwall  and speak out  may of been one of the reason I am being snubbed. I had my reasons (medical). I also sent another message  the same time i posted on here,  just checked, NOTHING!!   It's very quite on the clubs website only thing of  interest was the Pre-Season friendlies fixtures, and a statement why the prices have gone up,  it states if you want to see lower level football in the County  then they will be cheaper and  price increase was in-line with league clubs . Will the question of why no season tickets . I thought that the extra finance that would of generated over summer come in handy.

It is a shame that I have had no reply, I enjoyed woking with Tom Trust

21 hours ago, russellkeeble said:

Mike

Send me an email russellkeeble@yahoo,co,uk and I will raise your offer of help at the AGM on thursday .

I might be going and ask why no response from the club? It is really bad that they have ignored the offer of help, I am disappointed, I think my actions to support the campaign to keep Truro in Cornwall  and speak out  may of been one of the reason I am being snubbed. I had my reasons (medical). I also sent another message  the same time i posted on here,  just checked, NOTHING!!   It's very quite on the clubs website only thing of  interest was the Pre-Season friendlies fixtures, and a statement why the prices have gone up,  it states if you want to see lower level football in the County  then they will be cheaper and  price increase was in-line with league clubs . Will the question of why no season tickets . I thought that the extra finance that would of generated over summer come in handy.

It is a shame that I have had no reply, I enjoyed woking with Tom Trust

I have to back track my moan about season tickets as today the club announced  the prices  see Truro City Football Club for details. I still think that they could of said season tickets news will be available in July  instead of the deadly silent 

There may not be as much money available this year as there was last season, I'm aware of that possibility. But I don't care where the money for new players comes from, as long as we get them. Interesting situation at Torquay I must admit.

3 minutes ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Will be AGM Thursday, need to see what's going on, I passed Silver Bow today and what a shock :o still nothing, also passed the club and saw a Porta-Cabin flying in the air I wonder if it's the new PR office ??  All go at Truro City 

All go.???????????????????????????????????????//

Apart from the meeting and season ticket news,its been quiet.

At times this summer,I wondered if there was a Truro City.

Im sure you will keep us updated on events on Thursday.:thumbsup:

On 7/12/2016 at 00:39, JENGLE said:

They took their time to announce the news Mikey and definitely could've been done earlier. I think most people should be happy with the prices though.

Season ticket price to watch Truro City (21 games) works out the same as it does to watch Football League Div II Wycombe Wanderers (23 games) per game so for two grades lower that's dear. Bath City's prices have always been quite high perhaps that's why they were selected to compare with. I should add at WWFC it is standing behind the goal in the home end.

If Truro had a squad that we knew were going to do well, I'd buy a season ticket at the current price. It turns out I can't anyway because of my playing commitments. I know someone who is in two minds about getting one after hearing about the game last night as well.

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 17:40, JENGLE said:

If Truro had a squad that we knew were going to do well, I'd buy a season ticket at the current price. It turns out I can't anyway because of my playing commitments. I know someone who is in two minds about getting one after hearing about the game last night as well.

Early days yet fitness peaks later when the players get over their close season break.

No point using up too much of next seasons energy before there's a need  to use it.

Peak at the right time.

I understand what you are saying Ivor but Truro should be beating teams like Falmouth a little easier than what they did, be it a friendly or a competitive game. Still concerned about the number of signed on players we have when the season only starts in just over a couple of weeks time.

47 minutes ago, JENGLE said:

I understand what you are saying Ivor but Truro should be beating teams like Falmouth a little easier than what they did, be it a friendly or a competitive game. Still concerned about the number of signed on players we have when the season only starts in just over a couple of weeks time.

Proves my point really.

Think Lee has the first eleven assembled already,the rest will be bench and back up players.